Sheriff of Delaware County
Who will it be

Columbus, OH

#1668 Jul 12, 2010
Only names I've heard is Ron Kuzmaul, Jim Rose and Bob Johnson to run for Sheriff. But I have yet to hear if any are serious about it or if it is just rumor?
Ive Heard

Delaware, OH

#1669 Jul 12, 2010
Jim Ward wants to throw his law enforcement hat back in the ring. ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Grow up

Centerburg, OH

#1670 Jul 12, 2010
Nobody will beat Sheriff Davis...he's an awesome sheriff.
911 Levy

Powell, OH

#1671 Jul 15, 2010
Delaware city consolidated with the 911 center - why doesn't the sheriff do so? His dispatchers, which the taxpayers are paying for, sit across from the 911 dispatchers. How much money would the county save? Maybe enough for deputies in Liberty township???
really

Columbus, OH

#1672 Jul 16, 2010
Grow up wrote:
Nobody will beat Sheriff Davis...he's an awesome sheriff.
You must not be a county resident? I'm not sure how you would come up with that opinion? The guy has done nothing since in office? Except have his name tossed in many rumors about numerous sexual affairs?
Getta Grip

Delaware, OH

#1673 Jul 16, 2010
Davis has done a fine job, it is just the vocal minority who are deluded to think their opinion is the majority. They are leading a fairy tale parade to nowhere land. Davis will get re-elected, and will continue to do a fine job.
Good looking

Westerville, OH

#1674 Jul 16, 2010
When you're good looking...people talk....you become a target because of jealousy. Pull your trousers up sloppy and tighten that gig line.
Concerned Citizen

Ashburn, VA

#1675 Jul 16, 2010
I heard Cindy Dinovo, Clerk of Delaware Municipal Court, hired Alli Solove who was, or is, one of Magnum's many female 'friends'. He consoles so many women I hear, that I wonder if he sleeps with one eye open at night from fear their husbands may retaliate. He gets caught 'with his pants down' but has no shame. What a joke.
Tru Dat

Delaware, OH

#1676 Jul 16, 2010
Getta Grip wrote:
Davis has done a fine job, it is just the vocal minority who are deluded to think their opinion is the majority. They are leading a fairy tale parade to nowhere land. Davis will get re-elected, and will continue to do a fine job.
He is a good guy. Just a bunch of jealous haters making up stories. Good ole Delatucky WT.
If all else fails

Dallas, TX

#1677 Jul 17, 2010
If all else fails...f ck
Two Cents

Delaware, OH

#1678 Jul 21, 2010
Who will it be wrote:
Only names I've heard is Ron Kuzmaul, Jim Rose and Bob Johnson to run for Sheriff. But I have yet to hear if any are serious about it or if it is just rumor?
There are reports that Bob Johnson has accepted a job in Florida and is moving...and that Kuszmaul retired from the State Patrol to run for Sheriff.

Since: Apr 08

Delaware, Oh

#1679 Jul 25, 2010
911 Levy wrote:
Delaware city consolidated with the 911 center - why doesn't the sheriff do so? His dispatchers, which the taxpayers are paying for, sit across from the 911 dispatchers. How much money would the county save? Maybe enough for deputies in Liberty township???
The city and county was a necessity based upon how the funding was set up. This, from my understanding, has been a good consolidation. However, the sheriff wants to be in charge of everything related to the office. If he were to consolidate the dispatcher with everyone else, he would not be able to do as he wants with them. He is completely clueless when it comes to how dispatching is supposed to go but would never give them up b/c that is giving up more power.

In response to all the other possibles to run, I can only say I hope someone is working on it. This man is a disgrace to the Sheriff's office and treats his employees horribly. Looking through all of the posts, I can tell you I did hear about him saying a person wouldn't be fired, they would quit first. Should employees be miserable going into such a high pressure job everyday? I could care less about a person's hair as long as they can do a good job in protecting the county. It's time he move along and let the Sheriff's office get back to an office the citizens can believe in.
Aunt Bea

United States

#1680 Jul 30, 2010
Delaware County Mounties fear the cellphone. Did you see the Dispatch story about Wally Davis the Third's sooper-troopers jacking phones from little girls at the FlyinJ what abunch of cartoon coppers.
delaware

