Jury finds Madison officer guilty of ...

Jury finds Madison officer guilty of disorderly conduct

There are 51 comments on the The Journal Times story from Aug 17, 2006, titled Jury finds Madison officer guilty of disorderly conduct. In it, The Journal Times reports that:

WAUKESHA, Wis. - A Madison police detective was found guilty of a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct Wednesday for a disruption in a Delafield neighborhood in December 2004.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Journal Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Howard Sobczyk

AOL

#1 Aug 19, 2006
I knew Mike Grogan when we were Detectives in the Milwaukee Police Department. He was one of the most aggressive and fearless Officers I've had the pleasure to work with. His leaving Milwaukee to join the Madison Police Department was Madison's gain and Milwaukee's loss. To find him guilty of disorderly conduct is a travesty of justice. The jury should be ashamed.
Jeff

AOL

#2 Apr 15, 2007
Mike Grogan was one of the hardest working, most effective detectives that I've ever had a pleasure to serve with. The fact that 12 people ignored testioy from a doctor that Grogan received a concussion from a car accident that affected his conduct is evidence that the jurors in Waukesha County have very little concern for due process. This decison was a true miscarriage of justice.
GCID 1995

AOL

#3 Apr 17, 2007
Michael Grogan served on the Milw. PD gang squad for many years. Along with a group of other coppers in the gang unit, he took hundreds of guns off the streets of some of this city's toughest neighborhoods. He always fought for what he believed was right and sometimes hacked off the powers that be.
Carlos

Kansas City, MO

#4 Apr 21, 2007
GROGAN'S AN OUTSTANDING COPPER. NO DOUBT HE GOT THE SHORT END OF THE STICK ON THIS ONE.

"HEY, OMBRE: NO PERMITA QUE LOS BASTARDOS LE MUELAN HACIA ABAJO!"
Kelly

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 May 18, 2007
Not only is Grogan a great cop, but an outstanding individual. Anyone would be lucky to have him on their side.

Mad-town is trashing the reputation of a good officer who rarely if ever called in sick, who worked his tail off. What a shame.
Scary

Kansas City, MO

#6 Jun 9, 2007
You know Mike's not going to get a fair shake with the PC crowd in Madison. Hang in there brother!
Dirty Cop

Edgerton, WI

#7 Jun 11, 2007
A dirty cop gets what he deserves! There was most definately something behind the charges....Be Warned Madison. Get him off the force for good!!!
Holly-Milwaukee

AOL

#8 Jun 15, 2007
"Dirty Cop" definitely (spelled correctly) has no clue as to the qualities and professionalism of Officer Michael Grogan. The positive comments about Officer Grogan in this blog were obviously submitted by folks who know him and the facts of his arrest and subsequent conviction.
Be warned Madison

Edgerton, WI

#9 Jun 18, 2007
These are obviously his ignorant friends who keep posting this positive crap about this "officer"

Do your homework...look at the file in the Milwaukee courthouse. The truth is there.

Do you really want to deal with a corrupt cop on the streets of Madison? You may be his next victum....
Don

AOL

#10 Jun 19, 2007
This from the JSOnline:

TUESDAY, June 19, 2007

"Charge filed over false Myspace page
A New Berlin man has been charged in connection with posting a fake Myspace.com page about a police officer, marking the second time in about a year that someone has been arrested or ticketed on suspicion of creating phony profiles about city officers on the social networking Web site.

"Joshua W. Bachert, 19, is accused of defaming Officer Tony Pine, a school resource officer at New Berlin West High School, by placing a bogus profile on Myspace.

"The profile, under the name "Tony" and showing a photo of the New Berlin Police Department shoulder patch, included a biography that said, in part: "I love watching Pee-wee's Playhouse, I love enforcing the law, lying to people, hitting on underage girls, harassing innocent students," according to the criminal complaint filed in the case.

"Bachert is scheduled to make his initial appearance in court on June 27. If convicted of the misdemeanor defamation charge, Bachert faces up to nine months in jail."
----------
As reported last week on DrudgeReport.com it only takes two subopoenas
Holly

AOL

#11 Jun 19, 2007
It appears the gal from Clinton, now learning how to spell, should get some home-schooling and perhaps someone to read the post #10 submitted by Don. To publicly call a police officer "corrupt" is kind of strong and in this case, certainly unjustified. It will be entertaining to see the name of the abuser published in a Clinton newspaper and some media outlet when charged. I've arrested wannabe fire fighters for arson. To watch a wannabe officer receive similar justice will be exciting and fulfilling.

