Del Rio needs new Stadium Complex
El Mocho

Eagle Pass, TX

#21 Jun 12, 2012
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you little schmoe, the only one that pays for that stuff are people like me and your dad. If it happens I hope he cuts your allowance so he can pay the increased property taxes.
Ohhh wow did I hurt your feelings. You must be one of those Business owners Huh !!! or are related and I hit the nail in it's head !!!!! Enough politics it's time to step up to the plate and fight back !!! This town is just going back to the stone age !!!!!!!!!!
El Veterano

Eagle Pass, TX

#22 Jun 12, 2012
El Mocho wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a shame how they are going to spend 1.5 million to renovate the field, when they should be spending more to build a New Stadium sport complex. Our children deserve better. All the surrounding cities are building new sports complexes for there schools yet Del Rio can't, why ???? We have all this hot shot business owners with lots of money that own businness on Veterans the same ones that are not letting Del Rio Grow because they do not want to share the wealth. Well come on now step up to the plate and help our school district !!!!!! I guess you all just do not want our city to grow, it's time to start Talking and step up for our children before they all graduate from the stone age Huh !!!!!!
I agree Bro !!!! It's time to stand up an fight back !!!! Like someone else said even Hondo has a new stadium !!! We have to go to the School District Meetings and voice our opinions !!!!
Driller

Euless, TX

#23 Jun 12, 2012
Del Rio unfortunately is staying behind compared to other school districts!
We pay chingos of taxes and yet the city remains the same!
Truth

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jun 12, 2012
We dont have to measure the success of a city by a sports complex...first there must be success in the education of our students then there can be the investment in the "wants"...if our students are doing well in sports without the need of a multi-million dollar sports complex then great!...our taxes can be spent elsewhere like in the academics since that is why you are sending your kids to school in the first place!
yo y que

United States

#25 Jun 12, 2012
Very true, but it would be nice to have a sports complex for a semi-pro baseball team that We should have gotten.
Manu20

San Antonio, TX

#26 Jun 12, 2012
A new complex can be built but you have greedy city and school officials that need to benefit from it in order for it to be built.
Yes

San Antonio, TX

#27 Jun 12, 2012
yo y que wrote:
Very true, but it would be nice to have a sports complex for a semi-pro baseball team that We should have gotten.
I second that!...the city and or private investors should invest in a sports venue
chanklita

Del Rio, TX

#28 Jun 12, 2012
wow! fighting over a stadium. Fight for quality education of your children. It is a well known fact that funds get diverted from special education to fund things like sports, as if our special ed kids arent worth anything. Its disgusting.
Texan

Eagle Pass, TX

#29 Jun 12, 2012
El Mocho wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a shame how they are going to spend 1.5 million to renovate the field, when they should be spending more to build a New Stadium sport complex. Our children deserve better. All the surrounding cities are building new sports complexes for there schools yet Del Rio can't, why ???? We have all this hot shot business owners with lots of money that own businness on Veterans the same ones that are not letting Del Rio Grow because they do not want to share the wealth. Well come on now step up to the plate and help our school district !!!!!! I guess you all just do not want our city to grow, it's time to start Talking and step up for our children before they all graduate from the stone age Huh !!!!!!
That's laughable. Half of Del Rio doesn't pay anything in taxes. And here you are with your hand out wanting the wealthy folks to step in and pay even more than they already do.

This is what our society has become. We deserve free healthcare. We deserve more government money. We deserve a new Sports Complex. The rich people need to pay for even more of our stuff. So effing typical.

You don't deserve anything. You can work hard and put yourself in a place where you can donate money but stop pissing and moaning that the wealthy folks are not doing enough. How are they not letting Del Rio grow? Because in your little pea brain your kids don't have a good enough sports complex? Get off your butt and start a fundraising campaign.

