Melanie Leneghan Incoming Liberty Twp...
Goes to show

Centerburg, OH

#850 Feb 26, 2013
It is more than that wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't pass the buck on that. He blames Leneghan and his neighbors for the failure of the November levy and the flat levy that was passed in February. At what point does the township's FISCAL OFFICER take any of the blame? IT IS GERBER'S FAULT FOR NOT CAMPAIGNING IN HIS OWN NEIGHBORHOOD IN NOVEMBER AND SUBMITTING A FLAT LEVY IN FEBRUARY!!!
And while we're at it, why does he keep defending the November levy? IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE. IT FAILED. IT IS OVER!
Goes to show how your "facts" are wrong. Leneghan and Guzzo are the ones who came to the table with a 5.6 mill number after the first failure, not Mark. Gerber did not submit a "flat" number, he submitted 6.6 mill in November, the amount needed to properly fund the fire department for the next 5 years. She said all along that 5.6 mill is the same as a renewal, which it is. So now the township will begin to explode with growth again (over 300 apartments behind LA Fitness, 2 new residential developements and a Target)and the fire department is being forced to operate the next 6 years on the same money it had in 2002. With all that growth, everyones tax bills would have dropped to $175 per $100k within a year or two anyway. So now the tax payers are at $0 savings and a severly damaged and understaffed FD.
She is so delusional that she thought they could do this without letting any firefighters go. Had Sybert and Carducci not done her dirty work for her and let some go first of the year, there would of been even more let go this month before they could get their loan money.
The Affluent Dr Gerber

Tempe, AZ

#851 Feb 26, 2013
Dear Dr. Gerber -affluent doesn't mean you spend frivolously giving out 6% plus raises over 4 years , buy the latest gadgets, or have the newest vehicles. In these economic times a fiscal officer worth his salt would put together a zero based budget rather than just adjusting upward by x percent what was spent in previous years. In these times it would be nice if the Liberty Township Fire/EMS would actually spend LESS in 2013 than for the 2012. So get to work and GET IT DONE DR. Gerber
Melanie must go

Delaware, OH

#852 Feb 26, 2013
The real problem here is that Leneghan, Guzzo, and the Friends of Liberty Twp. only tell you one side of the story. There is always two sides.

Let's just briefly touch on FF raises. Yes, they get 6% raises for the 4 years of the contract. Also, and this is the part they leave out, the firefighters are assuming more healthcare costs, PERS (retirement) and other benefit costs of 5% in each of these years. Their salary increase that actually hits the bottom line is 1%, not 6%. Big difference. But the Leneghan/Guzzo wackadoodles leave that out.

This is a prime example of why they are so dangerous. They talk a good story. But that's the problem, it is a story. They don't tell you everything you need to know to make an informed decision.
FF EMS Country Club

Tempe, AZ

#853 Feb 27, 2013
No wonder voters are starting to resent the benefits that they are paying the Liberty Township FF EMS personnel. Think about this the average Liberty Township FF gets combined time off vacation sick, etc of 11 weeks per year. Then they get average raises over four years exceeding 6% per year and while they may be paying more for health and pension that should have been part of the "savings" for the township. But NO Carduccian, Sybort and Dr. Baby gave excessive raises to make sure the firefighters did not have a lower take home amount and in fact a higher take home pay over the next four years. While at the same time with the 6% plus annual raises the township ends up paying more in pension benefits. Talk smoke and mirrors and being taken to the cleaners, but do you expect when two lawyers and an academic fiscal officer who are sympathetic to the union are in power.
We still pay it

West Portsmouth, OH

#854 Feb 27, 2013
Melanie must go wrote:
The real problem here is that Leneghan, Guzzo, and the Friends of Liberty Twp. only tell you one side of the story. There is always two sides.
Let's just briefly touch on FF raises. Yes, they get 6% raises for the 4 years of the contract. Also, and this is the part they leave out, the firefighters are assuming more healthcare costs, PERS (retirement) and other benefit costs of 5% in each of these years. Their salary increase that actually hits the bottom line is 1%, not 6%. Big difference. But the Leneghan/Guzzo wackadoodles leave that out.
This is a prime example of why they are so dangerous. They talk a good story. But that's the problem, it is a story. They don't tell you everything you need to know to make an informed decision.
The taxpayers, not the FFs, are paying for the new, higher contributions the FF are "supposed" to make for health insurance, PERS and other benfit costs because Sybert and Carducci gave them a big enough raise to cover the increase! And according to you, not only are WE paying for their "increased" share, they are still taking home more money.

