Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Thank you for this! Now the supporters NEED to go to EVERY trustee meeting (including the one tomorrow) to show the FD that there are people out here that appreciate, and support them, and to keep her mouth shut! She seems to not say much when people stand up against her....
The Truth Informer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord yourself.
Why do I answer these posts like a jackass? Because you make statements like a jackass. You have no idea how those fellas do their job, you just make general statements like you are the authority on how the fire department does business, then when you get smacked down with TRUTH and FACTS you get all hurt.
If you have questions that you want answered, then pose your questions like an adult and I will treat you like an adult. Get on here and bark like you have all the answers, and I'll break it down to a 1st grade reading level for you.
So here are some answers...
There aren't members on the fire department trained to those standards because the fire safety office was cut from 3 people to 1. They were the ones trained to do that.
They watched their colleges walk out the door, after uneducated voters like you listened to Melanie and her lackeys and voted their jobs away. Don't act like you or your over-educated, under-experienced neighbors had no part in this. There was no way for the firefighters to take a big enough pay cut to save their buddies. After the guys did some math, they decided each firefighter would have to take almost a $12,000 a year pay cut for 5 years.
Do you want to hear that there were tears shed by both guys staying and guys being laid off at their fire union meetings when the ugly truth was realized? Well, there were. Hope you are proud of yourself.
Do you have any idea what Melanie and her Wedgewood Wackadoodles have done to our fire department? Don't you have any pride in the guys that have raised their right hand and swore to God to keep you and your families safe? Yes, each Liberty Township fireman swears and oath to protect you before they begin working. God people like you just piss me off.
Have you ever considered the possibility that the fire department was being run efficiently? Sure, government can always be run leaner, adjustments can always be made. But for CODE PINK to get elected and immediately declare war on the fire department and their union is bad business, bad leadership and bad decision-making. The FEMINAZI likes to try to hide her anti-firefighter campaign by acting like she never made the statements that can easily be found on This Week News. Could the fire department have doe some re-organization? Sure. Does that mean she has to campaign against a fire levy causing it to fail then refusing have to make the hard decisions after, such as laying off firefighters? Talk about a lack of accountability and responsibility. She creates a mess, then distances herself from the cleanup, pointing the finger at the other two trustees that had to be the adult and make hard decisions. It's like having a teenager on the board. They go out and act like an idiot, and the parents have to clean up their mess.
Stop bashing the fire department , or acting like they didn't know what they were doing, or were wasting your tax dollars, or whatever you people complain about. Wy don't you stop by one of the fire stations and thank those guys for what they do for us instead of thinking up more complaints.
Are you a parent? Do you teach your children such lack of compassion or respect for those who protect us? GOOD LORD this country is going to fall apart....
Take a breath

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

God forbid anyone ask questions with out getting a lengthy, smart-ass non-answer.

Everyone should take a step back, take a deep breath and remember that the levy failed by a
vote of the residents...not just a few people.

The majority of the township did not want their taxes increased by that much. That doesn't mean they are anti-FFs. It means they are anti-tax hike. If the levy had been on an earlier ballot and failed, they could have placed another levy on a later ballot that was still an increase, but not by so much. But the trustees did not afford us that luxury...and that includes Leneghan. It's too bad that no one knew that presidential primaries are held in March, not May. But in their defense, that law just changed in 1999!!

The timing of the levy was horrible. Over 15K people voted in November when the levy failed. Only around 4K people voted when it came down to having a fire department or not. The only ones who are anti-FF are the ones who voted no in Feb.

I absolutely believe there were tears shed when FF were let go. I wish the second levy had been enough money to keep all of them. But ALL of the trustees failed us...again!

Congrats to the FF who got a $1M grant for the FD. That is great work and a job very well done! It begs the question, though, as to why no one at the township is looking for grant money? We pay for a fiscal officer. Why isn't he doing it? The FF, on his own, found a grant, filled out all of the paperwork and was successful. Shouldn't our well-paid, do nothing fiscal officer be doing that?

