Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
140,961 - 140,980 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that Garden of Eden story? Oh, how old are you?
How can an adult believe 2 men or 2 women can make a baby? Oh, how old are you?

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>My ole my another gay in need of a lie. A dead horse is more intelligent than an alive gay. So, a pederast is an ephebophilia. The fact is a gay man attracted to the same sex child is either a gay pedophile or pederast. Now, will you run from this lie, since a ephebophile is attracted to the post pubescent boy that makes all the gay RCC child molesters gay child molesters and Jerry Sandusky was a gay child molesters who was attracted to post pubescent same sex boys or gays. Thew fact is if it is post or pre it is still just gays molesting children.
Of course, since you are gay then you are ignorant to these things. You probably think that gay AIDS and suicides are not the result of gay choices, but something in your food.
AIDS is the result of a virus. Not "gay choices", most people with AIDS are straight.
And you homophobes have to try to connect homosexuality to pedophilia because you have no real arguments.
You just can't deal with your own same sex attractions.
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Lets not waste the last day of the weekend with spitting and scratching one another.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not claiming it's smart. Just smarter than you.
Her farts are smarter than me! This from Rose "do you know what a logical fallacy is?"_NoHo.

Priceless!

(And very classy too!)
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe that Garden of Eden story? Oh, how old are you?
How can an adult believe farts have intelligence? How old are you?

Level 5

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never insulted gays, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. M.C.D. is practicing sophistry, untrue distraction from the issue of changing marriage law for everyone.
BFD. What difference does it make to an opposite sex married couple if the law is change to include same sex couples? Come up with a real answer, no vague "harm civilization" statement. Tell us something specific the opposite sex couple would no longer be able to do, or forced to do...
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The second section of the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal. It makes similar inequality distinctions for adult/minor and citizen/noncitizen.
Stupid, the 2nd section isn't about equal protection, it's about counting people for determining the numbers of reps a state has. It also mentions race.

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else, there is no orientation test for a marriage license. I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter as two examples.
Whatever. There is a gender test. Why are you against equal rights?

Many homosexuals want children and care enough that their children are raised by the kid's mom and dad.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The Supreme Court has already reviewed state law defining marriage as one man and one woman in Baker v Nelson. They upheld that definition of marriage, have never reviewed another same sex marriage case so Baker v Nelson stands as precedent.
I'm willing to let the court decide, but I'd prefer a Constituional Amendment like DOMA. Vice President Biden helped enact the Defense of Marriage Act into federal law, President Clinton signed DOMA. In 2008, both Obama and Biden ran on marriage as one man and one woman. They said it was about religion and faith, we have a Constitutional right to practice our religion and live by our beliefs.
<quoted text>In Germany, gay rights means not having to wear a pink triangle band on your arm and not being thrown in a concentration camp to die. Their are more important gay right issues than changing marriage law for everyone.
Then don't worry about it, stupid.

Level 5

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How can an adult believe 2 men or 2 women can make a baby? Oh, how old are you?
How can an adult believe that's a subject up for debate? Oh, how old are you?

Level 5

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't claim they have intelligence, they're just smarter than you.
SorryBuddy

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

David Miller wrote:
Lets not waste the last day of the weekend with spitting and scratching one another.
Someone feeling misunderstood?
Yeah, that stings, I know what it's like.
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Woops, another post slipped in?

“Sweet Home Alabama”

Level 3

Since: Sep 12

<><><><><><><><><>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

??
Winston Smith

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Oscar_Wilde wrote:
<quoted text>My ole my another gay in need of a lie. A dead horse is more intelligent than an alive gay. So, a pederast is an ephebophilia. The fact is a gay man attracted to the same sex child is either a gay pedophile or pederast. Now, will you run from this lie, since a ephebophile is attracted to the post pubescent boy that makes all the gay RCC child molesters gay child molesters and Jerry Sandusky was a gay child molesters who was attracted to post pubescent same sex boys or gays. Thew fact is if it is post or pre it is still just gays molesting children.
Of course, since you are gay then you are ignorant to these things. You probably think that gay AIDS and suicides are not the result of gay choices, but something in your food.
You really are funny aren't you? There are plenty of adults who identify as heterosexual that are pedophiles, ephebophiles, etc. Their targets can still be same sex too. Why must you continue to spout shite?

HIV, and therefore AIDs, when one considers the global statistics is more of concern in the heterosexual population. Suicides amongst the gay population are a direct result of attitudes like yours. You hate and condemn them on a daily basis. What is spectactular is the effort on the part of people just like you to shift the harboring of hatred to them when it is you that hates and denigrates.