The township may want the residents to think we are paying less for the FFs health insurance, PERS, etc., but we are still paying it through their salary increases...and they even have money to spare! Plus 11 weeks of paid vacation.

Now you have everything to make an informed decision!
Melanie must go

Delaware, OH

#855 Feb 27, 2013
We still pay it wrote:
<quoted text>
The taxpayers, not the FFs, are paying for the new, higher contributions the FF are "supposed" to make for health insurance, PERS and other benfit costs because Sybert and Carducci gave them a big enough raise to cover the increase! And according to you, not only are WE paying for their "increased" share, they are still taking home more money.
The township may want the residents to think we are paying less for the FFs health insurance, PERS, etc., but we are still paying it through their salary increases...and they even have money to spare! Plus 11 weeks of paid vacation.
Now you have everything to make an informed decision!
It is pretty clear you have an axe to grind with the FF. Maybe you think they are overpaid, or whatever it doesn't matter. What you clearly don't understand is that they are union, and they have the SERB (State Employment Relations Board) on their side for mediation. Whether it is good or not, that's the way it is.

If you think you can de-certify the FF union, you are delusional. There is only so much the trustees can do. Public employees are not like private enterprise employees. Clearly, you don't get that.

Don't like the way it is? Don't like the way things are handled? Exercise your rights and MOVE. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, that would be my option. You will find that the way things are handled here is pretty much the norm. It is you that has the problem.
Wrong Again

West Portsmouth, OH

#856 Feb 27, 2013
I have never written ONE WORD about de-certifying the unio, mainly because I don't believe in it. You made that up all on your own.

I have NO axe to grind with the FFs. I love the FFs and think they do a great job. I happen to be one of the few conservative Repubilcans that think ALL first responders should be unionized. Otherwise, we'd end up with a bunch of police, FFs, EMS, etc. that have been on the job two years when what need are experinced personnel responding to critical situations. Liberty township is lucky enough to have so many FFs with more than a decade of experince. They all deserve the stability and security that being in a union provides as they continue to serve the public. The failure of state issue 2, aka senate bill 5, was due to the overreaching by the governor for including first responders. So there you have it.

My issue is with the trustees and the fiscal officer. They can't seem to get it right. First, they asked for too much money. Then, they didn't ask for enough. But I'm also sick of reading posts by dumbasses like you who make it seem like the FFs got their pay cut in half and are only allowed to eat bread and drink water. Their contributions may have gone up, but so did their salaries, by more than their increased costs. That's true. They get, on average, 11 weeks of paid vacation. That's true. The taxpayers foot the bill for all of it. That's also true. None of what I wrote is anti-FFs. They are just facts.

Stop blamimg Melanie Leneghan for everything that transpired with the levies. Carducci and Sybert knew better...they are both political. Gerber just doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't like the way things have been handled and will show it at the ballot box come election day. I am not unhappy at all. I have a fantastic life! The way things are handled here is not the norm. This is total and complete BS. And if everyone disappointed with the way things run in Liberty township moved away, you wouldn't have to worry so much about the fire department...no one would live here. Unfortunately for you, we all just go on with our amazing, pamapered, spoiled lives sitting in our huge, expensive homes counting our money.
flesruoykcufog

Lancaster, OH

#857 Feb 27, 2013
Wrong Again wrote:
I have never written ONE WORD about de-certifying the unio, mainly because I don't believe in it. You made that up all on your own.

I have NO axe to grind with the FFs. I love the FFs and think they do a great job. I happen to be one of the few conservative Repubilcans that think ALL first responders should be unionized. Otherwise, we'd end up with a bunch of police, FFs, EMS, etc. that have been on the job two years when what need are experinced personnel responding to critical situations. Liberty township is lucky enough to have so many FFs with more than a decade of experince. They all deserve the stability and security that being in a union provides as they continue to serve the public. The failure of state issue 2, aka senate bill 5, was due to the overreaching by the governor for including first responders. So there you have it.

My issue is with the trustees and the fiscal officer. They can't seem to get it right. First, they asked for too much money. Then, they didn't ask for enough. But I'm also sick of reading posts by dumbasses like you who make it seem like the FFs got their pay cut in half and are only allowed to eat bread and drink water. Their contributions may have gone up, but so did their salaries, by more than their increased costs. That's true. They get, on average, 11 weeks of paid vacation. That's true. The taxpayers foot the bill for all of it. That's also true. None of what I wrote is anti-FFs. They are just facts.