Once again I will state, I am not anti-FF. I am anti-stupid f-ing trustees who don't know how to do their job. That goes for the fiscal officer, too.
truth giver

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

There is no staff to do these activities because the existing staff must be there for fire and EMS calls. When the township had full staffing, 55, two fire trucks and two EMS medics were staffed 24/365 and there were staff to do the many public service activities that cannot be done now with a staff of 42. No money, no staff.
How much does it cost wrote:
You stated there is no more money for CPR classes, child safety seat inspections or for a FF to go to the schools to educate OUR CHILDREN on fire safety.
Why do there things cost additional money? Especially the child safety seat inspections. Does this mean if I drove to a fire station and asked them to check my child safety seats they would say no?
Don't we already own the ecessary equipment to teach CPR? What other cost is there? I mean, the residents go to you, right? They aren't makin housecalls, right?
The OLSD helps pay for the School Resource Officers. Have you asked them to pitch in for the cost of a fire prevention officer? Or can't the FD just spare someone who doesn't usually ride on a truck to teach OUR CHILDREN about fire safety and prevention?
Aren't these the same FFs you blather on about how much they care about our community? Do they really or is it just if they make extra cash doing it?
Maybe I'm not understanding why mony is needed to keep these programs in place. Please fill us all in.
Thank you

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Finally, a straight answer. Thank you for posting. It is truly a shame that in a community like ours that we don't have enough staffing to handle public service activities.

I hope we can figure out a way to bring more money into the FD so we can get our staff back, like soft-billing for EMS runs.

Soft-billing means that we send a bill to the insurance company, and if they pay it, great. If they do not pay it, the township drops the claim. It sounds like a no-lose program. There are plenty of people who will agree we pay a small fortune for health insurance, so if our insurance companies will reimburse the township for EMS runs, then we should collect every damn dime from them and give it to our FD. That is why we have insurance!

It is a sad state of affairs that most people don't trust our elected officials enough to want to give them our money and that they think we're dumb enough to grasp at the only straw they offer. We deserve better and so does our FD.

The trustees made a mess of our FD and should be ashamed of themselves. That was a group effort designed for failure...a split on the board. Then add the comments, the news articles, the back-biting, the ramblings of people, including FFs, on this forum, all led to failure.

When people don't feel comfortable with a situation, they'll vote no. No campiagn in the world could have stopped this from happening and it was all due to the actions of the trustees. I hope everyone has learned their lesson on how not to treat the voters.
truth giver wrote:
There is no staff to do these activities because the existing staff must be there for fire and EMS calls. When the township had full staffing, 55, two fire trucks and two EMS medics were staffed 24/365 and there were staff to do the many public service activities that cannot be done now with a staff of 42. No money, no staff.
<quoted text>
Sounds right to me

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Seems right on the money to me. What are the distortions and half-truths?

If you have no idea where to start, start with the 5.6 mill levy we all start paying in 2014 and go from there.

I'll add that the 5.6 mil levy, while seemingly less than the 6 mills we had before, we will be paying more money each year because we aren't paying anything now. We have one year of $0 followed by 5 years of $7.2M, instead of $6M each year. That's like buying a car and paying nothing the first year, but then having to pay off the balance over the next 5 years. The payment is higher because you have less time to pay off the rest of the debt.
Melanie must go wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! There are so many distortions and half truths here I have no idea where to start. This is so stupid. Clearly, your view of the reality is tragic. You must have missed the pill cart.
Role Reversal

