EcoFair360 celebrates the greener life at Walworth County Fairgrounds July 16-18, 2010

The Walworth County Fairgrounds in Elkhorn, WI will host EcoFair 360, a festival July 16-18 which will bring together hundreds of exhibitors and presenters, as well as thousands of attendees looking to learn more about the green lifestyle.

Full Story
Phish

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Jan 18, 2010
Whoppty Frickin Ding. Do you suppose they will talk about the great myth of Global Warming?
Donny

Fort Atkinson, WI

#2 Jan 18, 2010
I hate when they bring stupid shit like this to Walworth County. It's no wonder nobody wants to live in Walworth County anymore because of boring crap like this.
George

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Aw don't pick on the poor tree huggers. They are having a bad year. Obama is turning out to make Jimmy Carter look competent. The global warming myth has be proven to be a fraud. Health care has been shot down. I guess the least we can do is let them have the fair grounds for a weekend before they have to go out and get a real job so they can get health insurance. The humanity of it all.........
running girl

Madison, WI

#4 Jan 24, 2010
maybe the tree huggers can get al gore there god to fly his jet there and speek of the evils of carbon foot prints, co2 (which plants need to live),SUV's, then all sit in a circle and sing coombiaya.
After all that then sing praise to a 40' picture of obama
Phish

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Jan 25, 2010
I am leaving Elkhorn that weekend. I am afraid I will get run over by Les Nessman driving a Prius.
Retired

Oak Creek, WI

#6 Feb 14, 2010
Got alot of good ideas from the Last one at another City in AZ.

I did the same when moved up here..

1. Replaced all the Lousy Looking Grass with Aritifical Grass. No mowing and Ploutting the air with a gas lawnmower and annoying the neighborhod. No wasting Water on it. No Bugs, No Brown out spots in Hot summer mos. And save over $800 yr vs hiring someone to mow it..

2. Same with most of the Bushes.. Got Fake One's.. They cost $300 each and Look like the real thing with 25 yr fade warranty.. Instant Grown Bushes and Not Trimming or watering anymore.

3. 1 KW solar panel on the Garage.. Provide most of the Electricty we need. Cost $1,500 but vs costing us over $900/yr for the same amt. from Utility co. paid for itself in 2 yrs..been free Juice eversince..

4. Installed a Heated system Under the Gravel Driveway for the Winter.. No more Plowing ( ave $450 yr) and No More Shoveling the sidewalks either..and don't need no Salt for ice..

5. Added Plexiglass To every Window to the Inside of the windows... No more needing to add those flimsy plastic kits ( saving $30 yr) and save another 15% on heating bills.

6.Double Outside Doors.. Not just Whimpy Storm Doors, get one's with at least a R 10 factor..and Use Insde Inuslated Fiberglass Doors , not Steel..

7. CFL Lightbulbs..
8. Electric Hot Water heaters on Timers..Got rid of the Gas and Got An Electric one with a Timer..

9. And of course, added more Insulation to the attic, added more Vents..

10. Total Savings? Ave over $1,600 yr after deducting costs for everything.

Take ave of 30 yrs in the house? It will be well over $50,000, not counting Increases in Energy costs..
and alot closer to having a "0" Maintenance home to go Golfing , Boating and Fishing more..and we were able to buy a Wave Runner for the Kids !
Retired

Oak Creek, WI

#7 Feb 14, 2010
Sorry, I still don't get Spending $30k for a Hybrid car vs $20k for just a Simple 4 cycl Gas one.
The $10,000 cost dif at $3 a gal of gas, pays for over 3,333 gals of gas
Getting 30 mpg with the Gas engine?
is another 100,000 miles

No way going to go another 100,000 miles in any car, let alone a hybrid..

It's just not Cost effective..until gas hits like $5 gal and even then..

And In Europe? using Diesel Engines in Ford Fusions getting 45-50 mpg!

Sure seems like a better idea than using Electric cars, costing $10k more and having to Have all those Windmills Sticking up all over the place..that are creating jobs for Asia, since they're made in Asia, not in the USA...and breaking down all over the place I understand out in California testing them..

And I have to Meet the person buying those Chevy Volts for $40,000+? I haveto question their Judgement buying that thing...

And if your neighbor is using Twice the Electricy as you are and the elec. company Charges them the same as you? Aren't you subcidizing them? Same as we are with Gas guzzlers?

And the Utility Co,'s have been saying, unless the Fed. Pays for them to Upgrade? We won't ahve enough Power during peak months and have more Failures in the system.. and You know what that means? Higher Rates are comming to pay for it..

Get us sucked into using more Electricity and then, they raise the rates to provide it..

Bait and Switch it's called.
Phish

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Feb 16, 2010
I think they should have a global warming summit during the "ECOFAIR360" lets discuss all the "Proven" science that is coming to light about global warming. It all is a sham to make a few people like Al Gore rich. Get a life and get a brain.....
Running Guy

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Yeah screw global warming!! It makes no sense at all to burn less fossil fuels which in turn reduces our dependence upon foreign oil which then funnels less money into the terrorist's pockets, that's just plain nonsense. And why should we save energy? So the power companies do not have to spend billions of dollars building new power plants to keep up with demand which we end up paying for through rate hikes? That's blasphemy! Screw global warming and the liberal horse it rode in on! I hope we use up every resource on this earth by the time I die, no sense saving anything for my kids.
George

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Feb 17, 2010
Drill Baby Drill!!!!!There is enough oil on this earth to last 100's of years. Why not use it? The USA has more oil in Alaska that the whole Middle East.I agree cut our foreign dependence on oil.

Obama has gotten one thing right Nuclear power. At least he isn't that big of a dumbass to think we could power the country using a windmill....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delavan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gage Marine sets seasonal hours Thu Disgusted 1
Robert Mann (Jun '09) Dec 18 jesus is mann 28
pusherman Dec 10 pusherman_ 1
wisconsin werewolf sightings...hard to believe! (May '11) Dec 10 pusherman_ 63
Moving to Elkhorn (May '11) Dec 5 Yobbie 22
Podiatrist's fees shock patients (Jul '11) Dec 3 jimtracy 3
Primary election for two Walworth County Board ... (Feb '12) Oct '14 Sgt Prepper 2
Delavan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Delavan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Delavan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Delavan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:46AM