Stop blamimg Melanie Leneghan for everything that transpired with the levies. Carducci and Sybert knew better...they are both political. Gerber just doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't like the way things have been handled and will show it at the ballot box come election day. I am not unhappy at all. I have a fantastic life! The way things are handled here is not the norm. This is total and complete BS. And if everyone disappointed with the way things run in Liberty township moved away, you wouldn't have to worry so much about the fire department...no one would live here. Unfortunately for you, we all just go on with our amazing, pamapered, spoiled lives sitting in our huge, expensive homes counting our money.
11 weeks paid vacation?
You are clearly the dumbAss.
Gabehcuod

West Portsmouth, OH

#858 Feb 27, 2013
flesruoykcufog wrote:
<quoted text>
11 weeks paid vacation?
You are clearly the dumbAss.
11 weeks of paid "time off". Look it up. It's public record.
flesruoykcufog

Lancaster, OH

#859 Feb 28, 2013
Gabehcuod wrote:
<quoted text>11 weeks of paid "time off". Look it up. It's public record.
Well douche bag. their time off is in hours and I'm sure your using their hours in your time 1 day off to you is 8 hours when in the fire department hours 1 day off is 24 hours. So your 2/3 wrong in all that you spew out of your hole.
Melanie must go

Delaware, OH

#860 Feb 28, 2013
The Leneghan Guzzo Posse may not always be right, but they are never uncertain.

It is not possible to have a decent conversation with them, they are right, and the rest of the world has it wrong.

Apparently, in their world, Sybert, Carducci, and Gerber can do no right.

Nobody is that bad. While the posse may have some obscure point, they have to shout down the opposition. That's why there was a deputy sheriff at the last meeting to keep order. He wasn't there at Melanie's request.

It is unfortunate things have deteriorated to this point. They also seem to have a problem with majority rule.
yup

Bronx, NY

#861 Feb 28, 2013
Wrong Again wrote:
"Unfortunately for you, we all just go on with our amazing, pamapered, spoiled lives sitting in our huge, expensive homes counting our money."

Well you are right about that....

"New Albany is the second-richest community in Ohio, according to a new ranking, with Powell and Dublin just outside the top 10.....Coming in at No. 11 was Powell, with 36 percent of households pulling in at least $150,000. And Dublin was ranked 13th in Ohio, with 35 percent exceeding the mark. No other Central Ohio community made the top 20."

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011...
Why Guzzo

West Portsmouth, OH

#862 Feb 28, 2013
Goes to show wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to show how your "facts" are wrong. Leneghan and Guzzo are the ones who came to the table with a 5.6 mill number after the first failure, not Mark. Gerber did not submit a "flat" number, he submitted 6.6 mill in November, the amount needed to properly fund the fire department for the next 5 years. She said all along that 5.6 mill is the same as a renewal, which it is. So now the township will begin to explode with growth again (over 300 apartments behind LA Fitness, 2 new residential developements and a Target)and the fire department is being forced to operate the next 6 years on the same money it had in 2002. With all that growth, everyones tax bills would have dropped to $175 per $100k within a year or two anyway. So now the tax payers are at $0 savings and a severly damaged and understaffed FD.
She is so delusional that she thought they could do this without letting any firefighters go. Had Sybert and Carducci not done her dirty work for her and let some go first of the year, there would of been even more let go this month before they could get their loan money.
Guzzo doesn't have a seat at the table. Only Carducci, Sybert Leneghan do. Gerber is the allegedly the numbers guy, so you would think he had at least some part presenting the 5.6 mill levy, right? That new figure, 5.6 mills, passed by a unanimous vote. They are ALL guilty of shorting our fire department, and with that, shorting the residents and taxpayers out of the services we need. We would have paid a little more for capital improvements. Not sure that a second levy, as suggested by Gerber, will pass. Too much has gone on for the voters to have any faith in the trustees anymore.
Gabehcuod

West Portsmouth, OH

#863 Feb 28, 2013
flesruoykcufog wrote:
<quoted text>
Well douche bag. their time off is in hours and I'm sure your using their hours in your time 1 day off to you is 8 hours when in the fire department hours 1 day off is 24 hours. So your 2/3 wrong in all that you spew out of your hole.
Well, go f**k yourself, like I wrote...GO LOOK IT UP. IT'S A PUBLIC RECORD.
Melanie must stay