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

This FF is doing LAZY Mark Gerber's job. Gerber have gotten off his ample backside and gone after the grant money. Suggestion implement soft billing and let this FF run the soft billing for EMS in his free time.We all know Gerber can't handle it.
Seriously wrote:
http://www.10tv.com/content/st ories/2012/06/26/powell-fire-d epartment-uses-high-tech-tool- to-stop-traffic-during-emergen cies.html
Clearly this video that made the local news here in Columbus and many international trade shows as well, demonstrates what a bunch of non-caring union thugs we have for firefighters in Liberty Township. All these guys are in it for is to screw every last tax payer out of every last dime they have and its all because they are greedy... In fact this guy that is featured in this video (not the chief, as he is about worthless)who I talked to personally one day when I stopped by the station was the one that took it upon himself to write the federal grant that paid for this system. For that matter he told me (and I personally confirmed it) that he has written and recieved nearly a million dollars in federal funds to help offset the costs to the Liberty Township tax payer. These funds were used to pay for new fire fighting outfits, new hose and new rescue equipment. The most interesting fact that I confirmed with the fire chief is this.... This man, one of our firefighters took this task upon himself and did so without being compensated for it at all... Yep folks our firefighters are totally useless, greedy, lazy and non-interested in the people that they serve! If they put a levy on the ballot tomorrow with a double digit millage, I would not only vote for it, but I would campaign publicly for it as well.... We as residents deserve the absolute best in protection when we need it most and Melanie, Peggy, Mike, Kelly and the rest of the anti- firefighter crew have said that you as tax payers DO NOT DESERVE the best. We will decide what is the best for you and WE know whats best for the township. YEAH RIGHT ! These morons couldn't recognize their ass from a hole in the ground, and have absolutely no clue about anything concerning the emergency services. I am a voter who decided to become educated and I am glad that I did ! Please go educate yourself and don't belive what these spindle headed ass clowns say, trust me as a former member of their party I can attest to the fact, that they are clueless and only out for themselves!
Oh yeah and while I am at it, I will join the club and say this.... Tempe, you talk out of your ass!!!
Promotion

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Seems like that FF should get a promotion and let him work on getting grants and supervising soft-billing for the FD since we KNOW our LAZY fiscal officer won't do it. I hope the trustees are reading this. LTFD has an OUTSTANDING FF who not only responds to calls but looks for ways to get more money for more equipment that they need.

GIVE THAT FF A PROMOTION AND LET HIM HELP OUR FD!! What is the name of the FF? Does anyone know? He should get a medal or some sort of acclimation from the trustees in PUBLIC session so that everyone knows it is the FFs themselves helping the FD...not the trustees or fiscal officer, who are the ones who should be doing it!
Role Reversal wrote:
This FF is doing LAZY Mark Gerber's job. Gerber have gotten off his ample backside and gone after the grant money. Suggestion implement soft billing and let this FF run the soft billing for EMS in his free time.We all know Gerber can't handle it.
<quoted text>
Taxpayer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Ff,Smith, could be the name that got most of the grant $$$$$$
The Truth Informer

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Promotion wrote:
Seems like that FF should get a promotion and let him work on getting grants and supervising soft-billing for the FD since we KNOW our LAZY fiscal officer won't do it. I hope the trustees are reading this. LTFD has an OUTSTANDING FF who not only responds to calls but looks for ways to get more money for more equipment that they need.
GIVE THAT FF A PROMOTION AND LET HIM HELP OUR FD!! What is the name of the FF? Does anyone know? He should get a medal or some sort of acclimation from the trustees in PUBLIC session so that everyone knows it is the FFs themselves helping the FD...not the trustees or fiscal officer, who are the ones who should be doing it!
<quoted text>
He did get a medal for it. Our firemen get awards all the time, no one cares.

Would any of you anti-fire department people really care if one of our heroes got a medal? Probably not.
that is not true

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

<quoted text>
He did get a medal for it. Our firemen get awards all the time, no one cares.
Would any of you anti-fire department people really care if one of our heroes got a medal? Probably not.
I am certainly NOT anti-fire department but I do not even know when one of you receives a medal or award. I think you should make that more known to the public! You all are heroes, start bragging about it!
The Truth Informer

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

that is not true wrote:
<quoted text>
I am certainly NOT anti-fire department but I do not even know when one of you receives a medal or award. I think you should make that more known to the public! You all are heroes, start bragging about it!
I am not a member of the fire department, my son, however is a firefighter in the Cincinnati area.

