First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ConcernedCitizen

Del Rio, TX

#1 Jan 8, 2013
What do you think about the animal cruelty going on here in Del Rio?
concerned

Houston, TX

#2 Jan 8, 2013
ConcernedCitizen wrote:
What do you think about the animal cruelty going on here in Del Rio?
what cruelty?
me2you

Del Rio, TX

#3 Jan 8, 2013
go to pet wish's facebook page and read up on it
great truth

Ballwin, MO

#4 Jan 8, 2013
The pound spraying dogs with cold water in freezing temperatures and failing to provide medical treatments to seriously injured dogs and when approached claim to euthanize an injured puppy if we cause an uproar really pathetic. That's the great truth about del rio
great truth

Ballwin, MO

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Pets wish this is already on the city's Facebook page po po involved animal cruelty case
great truth

Ballwin, MO

#6 Jan 8, 2013
SPCA needs to be called and probably will
citizen

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 8, 2013
great truth wrote:
Oh it has!!!:)
me2you

Del Rio, TX

#8 Jan 8, 2013
I hope so. Very disturbing and unfortunate incident.
Girl

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2013
great truth wrote:
So why don't you call then quit yapping and start calling
boy

Ballwin, MO

#10 Jan 8, 2013
Girl how old are you tell me about yourself
Anonymous

Lampasas, TX

#11 Jan 9, 2013
its always been like THAT!!!!
shame

Del Rio, TX

#12 Jan 9, 2013
There is a special place in hell for anyone that mistreats animals. Im sure the animal control employee just got his reserved seat for not caring for this little dog.
Yup

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jan 9, 2013
boy wrote:
Girl how old are you tell me about yourself
Lol dude you're pathetic. Are you really that desperate to meet a girl?
lol

Houston, TX

#16 Jan 9, 2013
I don't know what's more ridiculous this post orthefactthat Crosby like always over stepping his boundaries. When did all of a sudden begin to care for animals when he couldn't even claim his own daughter... ridiculous. I believe the reason for a detective termination was over stepping boundaries. Now as far asthe pet wish foundation, why don't they saythe truth that the city ( where we pay tax dollars to) have heaters for these animals. If these idiots would like to try it out at night they canspend the night. Oh... and just so people know, the pet wish foundation doesn't adopt all animals, only the ones they know they can make money off. Open up your eyes De Rio, these people make money off irresponsible pet owners.
Pets Wish

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jan 9, 2013
lol wrote:
I don't know what's more ridiculous this post orthefactthat Crosby like always over stepping his boundaries. When did all of a sudden begin to care for animals when he couldn't even claim his own daughter... ridiculous. I believe the reason for a detective termination was over stepping boundaries. Now as far asthe pet wish foundation, why don't they saythe truth that the city ( where we pay tax dollars to) have heaters for these animals. If these idiots would like to try it out at night they canspend the night. Oh... and just so people know, the pet wish foundation doesn't adopt all animals, only the ones they know they can make money off. Open up your eyes De Rio, these people make money off irresponsible pet owners.
When it comes down to it, a Pets Wish is trying to place animals in homes. Friends of Del Rio Animals is an organization that has been working with the city of Del Rio for years, trying to get in and do more for the animals. A Pet's Wish is new to the scene and did a great job of utilizing social media (Facebook) and made a name for themselves quickly. I wish more pet owners in Del Rio were more responsible for their animals.
TJR

Del Rio, TX

#19 Jan 9, 2013
You got that right , people need to understand that this facility is not a rescue facility they follow state laws. Council people need to read up on the state laws on what the pound can do and what they are not required to do . Stop letting these organization and others push there authority around . The pound does have heaters for the winter and air conditioners in the summer. These men do a damn good job in protecting the community and should be appreciated a little more . These organization have tried to take over on how the City does there job , they need to step back and let them do there job. Mr. Canales you are doing an excellent job do not let these idiots tell you other wise keep up the good work. Thank you for working on that new facility which will have heating and air and more room to better care for all these animals .
shame

Ballwin, MO

#20 Jan 9, 2013
TJR wrote:
You got that right , people need to understand that this facility is not a rescue facility they follow state laws. Council people need to read up on the state laws on what the pound can do and what they are not required to do . Stop letting these organization and others push there authority around . The pound does have heaters for the winter and air conditioners in the summer. These men do a damn good job in protecting the community and should be appreciated a little more . These organization have tried to take over on how the City does there job , they need to step back and let them do there job. Mr. Canales you are doing an excellent job do not let these idiots tell you other wise keep up the good work. Thank you for working on that new facility which will have heating and air and more room to better care for all these animals .
I wish there was a way to unread this post! Mr. Canales doing am excellent job!!?? Please! Bottom line is that injured animal was hurt and was under the city's pound responsibility. Its very very sad that no one in that department had the heart to seek treatment for that injured dog, who's injuries were serious enough cause the animal died. A pets wish is doing a great job putting this under fire! Keep it up, dont back down. This should never happen again!
full of it

Houston, TX

#21 Jan 9, 2013
TJR wrote:
LOL... PATHETIC MUCH LOL.... I swear such bull s*** R u a friend of this coward or his wife?? If it weren't for a pets wish alot of these poor little animals wouldn't be here!!
TJR

Del Rio, TX

#22 Jan 9, 2013
No, not friends of anybody pet wish and friends of del rio should come together and all that money you all get from adoptions , donations and fund raisers you all should buy a facility and go out and rescue all the injured animals in del rio and hold the owners accountable for not caring for there pets . Both organizations have good intention and that is admirable , but there is a line that should not be cross when others are doing there job come together with officials and see what can be done to better the situation and learn about what they can do and what they don't have to do before you go out and point fingers . End of that story .
hmm

Del Rio, TX

#23 Jan 9, 2013
The city said it offered the dog for adoption to one of the organizations. Dogs life wasn't worth $25? Or is the city lying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dbledford lafb 6 min i was there 21
Ashley C 20 min Fed up 2
Paybacks: Rowland, Eloy 30 min Why ? 302
Rene Marin / Dora Sanchez (Soto) 1 hr Milfer II 4
George paul memorial 1 hr Mocking Bird 11
Bedell clinic 1 hr Irma vargas 5
Virginia Coreira 2 hr Frankie 6
Doran Gulley & Etzel 6 hr Radiology 23
Del Rio Dating
Find my Match