But please stop the incessant whining.
Dave

Houston, TX

#30 Jun 13, 2012
yo y que wrote:
Spend millions for a semi pro basketball team? LOL, ridiculous. Its funny this is such a narrow interest, few care about a semi pro basketball team. Why don't you raise donations to have to our precious semipro basketball team instead of having the town at gunpoint take our money for it. You people just don't get it. You live in some kind of make believe fantasy land and act like the money just pops out of thin air. I'll tell ya, anyone that earns a paycheck, that's who gets hit with these fantasies. Keep it up and soon the Lone Star card crowd will get hit and hurt too.
Dave

Houston, TX

#31 Jun 13, 2012
Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's laughable. Half of Del Rio doesn't pay anything in taxes. And here you are with your hand out wanting the wealthy folks to step in and pay even more than they already do.
This is what our society has become. We deserve free healthcare. We deserve more government money. We deserve a new Sports Complex. The rich people need to pay for even more of our stuff. So effing typical.
You don't deserve anything. You can work hard and put yourself in a place where you can donate money but stop pissing and moaning that the wealthy folks are not doing enough. How are they not letting Del Rio grow? Because in your little pea brain your kids don't have a good enough sports complex? Get off your butt and start a fundraising campaign.
What do you mean by rich. Most people that work aren't rich yet its those folk that get hurt the most. They are rich and they aren't mooches either. They just work and get killed on property taxes because that is the only way to raise money.
Devil doll

San Antonio, TX

#32 Jun 13, 2012

A fundraiser for a million dollar sports complex? How ignorant does that sound. Kids in Del Rio need to stay off the drugs and dope dealing it is a fabulous idea.

Level 7

Since: Mar 12

Del Rio, TX

#33 Jun 13, 2012
What is laughable is how you think that a new sports complex is going to keep anyone from dealing or consuming drugs!
the ones that are out there dealing drugs, do it because they like the easy money.
While a new sports complex might benefit some, do not be so naive as to think that it will keep dealers from dealing and users from using.
And what is wrong with a fundraiser? while you may not be able to raise a million dollars, every little bit will help. can you think of a better way to find out if the community is really behind this grand sports complex?
If you don't own property, you don't pay school taxes.
How about the people that don't pay school taxes pitching in with some hard cash? It doesn't have to be much, but every little bit helps.

How about all those people that live in acuna and send their kids to school in Del Rio pay for their education!!

There are US citizens living in acuna, that send their kids to school here. Why should they get away with not paying school taxes?
It's their choice where they want to live, but why should the tax paying citizens pay for their kid's education!

Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#34 Jun 14, 2012
Why not rennovate the current stadium? Some times older is better (example wrigley field, Kyle Field, Sun Bowl, etc) Build a winning tradition and that facility will be considered a symbol of hard work and success. Not everything new is better!!
Manu20

Victoria, TX

#35 Jun 14, 2012
memberme wrote:
Why not rennovate the current stadium? Some times older is better (example wrigley field, Kyle Field, Sun Bowl, etc) Build a winning tradition and that facility will be considered a symbol of hard work and success. Not everything new is better!!
Not when you have an outdated press box that has no elevator and no air conditioning.
Del Rio

Eagle Pass, TX

#36 Jun 14, 2012
"A fundraiser for a million dollar sports complex? How ignorant does that sound. Kids in Del Rio need to stay off the drugs and dope dealing it is a fabulous idea."

It sounds no more ignorant than the earlier post stating that the "hot shot business owners on Veterans with lots of cash" should foot the bill. If you think it's a fabulous idea, get off your butt and try and find investors. Or start a fundraising campaign.

Or, if you want, bust your ass creating a successful business and you can donate your own money to the project.

Otherwise, feel free to complain on Topix. I'm sure that will get the job done.
El Mocho

Eagle Pass, TX

#37 Jun 14, 2012
Del Rio wrote:
"A fundraiser for a million dollar sports complex? How ignorant does that sound. Kids in Del Rio need to stay off the drugs and dope dealing it is a fabulous idea."
It sounds no more ignorant than the earlier post stating that the "hot shot business owners on Veterans with lots of cash" should foot the bill. If you think it's a fabulous idea, get off your butt and try and find investors. Or start a fundraising campaign.
Or, if you want, bust your ass creating a successful business and you can donate your own money to the project.
Otherwise, feel free to complain on Topix. I'm sure that will get the job done.
Ohhh wow did I hurt your feelings. You must be one of those Business owners Huh !!! or are related and I hit the nail in it's head !!!!! Enough politics it's time to step up to the plate and fight back !!! This town is just going back to the stone age !!!!!!!!!! Your the same reason we do not get big Name Business in Del Rio , cause you guys are so Stingy and are afraid your business will close down. The bottom line is every City around us is better than Del Rio, thats why our children graduate and leave Del Rio, theres nothing here !!!!!!!!!! So why not a New Sports Complex for our future Del Rio Ram's . Oh and yes I will continue to complain and voice my opinion here and on the streets. If a business can donate $5000 to $10,000 for a Firework show Im sure they can also get Donations from Wal -Mart, HEB,Home Depot,Taco Bell and all other business on Veterans, or am I right that they are Stingy !!!! So if the shoe fits wear it !!!!!!!!!!
Del Rio

Eagle Pass, TX

#38 Jun 14, 2012
El Mocho wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh wow did I hurt your feelings. You must be one of those Business owners Huh !!! or are related and I hit the nail in it's head !!!!! Enough politics it's time to step up to the plate and fight back !!! This town is just going back to the stone age !!!!!!!!!! Your the same reason we do not get big Name Business in Del Rio , cause you guys are so Stingy and are afraid your business will close down. The bottom line is every City around us is better than Del Rio, thats why our children graduate and leave Del Rio, theres nothing here !!!!!!!!!! So why not a New Sports Complex for our future Del Rio Ram's . Oh and yes I will continue to complain and voice my opinion here and on the streets. If a business can donate $5000 to $10,000 for a Firework show Im sure they can also get Donations from Wal -Mart, HEB,Home Depot,Taco Bell and all other business on Veterans, or am I right that they are Stingy !!!! So if the shoe fits wear it !!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping that you would post again. And no, you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm wondering if you can elaborate on why successful business owners (you call them Stingy, with a capital letter?) would oppose a new sports center? Can you do that? Or is it that you want these "Stingy" owners to pay for it. I'm sure they would welcome the new venue. Why do you think they would not?

By all means El Mocho, continue your fight for a new complex. I'm just saying that now matter how many exclamation points you use (!!!!!) or how many people you convince "on the streets" or on a website that is filled with morons,(Topix) you won't get your complex.

I'm sure that in this economic downturn, a lot of businesses are buttoning up and not investing cash in all sorts of venues. You'd do well to read up on the state of the economy in the United States. We're in a recession. A big one. And it's not going away.

Stop crying about a sports complex and start crying about the unemployment rate.!!!!!!!!!I guess you think that what makes a point, so I did it as well)
bahhumbug

Del Rio, TX

#39 Jun 14, 2012
Manu20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when you have an outdated press box that has no elevator and no air conditioning.
elevator? air conditioning? press? The only press i see consists of individuals who should be climbing stairs; not using elevators. If the box were to be renovated, i hope the press has to climb 50 flights of stairs until they reach their designated box. Maybe air-conditioners can be added as a reward and relief for successfully making it to the top.

There are so many more important things than a football stadium renovation.
Dave

Houston, TX

#40 Jun 15, 2012
Manu20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this keeping Madden and Al Michaels from calling the games LOL. Hahaha, who gives a sh!t. Go to WallyWorld and buy a fan. I'll chip in, there's your new complex lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 13 min Curious 6
Que le paso al licensiado Ruben Niņo??? (Aug '11) 14 min cindy 6
Justin galindo 16 min Mike 2
where are they hiring 21 min Elwood 6
George Cuevas? 28 min Bella 25
drcc 29 min Off Road Med Supp... 2
Maricela Bosquez 48 min Caves are Scary 2
Proposed start school delay time 11 hr esther 68
More from around the web

Personal Finance