Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#149817 Jul 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
The key question is this: do we let the LGBT create a new category of entitlement -- sexual orientation.
No, actually the key question is, why is failed author Gary Lloyd such a repetitious moron.

But then we remember, baseless repetition is the sin qua non of all idiots.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149818 Jul 10, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
He'll have to do the "algebra".
LOL!!!!! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#149819 Jul 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Chaz Bono is a good example of where all this "Gay is normal!" insanity is going.
Chaz has a pathological obsession with seducing beautiful straight women. The fact the women happen to be straight means nothing to her.
She waits until the cameras rolling, pulls out a diamond as big as an ice cube, drops to her knee, and pops the question: "Will you marry me?"
In a sane world this would be more than enough reason to have her committed so can get the mental health treatment she so obviously needs; today it's "My God! the crazy woman turned Chaz down? Why? What's wrong with her? When will this crazy homophobia stop!"
Chaz is a obese, grotesque, self-made circus freak-- a thoroughly out-of-control young woman. But in the new world the LGBT community has created Chaz is a handsome man, a poster child for well-balanced hommosexual health, a role model for all children -- a hero!
Thanks to gay teachers, no one is more in demand as a public speaker at our local schools where she tells the kids the massive surgery he's under-gone is "normal"; the massive drug regimen she's required to maintain her masculine appearance is normal; her plan to marry another woman and raise a family is "normal."
Straight morons who support same-sex marriage are responsible for this abomination, just like they'll be responsible for tens of thousands of kids -- dazzled by the circus atmosphere that follows this psychotic woman wherever she goes -- who grow up wanting to be just like her.
It's all about the kids and the only thing we should be teaching kids is heterosexuality is normal and homosexuality -- in all its myriad permutations -- is abnormal.
Hard? Yes -- but raising kids has always been hard. It's always been a tough job. It's always been about telling the kid not to take candy from "nice" strangers.
That' it.
No compromise, no "Peace in our Time" diplomacy.
No frankenstein social experimentation. No men in dresses and heels teaching sex education. No fat women on sex augmentation hormones as role models.
None of that crap.
Our priorities are the kids we can't and with kids we err on the side of caution, not roll the dice on a hunch -- not Chaz Bono's descent into howling-in-the woods madness.
No any of that!
Aw, poor Gary, all jealous of Chaz Bono.

Shills for massresistance, your leader is here!!! My guess is that Gary pins a towel around his neck when he sits down to post on Topix. Pretending its a little cape, and he is the superhero protecting children from the certain horrible ramifications of gay equality.....as promoted by the morons at massresistance!!!! Do you have your cape on today Gary? Probably a little party mask with feathers too, huh Gary? Some itching powder all set in your little utility belt?!!!

Massresistance Man is here!!!!!! Shills everywhere, unite!!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#149820 Jul 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The example is no-fault divorce, not a argument about the issue of divorce.
2. The point is SS marriage will have unforeseen consequences just like no-fault divorce did.
Calm down and try to comprehend the collapse of another gay twirl.
The only thing collapsing is you and your fellow shills.

Carry on.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149821 Jul 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Context of the article.
You are still a idiot and a liar.
The article was an opinion piece completely void of specifics.

YOU are still an idiot and liar.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149823 Jul 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like gays, at all, but you make some good points here. The only one I question is "who created the spectacle" part. I think gays created their own spectacle by being overly flamboyant.
Nope, the spectacle was started by those attempting to deny us our right to assemble. You lose again.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's really no need for those damn queer parades.
Yes there is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do gay men act so much like women & why do gay women act so much like men?
Obviously your interaction with gay people consists of watching old episodes of Soap. This is 2012, educate yourself. And if some gay men act like woman and some gay women act more like men.....SO THE FUCK WHAT? How are you affected by this? How does it impact your life? Seriously, THIS is what you consider a problem, or a valid reason to dislike an entire sect of people? Wow, exactly HOW insecure are you?

Level 1

Location hidden

#149824 Jul 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I missed that.
This doesn't surprise anyone.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149825 Jul 10, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow Jonah1 you have told off so many this morning...give them hell!!!.....I hope it makes you feel better...You might want to think about cutting back on your coffee, you seem to be losing it.
Oh, I'm only here until you present the top 5 of the "dangers" you stated that homosexuality causes. Once you do that I'll be glad to leave.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149826 Jul 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean is you straight morons who support same sex marriage let gay activists redefine everything -- marriage, sexual orientation, homophobia, etc. Meanwhile, these people -- homosexuals -- have dropped the ball every time they achieved one of their supposed Civil Rights goals.
You don't want to talk about it but the elimination of sodomy laws was one of their first redefinitions gone wrong. Thirty years "sodomy" suddenly no longer existed. Wonderful things were supposed to happen; all that happened was the manic promiscuity Randy Shiltz writes about in "The Band Played On."
The next redefined bathhouses and group sex. Suddenly group sex become something more than rank lust -- it as a near-spiritual experience that also would make the world a better place if everyone would just drop their inhibitions and go to their local bathhouse and try.
Next came sexual practices all agreed were perverted. Suddenly, pee-play and rimming were no longer perversions. They were normal, safe and wholesome -- so wholesome in fact you put them in your mainstream sex youth manuals.
None of these things panned out and a couple of them were venues for worldwide pandemics.
Gays are the last persons anyone with sense should listen to. If someone thinks it time for same sex marriage, fine -- but if that someone is gay we should run from same sex marriage the way Dracula runs from the sun.
But do you do this? No -- what you do instead is learn gay activist talking points by rote and repeat them here.
Gays are train wrecks.
What part of that don't you understand?
Baseless repetition, the sin qua non of idiots.