Since: Jun 07

AOL

#12 Jun 19, 2007
Be warned Madison wrote:
These are obviously his ignorant friends who keep posting this positive crap about this "officer"
Do your homework...look at the file in the Milwaukee courthouse. The truth is there.
Do you really want to deal with a corrupt cop on the streets of Madison? You may be his next victum....
It's V-I-C-T-I-M. Now use it several times in a sentence and try to spell it correctly from memory. Practice, practice......practice!!
Carlos

Kansas City, MO

#13 Jun 20, 2007
It's easy to keep it positive because Officer Mike Grogan is a positive influence. People who think negatively have an ax to grind.
Brian

Concord, NH

#14 Sep 14, 2007
It has been my experience that we have Many corrupt Police "Officers" in Madison. I have watched them lie time and time again. Good luck in making a dent in Madisons Corrupt department. They cover for each other. I dont think its like this any where but Madison.
Brian

Concord, NH

#15 Sep 14, 2007
SUE ARMAGOST This is a police "Officer" Id watch!! A warning to all law fearing citizens Armagost has in my opinion Her own adgenda!
Jon

Sun Prairie, WI

#16 Sep 14, 2007
No one needs to defend Mike Grogan. His record speaks for itself. There area few simple-minded here taking cheap shots - when you're the victim, you'll be crying like a baby for cops like Mike Grogan to come save you!
Karen

United States

#17 Sep 16, 2007

For someone to call Mr. Grogan "dirty" doesn't know the meaning. Mr. Grogan has never hurt anyone is any way shape or form and if you know anything...even a little something about this case you'd KNOW it!

Sounds like cop-haters out there...I wonder why? Perhaps they were on the "other" side of the law at one time or perhaps Mr. Grogan is such a GOOD cop that he made you look bad.

If Grogan is such a bad cop why was he going to be making Detective? Maybe because he is hard working, decent and loves his job...even in Madison.
Dave

United States

#18 Sep 16, 2007
Brian's kind of mixed up. Chief Noble Wray's regime has problems with the truth and covering things up. If a rank 'n file cop does something, unless they're a bunch of suck ups, they get jammed. The higher ups' misconduct Wray isn't too concerned about. It's a do as as I say, not as I do police department.

Someone ask Chief Wray about his "Walk on the Wild Side" (see the Badger Blogger) when he lost his credentials. Wray never reported it, which is against police proceedures and falls under being untruthful. Did he recieve any punishment for this....ah, no.
Bart

Concord, NH

#19 Oct 2, 2007
Student hurt, teacher placed on leave
Susan Troller 9/28/2007 10:18 am

A teacher at Madison's Whitehorse Middle School was placed on administrative leave today following an incident in which a student's father says the teacher squeezed and burned the 7th-grader's hand as she held a wood-burning pen during his class.

The school district confirmed this morning that a teacher at the east side middle school is not teaching today and will not be in school pending completion of an investigation into what happened during his class Wednesday.

Because there have been no charges filed and the investigation into the incident is pending, The Capital Times is not identifying the teacher.

District spokesman Joe Quick said it is common practice for staff to be put on leave while an investigation involving a personnel issue is under way.

In addition to the Madison school district's investigation, the Madison Police Department was at Whitehorse Wednesday afternoon in response to the incident, but department spokesman Joel DeSpain said this morning that no arrests were made and that the incident has been turned over to the schools for follow-up. As of this morning, no police report was available for review.

The 7th-grader's father contacted The Capital Times and said his daughter was treated at University Hospital Wednesday. He said that photos of her hand were taken and that X-rays taken during the examination showed that the 12-year-old student suffered soft tissue damage but no apparent broken bones. He said his daughter suffered first-degree burns from the pen.

According to the father, the incident took place at the end of shop class when the teacher was trying to hurry students during cleanup.

The teacher "says it was an accident and that he told the students twice to clean up. Our daughter said she didn't hear him. Apparently he got mad, grabbed her hand and squeezed it while she was holding the wood-burning pen," the father said.

Efforts to reach the teacher this morning were unsuccessful because he has no listed phone number in the district's directory or the Madison phone book. Please Repost this. If a cop is honest then why wont he do something about this. Twenty eye wittnesses!
Bart

Concord, NH

#20 Oct 2, 2007
I think Armagost is such a suck up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delafield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) Jul 24 fuuny 21
The Spaming May '17 Atleast Its Alloqed 1
News Should Sex Predators Have Identifying License P... (Mar '07) Apr '17 eskaysea 73
women snapchat slaves;) (Dec '14) Oct '16 Lex 2
News Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state ... (May '15) May '15 Concerned in Pewa... 1
NO NO NO New Fire Station (Feb '14) Feb '14 poached eggs 2
News Obituary: Angela Meghan McCarron (Aug '13) Aug '13 Andy Patterson 1

Delafield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delafield Mortgages