pay no attention to lies from Olentangy United

Posted in the Delaware Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Springboro parent

Girard, OH

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Greetings from northern Warren county OH! We here in Springboro understand Olentangy school district is in the midst of a very heated school board race. Apparently, a group in your area who call themselves Olentangy United felt a need to use Springboro School District as an example of a "district in decline" as a direct result of Springboro voters having elected a conservative-dominated board. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

My spouse and I have multiple children in these schools. Since 2011, this conservative board has worked very well with school administrators in order to bring financial accountability to this district that was so direly lacking in previous boards. Over the past 2 years, some of the improvements this board is responsible for include $1.1 million for an 11 additional new buses,$1.5 million in computers, wifi, backbone (350 laptops and 1,000 computers),$3.7 million in capital improvements,$2.4 million in text books and new curriculum and text book adoptions.

If you don't wish to take it from a parent from Springboro schools, then take a moment to listen to the superintendent's opinion...

http://www.wdtn.com/news/local/warren/springb...
Slim Fensterbrecher

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 10, 2013
Corruption on all levels. Starts with the union. Thanks for posting. Using scare tactics is cheap especially when it comes from the board and teachers union leaders.

Disgusting.
The Truth Informer

Akron, OH

#3 Oct 10, 2013
Slim Fensterbrecher wrote:
Corruption on all levels. Starts with the union. Thanks for posting. Using scare tactics is cheap especially when it comes from the board and teachers union leaders.
Disgusting.
You mean scare tactics like what we saw from the fire union in Powell? "If you cut funding, you will impact services." Ask the guy they couldn't rescue what he thinks of union scare tactics...

Unions know what services are needed to get the result the public wants. If the public wants reduced fire or education, just vote how you want and ignore the experts. If you vote simply to punish public employee unions for their benefits, don't scratch your head and wonder why your house burned down and your kids are working for Japanese or German supervisors.

Springboro, stay off our forum. And keep that idiot Shannon Jones out of state politics too. Put that piglet back in the barn.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 10, 2013
So Springboro...did that new curriculum include teaching Creationsim in the classroom? Just curious.
Springboro parent

Girard, OH

#5 Oct 10, 2013
Eluveitie wrote:
So Springboro...did that new curriculum include teaching Creationsim in the classroom? Just curious.
OH! You must have somehow skipped past that link I posted yesterday regarding Springboro superintendent Todd Petrie's media response to Olentangy United's youtube.

Or... was it that you make a conscious decision to ignore it?

Just curious.
The Truth Informer

Akron, OH

#6 Oct 10, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! You must have somehow skipped past that link I posted yesterday regarding Springboro superintendent Todd Petrie's media response to Olentangy United's youtube.
Just curious.
No really, stay off our forum.
Springboro parent

Girard, OH

#7 Oct 10, 2013
The Truth Informer wrote:
<quoted text>
No really, stay off our forum.
There is no passion so contagious as that of fear.

-Michel de Montaigne
The Truth Informer

Akron, OH

#8 Oct 10, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no passion so contagious as that of fear.
-Michel de Montaigne
"You can't fix stupid."

No fear here. Just tired of crazy right wing tea party radicals. Especially from crazytown.
Union Truth Informer

Tempe, AZ

#9 Oct 10, 2013
Our little union truther can't stand the truth especially when it comes to his beloved unions. So much for the thugs, the voters are wising up. while we can't do anything about the Feds we ertainly can at the local level. For the Olentangy School Board and Liberty Townhip Trustees help is on the way November 5, 2013. then wait till the next round of union negotiations.Katey bar the door!!!!
The Truth Informer

Akron, OH

#10 Oct 10, 2013
Union Truth Informer wrote:
Our little union truther can't stand the truth especially when it comes to his beloved unions. So much for the thugs, the voters are wising up. while we can't do anything about the Feds we ertainly can at the local level. For the Olentangy School Board and Liberty Townhip Trustees help is on the way November 5, 2013. then wait till the next round of union negotiations.Katey bar the door!!!!
Ok, what is this "truth" you speak of? More conservative tilting at windmills?
Olentangy Parent

Delaware, OH

#11 Oct 10, 2013
Just to see how much the superintendent is saving face, goggle Springboro School Board and see the scary articles that come up. Olentangy does not want this trifecta with Adam White.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 11, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious.
I couldn't open it. Sorry to burst your bubble. I did ask a legitimate question which you skated around which IS a conscious decision.
So, have they pushed Creationsim?
Never mind. I Googled it and they HAVE. It doesn't belong in schools. Period. It is fine for church, but it isn't science.
Springboro parent

Girard, OH

#13 Oct 11, 2013
Eluveitie wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't open it.
So sorry to hear about your computer system's selective inadequacies.
The Truth Informer

Medina, OH

#14 Oct 11, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Springboro Parent, why don't you spend a little less time trolling other community's forums with snotty little comments and go volunteer at your perfect little school. That way when you squeeze out more little tea party rats they might get a decent education and won't be inclined to shut down the government.