Dubois, IN

#1681 Jul 30, 2010
Deputy confiscates woman's cell phone
Delaware County sergeant suspected device could be gun
Thursday, July 29, 2010 09:50 PM
By Randy Ludlow
When a deputy sheriff began questioning Melissa Greenfield's boyfriend at a Delaware County truck stop, she began recording video with her cell phone.
She never thought that she, or her phone, could be viewed as a danger while she documented the activities of public employees in a public place.
"I'm a 115-pound, 20-year-old girl wearing a cervical collar with nothing but a cell phone. I was not going to harm any officer," Greenfield said today.
However, a sheriff's sergeant saw the situation differently after Greenfield announced she was recording video "for legal purposes and our own safety."
Sgt. Jonathan Burke wrote that he repeatedly ordered Greenfield to place the "unknown" object in her pocket and keep her hands free. When Greenfield refused, she was arrested and charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest.
Burke wrote in his report that he feared that Greenfield could have been holding a dangerous object such as a "cell-phone gun."
However, neither the sheriff's office nor the Columbus office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has ever come across one of the black-market devices that apparently are made in Eastern Europe.
Burke ultimately determined that Greenfield's cell phone was not the exotic stuff of James Bond but a simple T-Mobile device.
In a statement, Delaware County Sheriff Walter L. Davis III said that cell-phone guns are an example of everyday items that have been altered into deceptive weapons that endanger the safety of officers and the public.
"When a sheriff's deputy encounters an individual holding something in his or her hand, the deputy will take action to identify the item. This is done for the safety of the deputy, the involved parties and the public," Davis wrote.
After Greenfield got her phone back, she said the video she took of the deputies at the Flying J truck stop at I-71 and Rt. 37 on July 9 had been deleted, along with a couple of vacation videos.
Deputies did not delete any video, Davis said. A warrant would have been required to search the phone, and one was not obtained, he said.
The sheriff's cruisers are not equipped with dashboard recording systems, so there is no public video to document what occurred. However, after landing a grant, more than 30 cruisers soon will have cameras.
In Delaware Municipal Court on July 13, Greenfield's public defender deemed it "ridiculous" that she had a cell-phone gun. The woman from Poway, Calif., pleaded no contest to obstructing official business. She was fined $20 and released with time served - three days in jail. The resisting-arrest charge was dropped.
Greenfield said her plea was one of convenience to allow her to return home to receive treatment for her neck, which had been injured in a car wreck a few days earlier.
She and her boyfriend were driving back to California when their truck ran low on gasoline and they pulled into the truck stop. Colton Dorich, 19, of Conover, Wis., began walking his dog along Rt. 37 while displaying a sign asking passing motorists for money, triggering a call to the sheriff's office.
Burke arrived, questioned Dorich and then accompanied him back to his truck so he could get his ID. Burke wrote that Greenfield began to intervene and asked Dorich, who was not charged, for her cell phone.
"Not knowing what the item in her hand was and having prior knowledge of all types of hidden weapons, including a cell-phone gun, I asked her several times to place it in her pocket and to keep her hands free," Burke wrote.
Greenfield said that, while driving her to the jail, Burke said that it was "unacceptable for me to be filming his activities."
"I wish I could be surprised," she said, "but I've heard so many stories of incidents like this happening before.... There's no law against videotaping police encounters."
[email protected]
delaware

Dubois, IN

#1682 Jul 30, 2010
Delaware County sergeant suspected device could be gun
Thursday, July 29, 2010 09:50 PM
By Randy Ludlow
When a deputy sheriff began questioning Melissa Greenfield's boyfriend at a Delaware County truck stop, she began recording video with her cell phone.
She never thought that she, or her phone, could be viewed as a danger while she documented the activities of public employees in a public place.
"I'm a 115-pound, 20-year-old girl wearing a cervical collar with nothing but a cell phone. I was not going to harm any officer," Greenfield said today.
However, a sheriff's sergeant saw the situation differently after Greenfield announced she was recording video "for legal purposes and our own safety."
Sgt. Jonathan Burke wrote that he repeatedly ordered Greenfield to place the "unknown" object in her pocket and keep her hands free. When Greenfield refused, she was arrested and charged with obstructing official business and resisting arrest.
Burke wrote in his report that he feared that Greenfield could have been holding a dangerous object such as a "cell-phone gun."
However, neither the sheriff's office nor the Columbus office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has ever come across one of the black-market devices that apparently are made in Eastern Europe.
Burke ultimately determined that Greenfield's cell phone was not the exotic stuff of James Bond but a simple T-Mobile device.
In a statement, Delaware County Sheriff Walter L. Davis III said that cell-phone guns are an example of everyday items that have been altered into deceptive weapons that endanger the safety of officers and the public.
"When a sheriff's deputy encounters an individual holding something in his or her hand, the deputy will take action to identify the item. This is done for the safety of the deputy, the involved parties and the public," Davis wrote.
After Greenfield got her phone back, she said the video she took of the deputies at the Flying J truck stop at I-71 and Rt. 37 on July 9 had been deleted, along with a couple of vacation videos.
Deputies did not delete any video, Davis said. A warrant would have been required to search the phone, and one was not obtained, he said.
The sheriff's cruisers are not equipped with dashboard recording systems, so there is no public video to document what occurred. However, after landing a grant, more than 30 cruisers soon will have cameras.
In Delaware Municipal Court on July 13, Greenfield's public defender deemed it "ridiculous" that she had a cell-phone gun. The woman from Poway, Calif., pleaded no contest to obstructing official business. She was fined $20 and released with time served - three days in jail. The resisting-arrest charge was dropped.
Greenfield said her plea was one of convenience to allow her to return home to receive treatment for her neck, which had been injured in a car wreck a few days earlier.
She and her boyfriend were driving back to California when their truck ran low on gasoline and they pulled into the truck stop. Colton Dorich, 19, of Conover, Wis., began walking his dog along Rt. 37 while displaying a sign asking passing motorists for money, triggering a call to the sheriff's office.
Burke arrived, questioned Dorich and then accompanied him back to his truck so he could get his ID. Burke wrote that Greenfield began to intervene and asked Dorich, who was not charged, for her cell phone.
"Not knowing what the item in her hand was and having prior knowledge of all types of hidden weapons, including a cell-phone gun, I asked her several times to place it in her pocket and to keep her hands free," Burke wrote.
Greenfield said that, while driving her to the jail, Burke said that it was "unacceptable for me to be filming his activities."
"I wish I could be surprised," she said, "but I've heard so many stories of incidents like this happening before.... There's no law against videotaping police encounters."
[email protected]
Mrs Andy Griffith

