Gary Merrill- Wannabe County Commiss...

Gary Merrill- Wannabe County Commissioner

Posted in the Delaware Forum

Laffer

Japan

#1 Dec 7, 2011
Gotta love the Delaware Republicans putting up a moron who presided over the Delaware Gazette going bankrupt while paying off politicians, like Yost and company, so he too could become a Delaware County Incompetent Incumbent Republican office holder

Thompson may owe the Chase bank a few bucks but Merrill was the publisher of the Gazette when it cratered as a bankrupt deadbeat business. Those are some great credentials for a person to run the county and create jobs. He couldn't keep his own and got fired. All he wants is a public paycheck and cushy benefits from a job where he can't be fired.

Enough already
ken

Powell, OH

#2 Dec 7, 2011
How sad. Gary has no experience. Tommy has been an honest Commissioner Much to good for the GOP in Delaware County
Wake up people

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 8, 2011
This has nothing to do with Merrill, it's about Tommy actually representing the citizens of Delaware, not just the Republican citizens. He looks out for everyone regardless of afiliation and for that he is blackballed. For crying out loud, the GOP is supporting Ken O'Brien who is a total idiot and I don't have time to write about the others like wife beating Jordan, lien dodging Brenner, tax evading Antonopolous, and old lady scamming Peterson to name a few.
Merrill is a puppet.... I hope his hole is big enough for both jordan and Peterson to stick their arms up to control him. my guess is that it is big enough from all the reaming he got before being fired.
Money Stealer

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#4 Dec 8, 2011
The only way for Thompson to get redemption and possibly re-elected is to come clean on why he elected to legally stiff Chase for 60K$ and how he plans to repay his full debt.e.g. pledge his entire Commissioners salary to the repayment.
A Shame

Ashburn, VA

#5 Dec 8, 2011
Yesterday a Bexley bank robber received a 19 year prison sentence for stealing around eight thousand dollars during a bank robbery. A Delaware County Commissioner can mis-appropriate thirty thousand dollars plus via the white collar credit card route and still run for public office. There is no justice in Delaware County.

Tommy Thompson is a deplorable example for the children of Delaware County and to think he was a former teacher and school principal. He is not deserving of re-election.
Merrells a Turd

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Dec 8, 2011
Bankruptor Gary Merrell busted out the Gazette in about two short years thus ruining a 100+ year family business. What a guy old Gary is.

I kind of like the "debtors prison" deal "A Shame " whines about.

Yost (had a tax lien when he was Auditor), Antonoplos and her lazy ass stupid lobbyist hubby, owe nearly a million in taxes and bank debt, Brenners - both of then owe about seventy grand in employer withholding taxes, plus the assorted deadbeats in the Delaware GOP Central Committee would fill up a whole cell block of wife beating, gun toting, Jesus loving, deadbeats

Tommy-T's problem is he didn't go big like the rest of them did when he got in financial trouble. Maybe Antonoplos can arrange one of her 105 year mortgages for him or he can let his Delaware Property taxes go for about 10 years like Henthorn did.
Debbie

Delaware, OH

#7 Dec 10, 2011
Merrells a Turd wrote:
Bankruptor Gary Merrell busted out the Gazette in about two short years thus ruining a 100+ year family business. What a guy old Gary is.
I kind of like the "debtors prison" deal "A Shame " whines about.
Yost (had a tax lien when he was Auditor), Antonoplos and her lazy ass stupid lobbyist hubby, owe nearly a million in taxes and bank debt, Brenners - both of then owe about seventy grand in employer withholding taxes, plus the assorted deadbeats in the Delaware GOP Central Committee would fill up a whole cell block of wife beating, gun toting, Jesus loving, deadbeats
Tommy-T's problem is he didn't go big like the rest of them did when he got in financial trouble. Maybe Antonoplos can arrange one of her 105 year mortgages for him or he can let his Delaware Property taxes go for about 10 years like Henthorn did.
Yes, Merrill helped to bankrupt a Delaware institution. Then the new owners fired him for it. He has no place representing me. If he is all the party can offer up, that says a lot about the pathetic state of the party in Delaware.
Laffer