Please read back through this thread, you will see that the anti-fire department crowd (Melanie and her band of FEMI-NAZI lackeys including Kelly, Sarah, Peggi and of course, Mike Gemperline....wait, they had a name....what was it.....oh yea, "Friends of Liberty Township") all screamed about how the firefighters need to keep their mouths shut, get on their trucks and do their job.

If you REALLY WERE pro-fire department, you would pay more attention to the destructive behavior happening in our community and TAKE A STAND AGAINST IT. Tell people that bash the firefighters to shut their mouths.

DId you know that in October of 2012, the firefighters showed up at a Halloween party in Wedgewood (aka the snake pit) and had bags of candy to hand out to the kids, like they do many neighborhoods.

Guess what happened?

They were met by a small but angry mob of millionaires who ran them out of the neighborhood. They screamed at them in front of the kids, berated them and bullied them. The firefighters got in their trucks and left before a single piece of candy was handed out.

This is how Liberty Township/Powell treats their firefighters. Proud yet?
Enough already

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I know who you are wirting about. The Kelly you are referring to was incorrectly identified as being involved with the "Friends of Liberty Township" or any of the anti-levy campaign. The FF who used her name even corrected himself in public session. She does not live in Wedgewood. She went to exactly one meeting to make sure the FF corrected himself. Even Mike Gemperline stated he has never met her before. Please stop including her in your rantings.
The Truth Informer

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Enough already wrote:
I know who you are wirting about. The Kelly you are referring to was incorrectly identified as being involved with the "Friends of Liberty Township" or any of the anti-levy campaign. The FF who used her name even corrected himself in public session. She does not live in Wedgewood. She went to exactly one meeting to make sure the FF corrected himself. Even Mike Gemperline stated he has never met her before. Please stop including her in your rantings.
Nope.
Nope to What

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Nope that's not that person you are refering to or nope you will not stop including her even though you have the worng person?
<quoted text>
Nope.
Actually

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

The person's name, who got all involved with "Friends of Liberty Township" an the anti-levy campaign name, isn't even Kelly. It is someone else completly. Go ask your FF.
Why

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

If people are trying to pinpoint specific people why not call them out instead of being so vague....
The Truth Informer

Litchfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Why wrote:
If people are trying to pinpoint specific people why not call them out instead of being so vague....
Key Players in the destruction of the Liberty Township Fire Department, AKA

The "Friends of Liberty Township" CODE PINK, FEMINAZI Anti-Firefighter Coalition:

Chair: Melanie Lengahaghanan- Founder. New FEMINAZI activist who was elected to Liberty Township based off of a 20 year old picture she plastered everywhere during her campaign. Talk about bait and switch. Once elected, she declared war on the Liberty Township Firefighters by an aggressive anti-levy campaign, harrassing them in public locales, calling the only female firefighter on the department a "token" then refusing to apologize for it. She has repeatedly demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge on how a public safety organization works, focusing only on how to cut costs rather than either redirecting internal funding or finding new funding. She repeatedly demonstrates how little professional experience she has by showing a COMPLETE lack of compassion for the safety of her constituents and guests to Liberty Township, even willing to cut emergency responses to the Columbus Zoo and Zoombiezi Bay, making an injured person or heart attack victim wait 3X as long, saying "I DON'T CARE". She is the worst thing that has ever happened in Liberty Township.