Level 1

Location hidden

#149827 Jul 10, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>You made the statement, now answer the question.
What do you mean by a new category of entitlement? Please expound on this third, fourth and fifth and sixth gender stuff.
Name the six genders
What are the new entitlements that same sex marriage will bring.
Give him a minute. He's got to call massresistance headquarters and let them know he deviated from the script. It will take them some time to word up the appropriate obfuscatory response!!!!
FO and GTS

La Puente, CA

#149829 Jul 10, 2012
This topic keeps coming back from the grave!

Stupid is as stupid does, just give it a rest since neither side has won a since inch of ground over this topic.

FO and GTS
RiversideRedneck

Long Beach, CA

#149830 Jul 10, 2012
I'm going to stop posting here. I've been living a lie since I am actually gay myself. I was just pretending to be straight to keep this going.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Level 4

Since: Aug 09

Athens, GA

#149832 Jul 10, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by a new category of entitlement? Please expound on this third, fourth and fifth and sixth gender stuff.
I mean, you're an idiot for promoting the notion that the only issue in play is same-sex marriage. I mean, whenever a supporter of same-sex marriage says the only goal is equal rights he's either a liar or ignorant ... or an ignorant liar.

At the heart of same-sex marriage is the normalization of homosexuality. Gays tell us homosexuality is normal, but for 70 years the APA told us homosexuality was abnormal.

Worse still, once the APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental disorders, several experts charged the APA with being pressured to do this from gays within the APA and gay activists without.
http://www.obamnesty.com/index.php...

If this is true we're now treating a form of mental illness as a variation of normality which is the same kind of ignorance governments displayed in the middle age when they misdiagnosed mental illness as being possessed by demons.

Straights who support same sex marriage can't see the trees for the forest. They can't see how they're aiding and abetting a return to superstition and ignorance. Homosexuals certainly don't know if what they're advocating is good for society -- worse still, they really don't care. As they've shown time and again, the only thing they care about is unfettered access to unlimited sex. They'll do anything -- tell any lie!-- for unfettered access to unlimited sex.

Straight morons who support same sex marriage are simply stupid. They're like the gullible fools of old who offered up their children to human sacrifice.

They're really that stupid -- but with a twist:

They're offering up everyone's kids to these sex cultists.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#149834 Jul 10, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the spectacle was started by those attempting to deny us our right to assemble. You lose again.
<quoted text>
Yes there is.
<quoted text>
Obviously your interaction with gay people consists of watching old episodes of Soap. This is 2012, educate yourself. And if some gay men act like woman and some gay women act more like men.....SO THE FUCK WHAT? How are you affected by this? How does it impact your life? Seriously, THIS is what you consider a problem, or a valid reason to dislike an entire sect of people? Wow, exactly HOW insecure are you?
aaawww what's wrong? Didn't get your rim job of the day...? Grumpy lil bitch.
You fags have "assembled" plenty of times & you know it. And SO WHAT if someone tries to stop you from doing it, that's OUR RIGHTS TOO BITCH!! You lose.
I consider it a problem because men are SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE MEN, NOT ACT LIKE WOMEN. Sorry if you can't accept the fact that not everyone must agree with you because I totally disagree. And that is also MY RIGHT!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#149836 Jul 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean, you're an idiot for promoting the notion that the only issue in play is same-sex marriage. I mean, whenever a supporter of same-sex marriage says the only goal is equal rights he's either a liar or ignorant ... or an ignorant liar.
At the heart of same-sex marriage is the normalization of homosexuality. Gays tell us homosexuality is normal, but for 70 years the APA told us homosexuality was abnormal.
Worse still, once the APA removed homosexuality from its list of mental disorders, several experts charged the APA with being pressured to do this from gays within the APA and gay activists without.
http://www.obamnesty.com/index.php...
If this is true we're now treating a form of mental illness as a variation of normality which is the same kind of ignorance governments displayed in the middle age when they misdiagnosed mental illness as being possessed by demons.
Straights who support same sex marriage can't see the trees for the forest. They can't see how they're aiding and abetting a return to superstition and ignorance. Homosexuals certainly don't know if what they're advocating is good for society -- worse still, they really don't care. As they've shown time and again, the only thing they care about is unfettered access to unlimited sex. They'll do anything -- tell any lie!-- for unfettered access to unlimited sex.
Straight morons who support same sex marriage are simply stupid. They're like the gullible fools of old who offered up their children to human sacrifice.
They're really that stupid -- but with a twist:
They're offering up everyone's kids to these sex cultists.
You're so right. I think your words are falling on deaf ears...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#149837 Jul 10, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm going to stop posting here. I've been living a lie since I am actually gay myself. I was just pretending to be straight to keep this going.
How cute. You stole my screen name.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#149838 Jul 10, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm only here until you present the top 5 of the "dangers" you stated that homosexuality causes. Once you do that I'll be glad to leave.
All I said was tell the truth about the dangers of a homosexual relationship. The rest might be in your mind. Wow u sure got it going today, what are u drinking?