West Portsmouth, OH

#864 Feb 28, 2013
Melanie must go wrote:
The Leneghan Guzzo Posse may not always be right, but they are never uncertain.
It is not possible to have a decent conversation with them, they are right, and the rest of the world has it wrong.
Apparently, in their world, Sybert, Carducci, and Gerber can do no right.
Nobody is that bad. While the posse may have some obscure point, they have to shout down the opposition. That's why there was a deputy sheriff at the last meeting to keep order. He wasn't there at Melanie's request.
It is unfortunate things have deteriorated to this point. They also seem to have a problem with majority rule.
I am not part of any Leneghan Guzzo Posse. And it is possible to have a decent conversation with me. No one ever said the rest of the world has it wrong. Plus, the rest of the world doesn't matter. This was a township issue.

I don't have a problem with majority rule. The majority won in November, remember? It was the majority of trustees who were wrong, so says the majority of voters, which is the only majority that counts in this situation. Just because two people agree on something doesn't mean everyone has to agree with them. And we didn't! But that doesn't mean the majority all support Melanie, either, even though I personally do. We can think for ourselves. It was a financial decision. Not pro or anti fire department.

I have no earthly idea why a deputy sheriff was at the last meeting. What would a deputy do to keep order? Arrest people for talking? Was Sybert planning on ejecting people from the meeting, therefore quashing their right to speak, and needed law enforcement there to back him up? I can't think of one reason for a deputy to be at that meeting. If you know, please fill us all in.
Truth Teller

Bucyrus, OH

#865 Feb 28, 2013
Why Guzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guzzo doesn't have a seat at the table. Only Carducci, Sybert Leneghan do. Gerber is the allegedly the numbers guy, so you would think he had at least some part presenting the 5.6 mill levy, right? That new figure, 5.6 mills, passed by a unanimous vote. They are ALL guilty of shorting our fire department, and with that, shorting the residents and taxpayers out of the services we need. We would have paid a little more for capital improvements. Not sure that a second levy, as suggested by Gerber, will pass. Too much has gone on for the voters to have any faith in the trustees anymore.
The vote was 2 to 0. Carrducci was in court.Leneghan controlled the situation. It was 5.6 or not on the ballot.

A FF with 11-15 years gets FOUR weeks of vacation. READ the contract on the township Web site. Bottom of the home page-IAFF Local 3754.
Resident

Portsmouth, OH

#866 Feb 28, 2013
I am sick and tired of all this. The voters passed this levy just to keep a fire department. The CORRECT information was given out and the people spoke. There is now the remanance of a once great emergency service and fire department. The amount of the tax bill that gors to this protection is a small portion of what we pay. Get her out as soon as possible and don't let Guzzo in. Look at all the trouble she caused in Powell ! I moved here because it was suppose to be a great place to live and now we have a power hungry trustee and ego meniacs trying to destroy a very crucial service in our community. If you are so hell bent on cutting taxes go to DC and you'll have your hands full. Leave Liberty Township alone.
Learn something

West Portsmouth, OH

#867 Mar 1, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote was 2 to 0. Carrducci was in court.Leneghan controlled the situation. It was 5.6 or not on the ballot.
A FF with 11-15 years gets FOUR weeks of vacation. READ the contract on the township Web site. Bottom of the home page-IAFF Local 3754.
To you and go f**k yourself...4 weeks is only vacation time, which translates to 224 hours off. They get 10 paid holidays at 12 hour each, or another 120 hours off. They accrue sick time at 12 hours per pay period, and with 26 pay periods that's another 312 hours off, which also may be carried over. A 56 hour per week employee equals 2912 hours per year. They get 656 hours off per year. To modify that into weeks, multiply 656 x 52, then divide by 2912. It comes to 11.7. That's where the figure of 11 weeks off comes from. And it's actually more than 11 weeks. And it comes straight out of their contract, which you apparently did not read.
Shocked

West Portsmouth, OH

#868 Mar 2, 2013
Learn something wrote:
<quoted text>
To you and go f**k yourself...4 weeks is only vacation time, which translates to 224 hours off. They get 10 paid holidays at 12 hour each, or another 120 hours off. They accrue sick time at 12 hours per pay period, and with 26 pay periods that's another 312 hours off, which also may be carried over. A 56 hour per week employee equals 2912 hours per year. They get 656 hours off per year. To modify that into weeks, multiply 656 x 52, then divide by 2912. It comes to 11.7. That's where the figure of 11 weeks off comes from. And it's actually more than 11 weeks. And it comes straight out of their contract, which you apparently did not read.
I am surprised to find out how much time the ffs get off with pay and that their sick time is able to be carried over from year to year. Is that true because a carry over means the township has to carry over all of that paid time each year in the budget if it doesn't get used. I did the math myself based on the numbers above and it turns out that a ff who gets 4 weeks of vacation with all of the other paid time off they get is just 72 hours shy of 3 full months off with pay per year. Is all this really true? IS that the norm for ffs? How come this was never mentioned in any of the levy literature? It sounds like they only work have to work about 9 out of 12 months per year. Is that real? I couldn't download the contract. It kept not loading when I treid to pull it up. That kind of makes me think the contract link is broken on purpose. The township needs to fix it.
you must go, please go!!

Westerville, OH

#869 Mar 3, 2013
You must go wrote:
<quoted text>That's your comeback? Wow. Pretty weak. How am I delusional? I'm sure I know much more about this subject then you do. And it usually only comes down to insults when you can't refute what the other person wrote. And you can't refute it because it is all true.

I'm not a part of the Leneghan crew. Just a resident who happens to agree with her. Do you even know Sybert, Carducci and Gerber? It pains me to trust them with one damn dime of my money. You probably aren't even aware of how incestuous those three are with each other, and even more so when Bob Mann was in the mix. They aren't looking out for the public, they are watching each others' back. Not exactly the leadership we wanted or deserve.

If you had any sort of retort to what was written, you would write it. But you can't, so you stoop to ridiculous comments about pills and delusions.(And shame on you for the people who really do need that type of care. That is nothing to be made fun of.)

Here are the indisputable FACTS:

Melanie ran a great campaign and beat Bob Mann for trustee.

Melanie ran a great campaign and beat Mary Carducci for central committee.

Melanie shared her vote no POV with public about Nov levy, and it failed, even thought she was challenged by an enormous group of people including Gerber, Sybert, Carducci, Anderson, the fire chief and the entire fire department.

Melanie was in favor of the Feb levy and told everyone to vote yes, and it passed. There was no huge door-to-door effort to pass it, either...at least none that I was aware of. They only had a FB page, a website and their old yard signs from Nov.

The FFs contract, which is the largest expense to the FD, was negotiated with Sybert, Mann and Carducci in 2011, the year before Leneghan took office. They had no idea how they were going to pay for it except to raise taxes. Aren't they supposed to care about the residents more than the fire department? Sybert said they waited so long for the levy because he couldn't get a second on his motion in 2011.(He never made a motion) Why the change of heart, Carducci? Because your law partner was on the ballot in 2011 and you didn't want a huge tax increase at the same time your partner was on the ballot?

Sybert and Carducci lied about having to BY LAW extend the FFs contract by one year, yet even when the County Prosecutor's office told them they did NOT have to extend the contract, they did it anyway, adding another year of a 6% raise for the FFs. Sybert and Carducci are LAWYERS yet don't know the law...or how to look one up. Then they disregarded the advice of counsel.

Sybert and Carducci paid Craig Paynter to review the law with the Prosecutor's office. So even when the township has free legal counsel as provided BY LAW, they still paid another lawyer to go over it. MORE WASTEFUL SPENDING!

So who is really looking out for us, the voters and the taxpayers? Not Gerber, Sybert and Carducci. No one can say that Leneghan isn't looking out for the public. She is. She brought up that the township should bill insurance companies for EMS reimbursement. Mine would pay and I'm sure others would as well. I would imagine that almost everyone in Liberty Township has health insurance. If the EMS run is covered, bill the insurance company. That is what we all pay a ton of money for our insurance companies to do. If it turns out it is not covered, or will lead to some hardship for the family due to high deductibles, then don't collect on the charge. One would assume nothing is off the table here. Let's see if they get it going. Put the Fiscal Officer in charge of it. What the hell else does he have to do?
This has to be Melanie, guzzo, or one of the two with their hand up someone playing puppeteer! Just admit it you are wrong and you lie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roaches @ J. Gumbo's 7 hr Diary of Jane 3
Speeders in the ville (Feb '17) Aug 14 beth 5
Applebees Aug 13 S Thompson 1
HAM associate survey (Oct '16) Aug 10 Lindz 4
News Refill app lets users buy drinks with tap of ph... Aug 6 Mud, James Mud 1
Michael James White (Aug '16) Aug 1 Smiling 3
Kevin Behrens Almost Sued By Sheriff's Dept Aug 1 Snortest 2

Delaware Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance