Oklahoma Oil Producers May Be Out Mil...

Oklahoma Oil Producers May Be Out Millions

There are 10 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jul 21, 2009, titled Oklahoma Oil Producers May Be Out Millions. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Oklahoma's independent oil producers may be left out in the cold, one year after SemGroup filed bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

nighteagle

Haskell, OK

#1 Jul 21, 2009
This is not right, why should Ceo's,manager etc get big bonus's at Sem group and poor people producers and land owners get nothing,? little people who need it the most for food, medicine, utilaty bills etc. worst should be first in line to skim the cream off the top not fat cats who already have had their hand in the cookie jar
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jul 21, 2009
We live in a world where the bonuses dont need to be earned. Its the political world of today. You lost your only chance to get paid in court when a gentleman was going to buy the company and stop the money flow out the back door. He was relieved of duty by management, so the money will flow.
Liberty

Mexico

#3 Jul 21, 2009
This article is completely misleading, don't report the story at all if you have no facts. Your misinfo is a disservice to the people of this state.

“Divers do it best!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 21, 2009
Yet when they were making bank off everyone else paying 4 dollars a gallon it was ok? What about all the millions of americans out millions to pay the over priced gas? They could have sold oil for cheaper then the other guy but chose instead to make ungodly profits at that time.

So why is it bad that they are experiencing the hardships now that we had to endure then?
Dora

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jul 21, 2009
Why is this being done in Delaware? If SemGroup is based in Tulsa, why wasn't it filed in Oklahoma? What does Delaware have to do with Oklahoma businesses? This should be looked into closely because this just isn't right. How much did SemGroup pay Delaware?
Dora

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jul 21, 2009
Liberty wrote:
This article is completely misleading, don't report the story at all if you have no facts. Your misinfo is a disservice to the people of this state.


So what is the REAL story? What info can you tell us that would enlighten us to what is really going on with this?
Oklahoma River

Kuwait

#7 Jul 22, 2009
hold on wrote:
Yet when they were making bank off everyone else paying 4 dollars a gallon it was ok? What about all the millions of americans out millions to pay the over priced gas? They could have sold oil for cheaper then the other guy but chose instead to make ungodly profits at that time.
So why is it bad that they are experiencing the hardships now that we had to endure then?
This has nothing to do with the price of gas. This has to do with producers and royalty owners not being paid for the oil that they sold to Semcrude. The producers and royalty owners should be first in line, ahead of the creditors in receiving their money. This is not any different than flat out stealing the oil.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 22, 2009
Dora wrote:
Why is this being done in Delaware? If SemGroup is based in Tulsa, why wasn't it filed in Oklahoma? What does Delaware have to do with Oklahoma businesses? This should be looked into closely because this just isn't right. How much did SemGroup pay Delaware?
Major corporations file for incorporations in Delaware because it is favorable for them in just such a case. I don't understand as well why you have to be a resident to file court matters here but you can incorporate in any state you want. That needs to be fixed.
wreath

United States

#10 Jul 23, 2009
As a small royalty owner whose oil was stolen this confirms that the little guy has no protection from legalized theft by the likes of Bank of America despite state statutes that were enacted to protect against this very type of theft.While Kivisto can rot in jail(unlikely) the real culprits have proven to be the judicial and high finance powers that continue to steal from the thousands of working interest and royalty owners.
DPB

Boulder, CO

#11 Oct 19, 2009
I'm a Royalty owner and got clipped for 2 months of production as well by SemCrude. Have they finally settled on an amount to pay back to the producers?. If so anyone have an estimate on the time of payment?.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbors React To Bartlesville Officer-Involve... Thu decb 1
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Thu mtf 44
Noblitt Computers in Bartlesville Thu Proteus 1
Heather Dawson Jan 7 Jilted Lover 4
just looking for photos and info on my Dad... (Jul '17) Dec 27 chartroomgirl 7
Tulsa molesters (Mar '17) Dec '17 Maggie 2
Jack A Morrison (Mar '17) Dec '17 sharky 4

Delaware Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delaware Mortgages