Executive Assistant in Stupidity: Peggy Guzzo. A de-throned Liberty Township Trustee who continues to hang around and cause problems until she can get back onto a throne. Her poor decision making skills have rung up $34,619.53of taxpayer money. http://www.libertytwp.org/Downloads/09-0506-1... Peggi is the true enemy of Liberty Township, who has held several elected positions but can't seem to get along with anyone, so she loses her seat before she can accomplish anything. Basically an ignorant housewife who wants desperately to be an elected official but ends up being an ignorant housewife with a failed political career.

Fall Guy and Personal Patsy: Mike Gemperline. This guy is like the UNIBOMBER, just not smart. He is the public founder of "Friends of Liberty Township" and takes his cues from Melanie and Peggy. Mike is a true whack-job, spending his time at 9-12 Project conventions and signing online petitions to destabilize the Republican Party (yes Mike, I'm watching you http://subsidiaritytimes.com/2013/04/16/gop-c...
That is not true

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

<quoted text>
I am not a member of the fire department, my son, however is a firefighter in the Cincinnati area.
Please read back through this thread, you will see that the anti-fire department crowd (Melanie and her band of FEMI-NAZI lackeys including Kelly, Sarah, Peggi and of course, Mike Gemperline....wait, they had a name....what was it.....oh yea, "Friends of Liberty Township") all screamed about how the firefighters need to keep their mouths shut, get on their trucks and do their job.
If you REALLY WERE pro-fire department, you would pay more attention to the destructive behavior happening in our community and TAKE A STAND AGAINST IT. Tell people that bash the firefighters to shut their mouths.
DId you know that in October of 2012, the firefighters showed up at a Halloween party in Wedgewood (aka the snake pit) and had bags of candy to hand out to the kids, like they do many neighborhoods.
Guess what happened?
They were met by a small but angry mob of millionaires who ran them out of the neighborhood. They screamed at them in front of the kids, berated them and bullied them. The firefighters got in their trucks and left before a single piece of candy was handed out.
This is how Liberty Township/Powell treats their firefighters. Proud yet?
If I was really Pro-Fire Department I would pay more attention and take a stand against it? How exactly do you know that I am not doing things to stand up for them and when am I supposed to tell Melanie and her groupies to shut up? Can not stand up at a trustee meeting, there are rules of decorum.

Why fight against someone who is trying to figure out the crap vs truth on this site and not work with them... there is strength in numbers.
Incomplete

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

So who is the Kelly you keep referring to? I notice his/her name is not on your list.
<quoted text>
Key Players in the destruction of the Liberty Township Fire Department, AKA
The "Friends of Liberty Township" CODE PINK, FEMINAZI Anti-Firefighter Coalition:
Chair: Melanie Lengahaghanan- Founder. New FEMINAZI activist who was elected to Liberty Township based off of a 20 year old picture she plastered everywhere during her campaign. Talk about bait and switch. Once elected, she declared war on the Liberty Township Firefighters by an aggressive anti-levy campaign, harrassing them in public locales, calling the only female firefighter on the department a "token" then refusing to apologize for it. She has repeatedly demonstrated a complete lack of knowledge on how a public safety organization works, focusing only on how to cut costs rather than either redirecting internal funding or finding new funding. She repeatedly demonstrates how little professional experience she has by showing a COMPLETE lack of compassion for the safety of her constituents and guests to Liberty Township, even willing to cut emergency responses to the Columbus Zoo and Zoombiezi Bay, making an injured person or heart attack victim wait 3X as long, saying "I DON'T CARE". She is the worst thing that has ever happened in Liberty Township.
Executive Assistant in Stupidity: Peggy Guzzo. A de-throned Liberty Township Trustee who continues to hang around and cause problems until she can get back onto a throne. Her poor decision making skills have rung up $34,619.53of taxpayer money. http://www.libertytwp.org/Downloads/09-0506-1... Peggi is the true enemy of Liberty Township, who has held several elected positions but can't seem to get along with anyone, so she loses her seat before she can accomplish anything. Basically an ignorant housewife who wants desperately to be an elected official but ends up being an ignorant housewife with a failed political career.
Fall Guy and Personal Patsy: Mike Gemperline. This guy is like the UNIBOMBER, just not smart. He is the public founder of "Friends of Liberty Township" and takes his cues from Melanie and Peggy. Mike is a true whack-job, spending his time at 9-12 Project conventions and signing online petitions to destabilize the Republican Party (yes Mike, I'm watching you http://subsidiaritytimes.com/2013/04/16/gop-c...
Seriously