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#149839 Jul 10, 2012
"At the heart of same-sex marriage is the normalization of homosexuality."

I partially agree with you here... although homosexuality is not as abnormal as some would have you believe.

APA/70 years/pressured...etc.

Yes, they classified it as an illness for 70 years, then they took a closer look, and realized they were wrong. Some disagreed with the declassification, but as the science advances they are finding fewer and fewer ways to support their arguments.

Straight people supporting gays - Stupid? After all this time YOU still struggle to find ONE legitimate reason to deny SSM to tax-paying Americans. Knock off the tired cliches about children. People like you don't give a rat's ass about children until it's convenient to recycle the "what about the children" mantra. It hypocrisy at its ugliest.

Stupid? I don't use this phrase often, but "LOL." You are stupid for wanting to deny rights to people who aren't harming you, and not even having a valid reason for doing so. Grow up and get over it.

Prof Marvel

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Level 4

Since: Aug 09

Athens, GA

#149840 Jul 10, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
"At the heart of same-sex marriage is the normalization of homosexuality."
I partially agree with you here... although homosexuality is not as abnormal as some would have you believe.
APA/70 years/pressured...etc.
Yes, they classified it as an illness for 70 years, then they took a closer look, and realized they were wrong. Some disagreed with the declassification, but as the science advances they are finding fewer and fewer ways to support their arguments.
You're making it up as you go and it shows.
Yes, they classified it as an illness for 70 years, then they took a closer look, and realized they were wrong.
"Closer look"? Admit it, you have no idea what you're talking about.

What "closer look"

Tell us exactly what they found while taking this "closer look."

And be specific.

And don't worry -- I won't hold my breath.

“Your religion is NOT in charge”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Columbus

#149845 Jul 10, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making it up as you go and it shows.
<quoted text>
"Closer look"? Admit it, you have no idea what you're talking about.
What "closer look"
Tell us exactly what they found while taking this "closer look."
And be specific.
And don't worry -- I won't hold my breath.
Freud, 1935:
"Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation, it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc.). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime, and cruelty too..."

----------

Alfred C. Kinsey, 1848
Many more American adults than previously suspected had engaged in homosexual behavior or had experienced same-sex fantasies. This finding cast doubt on the widespread assumption that homosexuality was practiced only by a small number of social misfits.

----------
Ford and Beach, 1957:
"In a review of published scientific studies and archival data, Ford and Beach (1951) found that homosexual behavior was widespread among various nonhuman species and in a large number of human societies."

----------

Evelyn Hooker, 1957:
"Hooker administered three projective tests (the Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test [TAT], and Make-A-Picture-Story [MAPS] Test) to 30 homosexual males and 30 heterosexual males recruited through community organizations. The two groups were matched for age, IQ, and education. None of the men were in therapy at the time of the study.
Unaware of each subject's sexual orientation, two independent Rorschach experts evaluated the men's overall adjustment using a 5-point scale. They classified two-thirds of the heterosexuals and two-thirds of the homosexuals in the three highest categories of adjustment. When asked to identify which Rorschach protocols were obtained from homosexuals, the experts could not distinguish respondents' sexual orientation at a level better than chance."

----------

From a list of APA resolutions:
"Some psychologists and psychiatrists still hold negative personal attitudes toward homosexuality. However, empirical evidence and professional norms do not support the idea that homosexuality is a form of mental illness or is inherently linked to psychopathology."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delano Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karina Hernandez 1 hr Steph 85
Dominic The Snich 11 hr Hash 3
Delano 13 hr Halos 2
Curious guy here needing DL quickie 19 hr Curious 13
Jimmy 19 hr Caliguy559 1
West side Delano Ryder gang members 20 hr Tally 2
Cassandra IHOP 21 hr chole 17

Delano Jobs

Personal Finance

Delano Mortgages