Kasich Right: Idiot Cops Found In Rep...

Kasich Right: Idiot Cops Found In Republiklan Delaware

Posted in the Delaware Forum

Kasich Was Right

Montréal, Canada

#1 Sep 1, 2012
See the Video:
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/08/3...

Here’s the article from the Dispatch:
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

On video, deputies, trooper discuss man
By Ally Marotti
The Columbus Dispatch Saturday September 1, 2012 6:15 AM

Two Delaware County deputies left an intoxicated Mexican man who knew little English at a Taco Bell restaurant because “they gotta have someone in there who can interpret,” one of the deputies can be heard saying on a video that was released yesterday by the State Highway Patrol.
About an hour later, Uriel Juarez Popoca, the 22-year-old man they found in his truck on an I-71 median on July 28, was dead — hit by a car after he left the fast-food restaurant.
The video of the scene near where Popoca’s car was found was recorded from the cruiser of Highway Patrol Trooper Sean Carpenter, who arrived at the scene shortly after the deputies. They were called to the area after several motorists called 911 about a drunken driver.
The video shows Carpenter arriving and asking the deputies what they have.
“Well, we — you — got a mess,” one of the deputies says.
“Me?” Carpenter asks.
“Yeah, we’re going home,” a deputy replies.
“I got a mess? I’m going home, too,” Carpenter says.
The deputies, Derek Beggs and Christopher Hughes, and Carpenter were at the scene about 9 p.m. Through much of the video they can be heard but not seen. They are off to the side of the cruiser, where Popoca’s truck had gone into a median chain.They can be heard saying that Popoca, whose family lives in Toluca, Mexico, doesn’t have a driver’s license.
One of the deputies and Carpenter both say they don’t “want” Popoca.
“You guys got here, not me. I’m not the one that found him,” Carpenter says, laughing.“If I’d find it, I couldn’t call you guys,‘Hey, you wanna come get this?’  ”
One of the deputies and Carpenter both say in the video that the best way to handle the situation would be to call someone to pick up Popoca. They say they can’t arrest him for drunken driving because they didn’t observe him driving, although one of the deputies tells Carpenter that Popoca’s truck was running and he was behind the wheel when they arrived.
Delaware County Sheriff Russell Martin, contacted last night, said that deputies don’t have to observe driving to make a drunken-driving arrest.
“You can make an arrest based upon other factors,” he said.“That might be witness statements, it might be ... that someone was behind the wheel, that person had control of the vehicle, keys in the ignition.”A spokesman for the Highway Patrol couldn’t be reached last night.
Before the deputies put Popoca in their cruiser, one of the three can be heard saying to him:“ Hey, man, you got deodorant? You stink.”
The deputies left Popoca at the Taco Bell on Rt. 36/37 about 9:30 p.m., telling him to call for a ride.
Shortly after they left, the Taco Bell manager called 911 several times, saying there was a man in the restaurant who was drunk. About 10:30 p.m., a driver called 911, saying he’d hit a man walking along Rt. 36/37. Popoca was pronounced dead there.
Carpenter has been placed on desk duty until the investigation is finished. Beggs and Hughes are on paid leave until the investigation is finished, which Martin said he hopes will be by next week.
[email protected]
@AllyMarotti
Kasich Was Right

Montréal, Canada

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Kasich Right: Idiot Cops Found In Republiklan Delaware

Turns out that Governor Kasich (R-Genoa Township Ohio) was spot-on right when he ranted about “Idiot Cops” in Ohio. We got a flock of ‘em in Delaware County.

The tragic death of a young man is on the hands of the Ohio Highway Patrol and the two Delaware County Sheriff Deputies. It is clear and unequivocal in the articles and video now broadcast.

Governor Kasich will most likely appoint Delaware Republiklan Sheriff Russ Martin to be th head of “The Ohio State Idiot Cops” since it seems that the moron Martin brings out the idiotic behavior in their deputies.

You gotta wonder why they didn’t just drive him down to Powell and let the idiot cops down there shoot him. They might have had to plant a pizza on him first. Don’t know if tacos justify a police shooting.