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Promotion wrote:
GIVE THAT FF A PROMOTION AND LET HIM HELP OUR FD!! What is the name of the FF? Does anyone know? He should get a medal or some sort of acclimation from the trustees in PUBLIC session so that everyone knows it is the FFs themselves helping the FD...not the trustees or fiscal officer, who are the ones who should be doing
<quoted text>
I have done some research and come up with a few hard facts as well as some very viable leads. I researched back through multiple issues of the Delaware Gazette, the Olentangy Valley News as well as Columbus news stations video and I found some very interesting information. As I mentioned before, that I verified who this gentleman is by picture and name, as the same person who wrote these grants. His name is Mickey Smith and he has been employed by Liberty township since early 2003.
If I am reading this information that I got from the township correctly it looks like he is responsible for finding alot more money than I originally thought. Below is a list that copied from the townships records.

2008 - Grant recieved for $102,583 - Paid for two new cardiac monitors for each of the medic trucks, provided funding for 7 AED units that were placed on every other emergency vehicle and staff car.$10,000 of that money was for EMS training, and the rest was used to buy a new air compressor to fill up the air tanks the firefighters wear into burning buildings.

2009 - Grant recieved for $518,602. This paid for the Opti-com (sp?) traffic light preemption system. The records show that it reduced response time by over 4 minutes to most areas of the township.

2009 -$154,900 Grant recieved for complete NFPA physical for all of the employees (Does anyone know what this means ?) It also paid for brand new work out equipment for both fire stations.
2010 -$106,425 Grant recieved to replace every set of fire gear for the entire department. Which after I did some further digging I found that this gear actually degrades and becomes less protective over time and is supposed to be replaced every 10 years. Our LTFD firemen were wearing gear that was anywhere from 12-15 years old! Talk about an unacceptable risk!

2010 -$9,826 Grant recieved to buy color coded pediatric emergency response bags and thermometers. There was a side note that said we were the only department to have this nationally standardized equipment. Can somebody help me with that?

2011 -$18,780 Grant received to purchase all new fire hose for every fire truck in the fleet. Which by the way also has a 10 year useful life before needing to be discarded. I talked to the fire chief (by the way where did we get this ignoramous from anyway?) he said that the old firehose in some cases were 30 pluse years old! Huge liability if you ask me!

2011 -$65,472 Grant recieved to replace aged and or broken rescue tools, air bags and cribbing.(Does anyone know what that stuff is used for?)

Total to date the because of firefighter Smiths efforts the township has recieved a total of $976,048 in grant money.

My question is this... Why didn't Melanie and all of her Code Pink supporters acknowledge all of this hard work and cost cutting done by receiving these grants? Why did they continuously break the fire departments back in the public light when it simply wasn't true? Why was the public never made aware of this information by the fire chief or the trustees? Why did the fire chief do nothing more than sit on his ass like a whipped pup at the trustee meetings rather than get up and defend his men?
Alot of things that need to change not only Melanie but also the Chief needs to be FIRED!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,101 - 1,120 of1,509
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Delaware Discussions

Search the Delaware Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 min xxxrayted 28,998
New Library Director 54 min Simone 10
amanda hurst 1 hr zena 1
boycott plain city steam threshers show (Jul '13) 18 hr hitDUHrodeJACK 67
Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sun NSA 229
mpl Jul 19 HSM 5
Who is mplcs? (Dec '12) Jul 19 passthepopcorn 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Delaware Jobs

•••