BTW numbnuts, I'm straight. In fact I used to be just like you. Then I matured.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why I guess the same way adults believe in a non existent sky pixie named jesus. Have a great day dipshit
Joe Gardner

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Lots of fake joints were handed out at a news conference promoting the "weeds" series, which concludes the adventures of a drug-dealing suburban widow with September 16, 2012 Sunday hour-long finale.
Winston Smith

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never insulted gays, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. M.C.D. is practicing sophistry, untrue distraction from the issue of changing marriage law for everyone.
<quoted text>The second section of the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal. It makes similar inequality distinctions for adult/minor and citizen/noncitizen.
<quoted text>Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else, there is no orientation test for a marriage license. I cite Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter as two examples.
Many homosexuals want children and care enough that their children are raised by the kid's mom and dad.
<quoted text>The Supreme Court has already reviewed state law defining marriage as one man and one woman in Baker v Nelson. They upheld that definition of marriage, have never reviewed another same sex marriage case so Baker v Nelson stands as precedent.
I'm willing to let the court decide, but I'd prefer a Constituional Amendment like DOMA. Vice President Biden helped enact the Defense of Marriage Act into federal law, President Clinton signed DOMA. In 2008, both Obama and Biden ran on marriage as one man and one woman. They said it was about religion and faith, we have a Constitutional right to practice our religion and live by our beliefs.
<quoted text>In Germany, gay rights means not having to wear a pink triangle band on your arm and not being thrown in a concentration camp to die. Their are more important gay right issues than changing marriage law for everyone.
I think it is wonderful that you don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuals. What I take exception to is your belief that allowing homosexuals to marry someone of the same sex will change the law for everyone. It won't. I will still be married to my wife of 16 years. After one of us dies the other will see no change in the way our common property is handled. If one of us sees our health deteriorate the other will still be grante access to our death bed and given the legal right to make life decisions. Granting access to marriage for same sex couples does absolutely nothing to affect our relationship. This neither negates nor cheapens it.

My marriage isn't a religious phenomenon, it is a legal contract, an agreement between the two of us. Why should two people who are of the same sex not have access to the same?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is wonderful that you don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuals. What I take exception to is your belief that allowing homosexuals to marry someone of the same sex will change the law for everyone. It won't. I will still be married to my wife of 16 years. After one of us dies the other will see no change in the way our common property is handled. If one of us sees our health deteriorate the other will still be grante access to our death bed and given the legal right to make life decisions. Granting access to marriage for same sex couples does absolutely nothing to affect our relationship. This neither negates nor cheapens it.
My marriage isn't a religious phenomenon, it is a legal contract, an agreement between the two of us. Why should two people who are of the same sex not have access to the same?
You dumb down marriage to a 'legal contract' between two people. That is not marriage.

Gay couples have every right to acquire appropriate rights and privileges as gay unions, and have done so.

I pity your wife.
The Black Death

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb down marriage to a 'legal contract' between two people. That is not marriage.
Gay couples have every right to acquire appropriate rights and privileges as gay unions, and have done so.
I pity your wife.
I pity all of them because no matter how many rights you give them they will still spread hiv carelessly and even more so now that they are allowed to raise children. Let alone the average lifespan of a homosexual will remain around 43 years of age and will 'go down' for years to come.
David Miller

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

Fleets has the fix for your problems.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Every child with a biological parent in a gay union has been torn away from a parent.
2. Every child wants a mother AND father. When that is not possible, society should provide a substitute of both.
3. It is diabolical to deliberately birth a child without both parents. It is an outrageous violation on every child's right to normalcy.
4. That a child doesn't want and need both a mother and father is one of the stupidest gay twirls ever. Evolution has spent millions of years refining advanced species. You equate parenting to the genderless reproduction of simple life forms, apparently to match your brain.
5. Some option, a duplicate, or nothing. Ask the child if they would prefer a mom and dad if possible. I dare you.
One of the stupidest, most outrageous posts I've ever seen!
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Please repeat your number 1 five times while adding the last sentence of your post.
I don't need a scientist to verify what I said, any child will do it for me.
Smirk.
How very scientific of you....

I bet you have brown eyes.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

The Black Death wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity all of them because no matter how many rights you give them they will still spread hiv carelessly and even more so now that they are allowed to raise children. Let alone the average lifespan of a homosexual will remain around 43 years of age and will 'go down' for years to come.
You know you're getting desperate when you drag out bogus statistics that have been SO discredited, even EXODUS International stopped using them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Delano Forum right now

Search the Delano Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GodSmacked's Cyber friends Cafe 3 hr Poof1 4,361
dr sharma 4 hr morena 8
paola rodriguez from earlaz 4 hr Commander Bunny 14
worst company to work for and why? 6 hr phd 6
white ho 6 hr what 6
Drop your Instagram URL (Apr '13) 7 hr YoungKhalifa 28
Ladies Cruelty free and Organic life style change 7 hr lovely 1
•••
•••