Delaware, OH

#1683 Jul 31, 2010
Aunt Bea wrote:
Delaware County Mounties fear the cellphone. Did you see the Dispatch story about Wally Davis the Third's sooper-troopers jacking phones from little girls at the FlyinJ what abunch of cartoon coppers.
This is the first time, and probably the only time, I would agree with our sheriff. First off, why did the girl feel the need to video "for her own safety" if she or her boyfriend weren't doing anything wrong? Second, these officers never know who is going to try to harm them with all the crazy people in the world. They have to take every precaution to keep themselves, as well as the citizens in the area, safe. There was an OSP trooper killed in Ashland a few years back when he approaced a vehicle. The man in the car shot the trooper as the subject opened his car door. You never know who is going to do what. Luckily the cell phone turned out to be just a cell phone, but he had to take precautions not knowing for sure that it wasn't a cell phone gun. If she had complied with the office's order, and just put it in her pocket, there would have been no charges. I get so tired of idiots complaining about "police brutality", when if they would just comply with an order, there would not have to be any trouble. It's people like you who have no respect for the law, that are the reason these guys still have jobs. My husband spent 31 years in law enforcement, and I thank God that he was able to come home safe every day and night that he worked. Try putting yourself in the officer's shoes for once and stop complaining about what they do to keep YOU and everyone else safe. If you treated eveyone like they weren't dangerous, like the trooper in Ashland did, then that's how you get yourself killed. You can't take those chances just to make eveybody happy. Sometimes you have to make the unpopular choice for the safety of all involved. So unless you have some constructive critcisim to share about police officers, shut your mouth!!!!!
Law

Chicago, IL

#1684 Jul 31, 2010
The deputy broke the law and the Sheriff covered for him.
Aunt Bea

Houston, TX

#1685 Jul 31, 2010
Name just one time and place where a cop or anyone was hurt or killed by a cell phone gun anywhere in the USA. What a crock-o-shit that is. All you have is deputy dawg bustin balls because he has a badge, a gun, a beer gut, a donut stains on his shirt.

Must have been looking for Delaware's cell phone crim Jim Boss Hog Ward. Or like Wally looking fo love in the wrong place
Mrs Andy Griffith

Delaware, OH

#1686 Jul 31, 2010
Law wrote:
The deputy broke the law and the Sheriff covered for him.
Tell me just how the deputy broke the law. And to Aunt Bea, you are a total moron. You obviously didn't understand anything I said in my previous post. It doesn't have to have happened in the US previously. There is a first time for everything, and when it does happen here, the police should be prepared for it for their own safety. But idiots like you don't understand and never will. Again I say, the police still have jobs because of people like you.
Opie

United States

#1687 Aug 1, 2010
Here's some Top Secret stuff Wally DIII is equipping all deputy dawgs with new rocket cruisers. They are perfect for getting out of tight situations lik cellphone gun battles or GOP skank encounters.

The rocket cruiser resembles a large, ginormous, bottle rocket. The technique requires lots of lubrication before the donut-eaters insert them up their butts. The delaware GOP is looking for a helping hand for the deputy dawgs. Lighting after a burrito lunch is considered hazardous duty.

With the bottle rocket cruiser equipped deputy dawgs Sheriff Wally D III expects to gain the edge over the BossHogs and all the scary cell phones including cell phone nukes and WMD's and those that teenage bimbos use to sext their gangs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Behren's vs. Bret Michael's Manager Tue inhisdreams 3
Brian Flowers- The Innocent Project (Mar '12) Tue Dmw50 23
What happened to the Marysville Goodwill store? (Jan '11) Mon Kala 15
Patti adkins Jul 24 Iwantpattifound 6
Marysville Hookers? (Apr '09) Jul 22 Beloved1976 25
these people of marysville/union co Jul 11 Good news 2
lol (Dec '15) Jul 11 Cooter 3

Delaware Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance