Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23433 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13522 Aug 9, 2012
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>
What does one have to do with the other? We're talking tax returns, not school records. Romney hasn't released his school records from "Jr high on" either. Name a president or presidential candidate that has released his school records.
But Obama as the norm for presidential candidates HAS released his tax returns.
You obviously don't operate on a factual basis as you claim Obama's records are hidden yet you pretend to be reading from them.
Your bigotry is what's eating you up inside.
It's about honesty and hypocrisy. Obama refuses to release his school records and doesn't see a problem with that while at the same time invents a claim that Romney hasn't paid taxes in many years and makes an issue claiming he's hiding something.
If its so important that candidates release ALL of their records, why won't Obama release his school records? What has he worked so hard to hide? If all his claims about his past are true, then what is he hiding?
And I believe every president has released their school records. Do you remember Bush getting hammered for being a C student at Yale?
I think obama is hiding something.
WEP

Canton, GA

#13523 Aug 9, 2012
bet ya wrote:
And every step of the way claiming to be a foreign exchange student to help get the grants and other special treatments. He knows he has used his lack of citizenship to his advantage...and even if he lied to get the grants, its enough to cost him the election.
This particular lie has is roots in a chain E-mail that was purported to be an AP news story. The fact that it was written on Aril 1st should have been your first clue that it was a hoax. The fact that it was never run in any newspaper should have been your second.

You are bearing false witness against your president. Very un-Christian and unpatriotic if you ask me.

This lie has been repeated so many times that it has become "truth" in the minds of many. Why are so many people so willing to accept a lie just because they think it is good for their team?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZVpp3K5Z2_k/RsCmuTv...
lol

Plainview, TX

#13524 Aug 9, 2012
Something gotta give
WEP

Canton, GA

#13525 Aug 9, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe every president has released their school records. Do you remember Bush getting hammered for being a C student at Yale?
I think obama is hiding something.
Which presidents have released their college records while they were still a candidate?

Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999.
WEP

Canton, GA

#13526 Aug 9, 2012
"Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999."

See:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1999/11/08/1...

Location hidden

#13527 Aug 9, 2012
WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
This particular lie has is roots in a chain E-mail that was purported to be an AP news story. The fact that it was written on Aril 1st should have been your first clue that it was a hoax. The fact that it was never run in any newspaper should have been your second.
You are bearing false witness against your president. Very un-Christian and unpatriotic if you ask me.
This lie has been repeated so many times that it has become "truth" in the minds of many. Why are so many people so willing to accept a lie just because they think it is good for their team?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZVpp3K5Z2_k/RsCmuTv...
If its all a lie, then why not release the records and be done with it? Put it all to rest in one easy move.

Location hidden

#13528 Aug 9, 2012
WEP wrote:
"Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999."
See:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1999/11/08/1...
They may not have released them officially, but none of those candidates had an army of lawyers spending millions of dollars protecting them either. What's so important about those records that so much effort has to spent keeping them secret?
WEP

Canton, GA

#13529 Aug 9, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If its all a lie, then why not release the records and be done with it? Put it all to rest in one easy move.
Just like releasing his birth certificate...twice..."pu t it all to rest in one easy move"?

There is no tradition of presidential candidates releasing their college records. Why do it just to mollify some whiny foot-stompers? They will just claim they are fake records. Besides, this issue is not hurting him politically.
WEP

Canton, GA

#13530 Aug 9, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They may not have released them officially, but none of those candidates had an army of lawyers spending millions of dollars protecting them either. What's so important about those records that so much effort has to spent keeping them secret?
Well now you are repeating lies. This is another oft-repeated but unverifiable smear that has no basis in reality.

It used to be 'hundreds of thousands'...then it was 'a million'...then 'two million'. Now trump is claiming it is up to 4 million that he has spent. What's next? Eleventy gazillion?

There is no army of lawyers being paid to seal his records. They is no need to seal them. They aren't public records.

Please show me a reliable source for your claim that he has spent "millions of dollars" hiding his records. I call BS.