Prague, Czech Republic

#8 Feb 2, 2012
Merrell's a turd - a Delaware GOP Turd

Bankrupt financial morons
Tax Deadbeats
Wife Beaters
Scumbag ripoff the elderly ex-lawyers
Drunks
Pill Poppers
Spit in your face
Steal from Employees
Fake mortgage political payoff schemers
Pay-to-Play scammers
Bid Riggers
Criminals
Gotcha

Powell, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2012
Don't forget wife cheating employee screwing
The Heckler

Dublin, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2012
Thompson is so rotten his own party doesn't even want him. The GOP powers that be are "all in" on Merrell. Tommy is done.
Not a Chance

Portsmouth, OH

#11 Feb 3, 2012
Thompson didn't have the backing of the "Grand Old Party" last time and he won against a seemingly unbeatable incumbent. Face it...Merrill doesn't (and shouldn't) stand a chance here. He's done NOTHING to deserve consideration. Besides, with the criminals and clowns currently controlling the party, who would want their association?
Yeah Deb -

United States

#12 Feb 3, 2012
The Heckler wrote:
Thompson is so rotten his own party doesn't even want him. The GOP powers that be are "all in" on Merrell. Tommy is done.
We ALL want what the Delaware GOP wants. What a hoot!
Merrill

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 3, 2012
I thought the Delaware Disgrace was an award winning newspaper under Mr. Merrell and I hope he can do for the GOP in Delaware County what he did for that newspaper.
Clearly

Davisburg, MI

#14 Feb 3, 2012
Merrill wrote:
I thought the Delaware Disgrace was an award winning newspaper under Mr. Merrell and I hope he can do for the GOP in Delaware County what he did for that newspaper.
You thought wrong.
Immerill

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Feb 3, 2012
I will always be a Sooner and never a Buckeye! Unless of course I can play monkey move up at the request of my Auditor and Congressman and take the spot of a guy whose only fault in life was being honest and fair.
Susan Kremers

Saint Cloud, MN

#16 Nov 6, 2012
As someone who has worked with newspapers across the Nation, it is not the leader of any media company that's to blame. It's the internet. Printed newspapers are more costly than the internet, and they are definatly not "green". It's a faster cheaper way to get information to their readers. I have worked as a consultant for Gary in the past. I have literally worked with hundreds of media companies and I can assure you Mr. Merrill carries himself with integrity. His character is not well represented in this post. It is an uneducated insult towards a man that deserves to serve.
Derf

Delaware, OH

#17 Nov 6, 2012
Susan Kremers wrote:
As someone who has worked with newspapers across the Nation, it is not the leader of any media company that's to blame. It's the internet. Printed newspapers are more costly than the internet, and they are definatly not "green". It's a faster cheaper way to get information to their readers. I have worked as a consultant for Gary in the past. I have literally worked with hundreds of media companies and I can assure you Mr. Merrill carries himself with integrity. His character is not well represented in this post. It is an uneducated insult towards a man that deserves to serve.
Wrong. He is a scoundrel who only one because Pat T. poured over 80,000+ dollars into his campaign. He ran a local company into the ground. Other newspapers are still afloat, but he couldn't make it happen. He is inept.
people

Delaware, OH

#18 Nov 28, 2012
The people got what they wanted. What a waste of good voting power and ignorant voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morimoto to become new president of Honda Alaba... Tue pbug56 1
Kala howe nex transport elp plant Tue Truth 1
Krystal Schweim at Honda Feb 15 Whatsup 1
News Richwood bar poses problem for police (Sep '08) Feb 12 John6969 21
Marysville Hookers? (Apr '09) Feb 11 Lovefun 33
2018 Primary elections Feb 10 No more Melanie 1
News City defends snow-removal efforts despite slopp... Feb 9 a1 b2 c3 d4 e5 f6... 2

Delaware Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delaware Mortgages