Moron Martin further proves his incompetent mental status with his idiotic statement to the media, once again proving our beloved governor accurate in his earlier assessment of “idiot cops” in Ohio.

Can you imagine the furor that would ensue if the dead guy in these circumstances was a youngster – say, the head cheerleader or the quarterback from a Delaware County high school or the kid of some rich politically connected - read Republican - campaign contributor. How would you like to be in the driver’s seat of the vehicle that killed this guy after these cops turned him loose to harm not only himself but the unfortunate driver who killed him?

We get the law enforcement we deserve and the Delaware Republiklans have shown us that race and ethnic hatred is a prime motivator in their concept of their so-called leadership. After all it’s at the heart of their national campaigns. And it has filtered down to the local level. It’s what we get when the Delaware Republiklans keep putting incompetent morons in our public offices.

Wonder what the tragic death of Mr. Popoca will cost us taxpayers.
Wake up

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 1, 2012
You think a bunch of illegal immigrants are going to sue and risk being deported? You're right...if this was a family with better means, this story would be over the top.
Martin Must Go

Germany

#5 Sep 2, 2012
The July incident that resulted in the death of Uriel Juarez Popoca, is a deplorable event and should be reason for Sheriff Russ Martin to resign or be forced out the job the Delaware Republicans gave him.

If Sheriff Martin was an honorable man and a competent law enforcement officer, who possesses leadership abilities, he would realize that he has full responsibility for the dereliction of duties by his subordinates and he would accept their failure as his own and turn in his badge and gun, now.

The Delaware Republicans wen after other incompetent officials for petty actions and paltry misdemeanors. No other situation of gross or minor incompetence by any other public official has directly caused the death of any person in Delaware County.

Sheriff Martin’s tragic incompetence and failed leadership is the cause of Mr. Popoca’s death. Sheriff Martin has failed in accomplishing the “Mission” of his office:“An office committed to protecting our homes, our schools and our community, while providing the highest levels of integrity, accountability and professionalism to the people we serve.”

That generic mission statement lacks the typical “protect and serve” of the people under its jurisdiction substituting and emphasizing property first.

Even so, Sheriff Martin’s off-target mission simply does not have any possibility of being fulfilled as long as Sheriff Martin’s deputies and office operate with dereliction of their duties, with bigotry in the dismal performance of their duty with no respect for or effort to protect human life, human dignity, or to maintain and uphold the human rights of all persons they encounter while “on-the-job”.

There are numerous examples of the Delaware law enforcement community “protecting” apparently intoxicated people from themselves. Compare to this July situation to how minor league Republican politicians were handled, or how children of the county prosecutors fared when apprehended.

What Sheriff Martin and his deputies failed to understand is that It matters not what the offender’s immigration status is and that actually may make this situation even more egregiously wrong if the offender should have been detained as a result of his alleged illegal immigration situation.

With regard to potential litigation, it’s coming. The nationality and place of residence of the deceased and his survivors is irrelevant to their potential claims against the Sheriff Martin’s deputies and state trooper who disregarded their duties and to the agencies that employ these derelict, so-called law enforcement officers.

In addition, the driver of the vehicle that struck and killed Mr. Popoca certainly has an abundance of potential claims against Sheriff Martin, his department and the individuals and agencies that should have detained but released the unfortunate, allegedly intoxicated victim into the traffic on one of Delaware County’s busiest roadways to be accidentally struck and killed by the vehicle operated by that unfortunate driver.

The county and state will pay due to Sheriff Martin’s incompetent job-performance. Sheriff Martin needs to go as fast as possible to prevent additional tragedies and more needless deaths of people from Sheriff Martin’s incompetent Sheriff’s office.

Sheriff Martin has put Republican politics in front of his duty and in doing so his deputies have implemented the bigotry, racism and contempt that the GOP displays toward those of us not in the 01% who matter to the GOP who who might actually get the concepts of protection and service from Sheriff Martin and his deputies.