Location hidden

#13531 Aug 9, 2012
WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now you are repeating lies. This is another oft-repeated but unverifiable smear that has no basis in reality.
It used to be 'hundreds of thousands'...then it was 'a million'...then 'two million'. Now trump is claiming it is up to 4 million that he has spent. What's next? Eleventy gazillion?
There is no army of lawyers being paid to seal his records. They is no need to seal them. They aren't public records.
Please show me a reliable source for your claim that he has spent "millions of dollars" hiding his records. I call BS.
So are tax returns public record?
Why is it ok to pressure Romney to release one set of non public records but not ok to ask that Obama do the same with another set of records?

Location hidden

#13532 Aug 9, 2012
WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be in the millions by now. he's been keeping them hidden for his entire term. Lawyers ain't cheap.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13533 Aug 9, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So are tax returns public record?
Why is it ok to pressure Romney to release one set of non public records but not ok to ask that Obama do the same with another set of records?
Because Lord Obama is special.
polo

Corpus Christi, TX

#13534 Aug 9, 2012
Namaste
Level 1

Since: Dec 09

united states

#13535 Aug 9, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be in the millions by now. he's been keeping them hidden for his entire term. Lawyers ain't cheap.
Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?

It doesn't take a lawyer. He simply has to give the school permission to release them and he hasn't and neither has any other president or presidential candidate.

Presidents and presidential candidates HAVE released their tax records. In fact, Romney released 23 years worth of tax returns to the McCain campaign. Why is McCain more important to him than the American public?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13536 Aug 9, 2012
Requiter2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?
It doesn't take a lawyer. He simply has to give the school permission to release them and he hasn't and neither has any other president or presidential candidate.
Presidents and presidential candidates HAVE released their tax records. In fact, Romney released 23 years worth of tax returns to the McCain campaign. Why is McCain more important to him than the American public?
If Obummer is so dang smart, why not break out his school records and prove it?.

Between abortion, gun control, fudgepacker politics and now private records, there is enough to take the public's mind off of the real
issues. The economy is in the crapper, but lets get involved in the
trivial shit anyway and not look at how either one of these puppets
won't do a damn thing that benefits the common voter.

Government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich only. The rest of us get more taxes to pay and more laws to obey. This is the "land of the free"?.

“Behave Yourself”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#13537 Aug 10, 2012
Texan wrote:
You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, and you are always right. In order for you to always be right, you must know everything. As to being hostile, I have not called you any bad or ugly names, oh sorry I guess dumbazz wasn't very nice. And I have not threatened you or wished any harm to befall you. As to etiquette I use it in it's place. I will have a nice day, and I thank you. However I am not your friend. Have a wonderfull day.
Don't know how you deduced what you did, as you presented no evidence. You are right about me not being your friend as you appear unable to agree to disagree. In any case, I'm not angry, and harbor no ill will. It was a wonderful day for me, thanks.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#13538 Aug 10, 2012
Your own posts are all the evidence needed, and if you weren't so sure you are the only one that is always right you would know that I am right about a good many things. But with that not being the case, believe what you will.

Location hidden

#13539 Aug 10, 2012
Requiter2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?"
It was a joke, calm down.

Location hidden

#13540 Aug 10, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Lord Obama is special.
If he was a republican, the press would be foaming at the mouth to know what was in those school records. The press is nothing more the lap dogs of the DNC.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#13541 Aug 10, 2012
Believe it or not the Republicans almost had me convinced that they were the way to go. Then yesterday they reminded me why they aren't. They are for anything that makes them money, and if it harms working people, animals, or the planet they don't give a damn. How a Christian could possibly be a Republican is beyond me. For that matter how can anyone who believes in the word of God follow either party. They are both a bunch of uncareing hipocrits. Trash the planet, kill unborns. I'm sure God frowns on both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook junkies annoying 17 min Jaime S 33
More drama at PD today 28 min oh wow 4
Mona Celedon 32 min Ashley 4
Jon Snow is alive. 53 min Dave 3
School Board Candidates 1 hr 1 28
Lucky man 1 hr You have no morals 4
esgar cabello 2 hr perro 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Del Rio Mortgages