Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154466 Aug 12, 2012
Dirty bags are still posting here.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154467 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
LOL.
The issue is serious, but those suits are funny.

“WAY TO GO”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#154468 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Look at section two where it explicitly recognizes male and female as unequal, just as it recognizes adult and child or citizen and non-citizen as unequal.
This is section 2:
2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.htm...

Where does it mention the specific differences of what you stated?

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154469 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard about a hit man who'd say a pray before going out on a job.
Is that what kind of coexisting you mean?
Well, if you were to claim religion and murder don't coexist, you'd be wrong.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#154470 Aug 12, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
This is section 2:
2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.htm...
Where does it mention the specific differences of what you stated?
Where it mentions rights for males and not females, just as it lists rights for those over twenty-one years of age and citizens, not those under twenty-one years of age and non-citizens.

Our Constitution recognizes male and female as unequal, there is no right to gender equality just as there is no right to child equality or non-citizen equality. Read the words, the law is written in black and white.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#154471 Aug 12, 2012
BTW, the Vice President, Joe Biden, voted to enact DOMA into law when he was in the Senate. He helped make the Defense of Marriage act into law and he's running with Obama in November. I hope you can remember that.
Spike

Monrovia, CA

#154472 Aug 12, 2012
Still laying down that slope your passing off as english 101 are ya!

Noo more racosts pukes like you anymore!

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Level 4

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154474 Aug 12, 2012
Let's hear from you straight Christians who think homosexuality and traditional Christianity can coexist.

I'm especially interested in how you fellows reconcile Leviticus and Sodom & Gomorrah with the homosexual lifestyle.

The fact is, the closet thing I know of to Sodom are gay bath houses.

But prove me wrong. Tell me why Saturday Night at the local gay bath house has nothing in common with how gays used to get their kicks at Sodom and Gomorrah.

School me, brother.
Dude

Newark, DE

#154475 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:

Dude, if you don't know why are you pretending to know?
Notice how the hobbit peeked from out of his burrow long enough to bare false witness against me. You're making jeebus so proud.
Prof Marvel wrote:

You're promoting a lifestyle a Christian would have to become a Hindu to follow
There you go again, spitting out lies like you did wads, way back when. Though I would rather they put their minds towards empirical evidence, many gays are Christian. A lot of church denominations are okay with gay people. Also, stop calling it a "lifestyle". That's like saying blue-eyed people are living a lifestyle. There are no five pillars of the blue-eyed, and gay people don't pray to San Fran five times a day. The gay lifestyle, like your deities, are a myth.
Prof Marvel wrote:

What kind of sense does that make
Because a white man, in a night gown, giving birth to himself so that he could kill himself, in order to forgive something that he made a sin totally makes sense.
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#154476 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how the hobbit peeked from out of his burrow long enough to bare false witness against me. You're making jeebus so proud.
<quoted text>
There you go again, spitting out lies like you did wads, way back when. Though I would rather they put their minds towards empirical evidence, many gays are Christian. A lot of church denominations are okay with gay people. Also, stop calling it a "lifestyle". That's like saying blue-eyed people are living a lifestyle. There are no five pillars of the blue-eyed, and gay people don't pray to San Fran five times a day. The gay lifestyle, like your deities, are a myth.
<quoted text>
Because a white man, in a night gown, giving birth to himself so that he could kill himself, in order to forgive something that he made a sin totally makes sense.
What do your parents really think of you... knowing that you swallow the semen emissions of men and engage in corn holing for kicks and fun??
I bet they are ashamed of you, New Castle swish.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Level 4

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#154477 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how the hobbit peeked from out of his burrow long enough to bare false witness against me. You're making jeebus so proud.
<quoted text>
There you go again, spitting out lies like you did wads, way back when. Though I would rather they put their minds towards empirical evidence, many gays are Christian. A lot of church denominations are okay with gay people. Also, stop calling it a "lifestyle". That's like saying blue-eyed people are living a lifestyle. There are no five pillars of the blue-eyed, and gay people don't pray to San Fran five times a day. The gay lifestyle, like your deities, are a myth.
Oh, is the word "lifestyle" a forbidden word now?

You fellows seem to add new forbidden words every day.

Why is "lifestyle" now a forbidden word?

I mean, honestly, fella, do you really think when you go to the bathhouse and do what you do, you're acting like a Christian?
Brown Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#154478 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how the hobbit peeked from out of his burrow long enough to bare false witness against me. You're making jeebus so proud.
<quoted text>
There you go again, spitting out lies like you did wads, way back when. Though I would rather they put their minds towards empirical evidence, many gays are Christian. A lot of church denominations are okay with gay people. Also, stop calling it a "lifestyle". That's like saying blue-eyed people are living a lifestyle. There are no five pillars of the blue-eyed, and gay people don't pray to San Fran five times a day. The gay lifestyle, like your deities, are a myth.
<quoted text>
Because a white man, in a night gown, giving birth to himself so that he could kill himself, in order to forgive something that he made a sin totally makes sense.
By homosexuals trying to keep this a "white Christain" issue makes them a racist and a homofascist, does it not?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/chris...
Dude

Newark, DE

#154479 Aug 12, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
What do your parents really think of you... knowing that you swallow the semen emissions of men and engage in corn holing for kicks and fun??
I bet they are ashamed of you, New Castle swish.
The man's welfare check isn't enough to cover for a home theater system, but he's still projecting. Bravo.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#154480 Aug 12, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Where it mentions rights for males and not females, just as it lists rights for those over twenty-one years of age and citizens, not those under twenty-one years of age and non-citizens.
Our Constitution recognizes male and female as unequal, there is no right to gender equality just as there is no right to child equality or non-citizen equality. Read the words, the law is written in black and white.
OK
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
Dude

Newark, DE

#154481 Aug 12, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Oh, is the word "lifestyle" a forbidden word now?
You fellows seem to add new forbidden words every day.
Why is "lifestyle" now a forbidden word?
Who said that? Not me. Jeez. A man whose head is as dim as the closet he resides in. You have a talented tongue, for you lie effortlessly. I wonder where you got all that practice. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Prof Marvel wrote:

I mean, honestly, fella, do you really think when you go to the bathhouse
You're having a psychotic episode again. You're blending reality with the six straight hours of gay porn you watch. Snap out of it, Sisqo Sr.
Prof Marvel wrote:
you're acting like a Christian?
I'm surprised your pudgy little legs can manage to balance you on that pedestal you crawled on top of. Stop pretending to be something you're not. You're not religious. You're just bitter over how there weren't any takers, no matter how many bars of soap your sausage-link fingers grabbed and Bret-Favred across the shower room.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#154482 Aug 12, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill
Brown Lipstick

Pittsfield, MA

#154483 Aug 12, 2012
Societys without morals cannot function and a government without the moral question within it's governing process doesn't have a process that is going to survive.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#154484 Aug 12, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
By homosexuals trying to keep this a "white Christain" issue makes them a racist and a homofascist, does it not?
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion/chris...
Honey your lips are brown and your breath stinks because you’re talking out of the wrong hole.
Sonoma Dev Center 86

Sonoma, CA

#154485 Aug 12, 2012
When this place becomes an indian cultural casino center instead of a state hospital will we have to move? My uncle Hermann it turns out was a woman named Luiza before he/she became my uncle and moved in with us. This only showed when his/her swim suit kind of got water logged and the fake pink schlong fell out at the pool in July. Ma was embarassed and they took us back to the Developmental Center pronto quick pup where we was medicated righto. Now what.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#154486 Aug 12, 2012
Brown Lipstick wrote:
Societys without morals cannot function and a government without the moral question within it's governing process doesn't have a process that is going to survive.
ya stop talking out of your azz... moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wants to get freaky? 10 min Bigdickguy666 1
Chat line 35 min Mochomo 1
Mariah Adams 1 hr Robert Rivera 6
Delano Has No Power 2 hr IguEss 2
Iris aguilera y Carlos Aragon 3 hr The one u luv to ... 2
Jimena Madrigal 4 hr Anonymous 2
Delano citys biggest cockblocks 5 hr suk it sleezy 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delano Mortgages