The derelict deputy best summed up Sheriff Martin’ professional conduct and the operation of the department during his “watch”:“Before the deputies put Popoca in their cruiser, one of the three can be heard saying to him:‘Hey, man, you got deodorant? You stink.’ That stench emanates from the awful malfeasance and misfeasance of Sheriff Martin and his derelict deputies in Delaware County.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 4, 2012
You liberals are so intent on smashing Republicans that you can't think. If I was drunk I would much rather have a couple cops drop me off at a restaurant than take me to jail.

Besides, what's the big deal? The guy was a Mexican not an American. You libs are just using it to deflect from your worthless Muslim president
Get your facts straight

Delaware, OH

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Seriously wrote:
You liberals are so intent on smashing Republicans that you can't think. If I was drunk I would much rather have a couple cops drop me off at a restaurant than take me to jail.
Besides, what's the big deal? The guy was a Mexican not an American. You libs are just using it to deflect from your worthless Muslim president
1. You're a complete moron. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suspect that you're a conservative. With that in mind, you surely must hate illegal immigrants, yeah? So-with all of the above in mind-why are you defending the police officers that we pay to investigate and facilitate the deportation of said illegal immigrants?

Let's face it: These cops were too lazy to do their job the way 99% of their follow officers would have done it and because of that someone died. Very lucky that the motorist didn't wreck their vehicle and cause further fatalities.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

#8 Sep 5, 2012
To answer your extremely conflicting statement (typical for liberals) I do hate illegal immigrants sucking off the taxpaying community. I am defending the police officers that we pay to deport these "people". My opinion is consistent while your assumption defies logic. Maybe you stayed up too late watching all of the other idiots trying to portray Obama as a success.

I just hope the car wasn't damaged. Getting hair and blood off a bumper after hitting a Mexican is difficult. Oh wait.....was that offensive? As heard on "The Office" "Is there anything less offensive than "Mexican" we can call you?"

The cops weren't being lazy, they were trying to give the guy a break. Had they taken him to jail you would be shouting "I bet if he was white you would have let him go"

Be consistent and quit calling me names
Get your facts straight

Columbus, OH

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Seriously wrote:
To answer your extremely conflicting statement (typical for liberals) I do hate illegal immigrants sucking off the taxpaying community. I am defending the police officers that we pay to deport these "people". My opinion is consistent while your assumption defies logic. Maybe you stayed up too late watching all of the other idiots trying to portray Obama as a success.
I just hope the car wasn't damaged. Getting hair and blood off a bumper after hitting a Mexican is difficult. Oh wait.....was that offensive? As heard on "The Office" "Is there anything less offensive than "Mexican" we can call you?"
The cops weren't being lazy, they were trying to give the guy a break. Had they taken him to jail you would be shouting "I bet if he was white you would have let him go"
Be consistent and quit calling me names
You completely missed my point or have intentionally misrepresented what I said (typical for t baggers). My point was to highlight the fact that you applaud these officers for releasing the illegal immigrant, instead of doing what they should have and begin the process for deportation. Under your logic of "sucking off the tax paying community" shouldn't detaining and deporting be the actions you applaud? Not setting free at the local Alpo Bell to continue his blood lust on the tax paying community? You chose to defend the latter action , thus you sir are a hypocrite.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 6, 2012
I think you're just pissed that's one more (illegal) vote your Muslim President Obama won't get. He's going to need all he can get.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your blubbering because as the t baggers say "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do".

Along with "When you argue with a fool, chances are he is doing just the same."

Ba Bye fool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any changes at MPL (Nov '15) 19 hr FatChickAtLarge 32
Vote For Donald Trump Thu hippie freedom 3
News Trolley' service to begin in city Thu VeryWise 5
News USA's new supercar is..? Jun 22 political hack 3
News Powell man guilty of income-tax fraud | The Col... (Jan '10) Jun 22 Morris 33
News Delaware woman gets year in prison for vehicula... Jun 20 Donna 1
News Columbus woman indicted in string of nursing ho... Jun 19 They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delaware Mortgages