Location hidden

#15 Oct 11, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are inadequate. Period. You selectively ducked the issue of creationism in the classroom because you know it does not belong there. The only way you can justify it is if you admit there IS an agenda. So we will pay no attention to YOUR lies.
Springboro parent

Girard, OH

#16 Oct 11, 2013
Eluveitie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you are inadequate. Period. You selectively ducked the issue of creationism in the classroom because you know it does not belong there. The only way you can justify it is if you admit there IS an agenda. So we will pay no attention to YOUR lies.
This afternoon, perhaps your computer equipment is responding better.

In order to view the following Dayton channel 2 news report about Springboro superintendent Petrey's response regarding the Olentangy United youtube, you will first need to find, then "click" on the big white arrow in the middle of the big white circle.

http://www.wdtn.com/news/local/warren/springb ...
Were not gonna take it

Girard, OH

#18 Oct 12, 2013
"After reviewing the Olentangy You Tube video yesterday, I feel compelled to respond.(Springboro) is an outstanding school district with a superb staff. The actions and political needs of adults WILL NOT over take the goodness in this district. The issue that needs to be addressed in our school district is, how are we going to continue to accelerate student achievement and support a highly qualified staff? The future is going to be much more competitive for our students than ever before. We must equip our students with the 21st Century Skills to be successful. If we are going to have a discussion, I suggest we start with the needs of our students and not the personal and political agendas of the adults."
Keep it in Springboro

Lewis Center, OH

#20 Oct 13, 2013
I find it interesting how someone from Springboro started this topic. Why is Springboro, and for that matter, the President of the Springboro School Board, so interested in the Olentangy School Board race? That is the question the voters of Olentangy should be asking!

With a little bit of research, I discovered that the Springboro School Board President has conducted 3 workshops in Olentangy for helping her supported candidates. She has also been holding meetings in Westerville and Worthington too. It's all out there on Google and YouTube. Do the research yourself!

I've read all the stories online about Springboro. I encourage Olentangy voters to do the same! Keep your antics in Springboro! The voters n Olentangy don't want it here!!!!
No District is an Island

Girard, OH

#21 Oct 14, 2013
Keep it in Springboro wrote:
I find it interesting how someone from Springboro started this topic. Why is Springboro, and for that matter, the President of the Springboro School Board, so interested in the Olentangy School Board race? That is the question the voters of Olentangy should be asking!
With a little bit of research, I discovered that the Springboro School Board President has conducted 3 workshops in Olentangy for helping her supported candidates. She has also been holding meetings in Westerville and Worthington too. It's all out there on Google and YouTube. Do the research yourself!
I've read all the stories online about Springboro. I encourage Olentangy voters to do the same! Keep your antics in Springboro! The voters n Olentangy don't want it here!!!!
There are but a handful of truisms about Olentangy United's popular youtube propaganda piece. One of these trusims is the President of Springboro school board is also President of Ohio School Board Leadership Council. The OSBLC represents the hope for Ohio's and the nation's moderate and conservative leaders, thus OSBLC is now forking off and becoming national (NSBLC). For 58 years, public school boards in Ohio have had only one option in terms of leadership support. What was OK in 1955 by any means isn't OK here in 2013.

Especially during the last two to three generations, virtually everywhere in this nation, citizens voted onto school boards have watched as the teaching curriculum within their school districts have become increasingly infiltrated with biased liberal idealogy. Many of these organizations do much to support public education, yet at the same time, they inherently work to undermine America's future by working to ensure that Olentangy's and Springboro's classrooms and libraries are maintained well stocked with shiny new materials of liberal-leaning. Such organizations work tirelessly in order to purge anything and everything in their classrooms or libraries that students may pick up, read, and possibly wish to debate each other with which may contain the term... "god".

FYI....
The not button issue of creationism was actually triggered by a group of liberals in Springboro school district. They became irritated when a board member (not K.K.) made comments at a board meeting about the possiblity of a future class where students could learn and have a better understanding of the many heated debates (and fistfights) our Founding Fathers had with each other. Of course, every day, our children see the pictures on the money. But our children, and frankly the majority of us, have little to no clue of the importance of the heated exchanges and the many compromises found between the likes of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Henry and Madison.

Location hidden

#22 Oct 15, 2013
Springboro parent wrote:
<quoted text>
This afternoon, perhaps your computer equipment is responding better.
In order to view the following Dayton channel 2 news report about Springboro superintendent Petrey's response regarding the Olentangy United youtube, you will first need to find, then "click" on the big white arrow in the middle of the big white circle.
http://www.wdtn.com/news/local/warren/springb ...
LOL I imagine you as Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets, or in this case, questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr woo-boy 31,053
the dirty politics being played by shyra eichho... (Oct '13) 22 hr Tony M 24
vince margello half truths (Nov '13) 22 hr Tony M 14
Richmark Gutter Company- Ostrander Ohio - BEWAR... (Mar '14) 23 hr BEWARE 4
Mitchell Eichhorn Incoming Libewrty Twp Trustee... (Jan '14) Wed Not Suprised 28
MAiZE craze returns to Milford Center Sep 15 urbanLIARpantzONfire 2
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
•••
•••
•••

Delaware Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Delaware People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Delaware News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Delaware