6 Year Old Girl Handcuffed, & Arreste...

6 Year Old Girl Handcuffed, & Arrested In School!!

Posted in the Del Rio Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2012
As I have stated many times before, our schools are out of control. This is due in part, to arrogant administrators, who use and abuse their positions. They also don't like being questioned, about their actions, and prefer to remain quiet when questions are put to them. They are experts at changing words around, and using those same changed words, and stories, to benefit their self serving, & damaging causes.

We are supposed to trust the leadership in our school districts. Certain actions, inactions, and/or events, precipitated by the San Felipe-Del Rio administration, has caused me to have lost all confidence, & trust in our school district.

As an example showcasing the out of control, and lack of control of school administrators, check out the story about the 6 year old, kindergarten girl, who was HANDCUFFED, & ARRESTED as a result of incompetent school administrators. This story has been reported by many news outlets. It occured in Georgia near Atlanta.

As you would suspect, the incompetent school administrators, who cannot even handle a 6 year old little girl, so far have no comment, and have not answered any questions.

Sounds a lot like Del Rio administrators. No Answers!
Wake up Del Rio!!!!!!!
Springdale

Kerrville, TX

#2 Apr 17, 2012
Del Rio schools aren't worth a flip. The Schools call the parents about petty stuff like being late to class. When i was in school (not here in Del Rio) if the students did anything wrong the punishment was detention before or after school. Not giving tickets and send little kids to court and the parents getting stuck with a hefty fine.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 17, 2012
Springdale wrote:
Del Rio schools aren't worth a flip. The Schools call the parents about petty stuff like being late to class. When i was in school (not here in Del Rio) if the students did anything wrong the punishment was detention before or after school. Not giving tickets and send little kids to court and the parents getting stuck with a hefty fine.
While I have never been fined by this discracful school district, I have heard of many other instances where the parents have been fined.
It is understandable that kids make mistakes. What is not understandable is an entity cashing in on those mistakes. Their little cash cow is hurting the hard working parents.

What is done with the money collected from these "mistakes"?
Does that money go to help those students who made "mistakes?
What percent, if any helps the students.
How many teachers, security, janitors, office personal, and administrators have been fined as a result of "mistakes"?
Oh that is right- they don't make mistakes.
Even if they did- No Comment, No Answers, Time to Cover Up Mistakes!
Oh I almost forgot,
San Felipe-Del Rio Administration doesn't answer any questions.
Maybe they should be given a ticket, and fined for not answering questions.
Springdale

Kerrville, TX

#4 Apr 19, 2012
needforjustice wrote:
<quoted text>
While I have never been fined by this discracful school district, I have heard of many other instances where the parents have been fined.
It is understandable that kids make mistakes. What is not understandable is an entity cashing in on those mistakes. Their little cash cow is hurting the hard working parents.
How many teachers, security, janitors, office personal, and administrators have been fined as a result of "mistakes"?
Oh I almost forgot,
Maybe they should be given a ticket, and fined for not answering questions.
I so totally agree
needforjustice

Rockport, TX

#5 Apr 20, 2012
Another issue I have is, if a boy wants to be openly gay he is crucified. I grew up being openly gay and lobbying for equal treatment.
When the school me with my "black boyfriend" things got really bad. Luckily for me, he knew how to console me after school. I want alternative lifestyles taught in this town.
Lmao

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 20, 2012
needforjustice wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I almost forgot,
Maybe they should be given a ticket, and fined
for not answering questions.
It's the law genius. The parents are always the ones who get fines for their child's truancy. I understand that the school system sucks but mentioning the 6 year old who was arrested then getting mad at SFISD for it? Lol First off by mentioning that it sounds like you're trying to talk down on DRPD and SFISD. You have some valid points but it's like getting mad at your husband because you saw a Lifetime movie where the husband cheated.

Location hidden

#7 Apr 20, 2012
Lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the law genius. The parents are always the ones who get fines for their child's truancy. I understand that the school system sucks but mentioning the 6 year old who was arrested then getting mad at SFISD for it? Lol First off by mentioning that it sounds like you're trying to talk down on DRPD and SFISD. You have some valid points but it's like getting mad at your husband because you saw a Lifetime movie where the husband cheated.
You can laugh all you want.
I have always said SFDRCISD is out of control.
I have posted some of the things that have happened to me with my kids, and myself. What administration has done to us, and the way they have handled things, along with their treatment of my family, and from what I hear, other families as well. My opinion is they are out of control,(This district). An out of control school district, coupled with an out of control administration is dangerous to everyone involved. It also gives this city a bad reputation.
What I was doing was pointing out an example of what can happen when a district is out of control. If this district could regain it's control by changing it's very damaging ways, I wouldn't have to come on here with these reminders.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 20, 2012
needforjustice wrote:
Another issue I have is, if a boy wants to be openly gay he is crucified. I grew up being openly gay and lobbying for equal treatment.
When the school me with my "black boyfriend" things got really bad. Luckily for me, he knew how to console me after school. I want alternative lifestyles taught in this town.
You are a sick mind, and I presume a racist, and a biggot.
Not to mind you are also a fake.
Keep it up, and you will get what you have coming to you.
That type of thinking is from the past, and isn't tolerated anymore.
You need to "Wake Up" also.
Miss Jane

Eagle Pass, TX

#9 Apr 21, 2012
Don't blame the school district they are just doing their job. All they wanna do is educate and teach your kids a thing or two about rules and laws.

Now it's not the districts fault you as parents fail to disciplin little Jr or Maria and teach them about laws.

So as a result while your spoil brat of a son or daughter is out skipping class or fighting or telling off a teacher Mommy and Daddy get to pay the fines.
Yup

Arlington, TX

#10 Apr 21, 2012
Miss Jane wrote:
Don't blame the school district they are just doing their job. All they wanna do is educate and teach your kids a thing or two about rules and laws.
Now it's not the districts fault you as parents fail to disciplin little Jr or Maria and teach them about laws.
So as a result while your spoil brat of a son or daughter is out skipping class or fighting or telling off a teacher Mommy and Daddy get to pay the fines.
Exactly...well put.
Lmao

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Apr 21, 2012
What happens to the money.. Del Rio schools do suck!!!The 7th and 8th grade for starters.,
parent

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 21, 2012
The school sux. 7&8 grade. Sooooo many esta they treat them like prisoners. Cant go outside after lunch, can't sit with their friends at lunch they sit boy girl boy girl. Doors to restrooms removed, they make students walk one particular wat afterschool taking them all the way around the fence, pushing them away from the front, can't use their cell afterschool, when I'm just trying to reach my son so he knows I'm close in line. In the hall, all have to walk in one direction. If my sons class us two doors down a reverse way, they STILL make him go alllllk around the way they say JUST to get to class, then he's tardy. Aside from teachers standing out there rolling their eyes and hating their job at duty, the kids I'm sure have peer pressure and family, puberty and studies to worry about let's make school SUCK! Tge teachers don't "care" they label them all bad kids. They don't try to make class fun to just get them interested. No special school activities, just blah blah get in, get out. Bye bye....see ya later. Now worry about HOW MANY KIDS walk the highway so close to traffic, I heard just one council person address this. Who cares about stupid positions needing filling, the kids is,what's important. Show them U ALL CARE bc some don't get that at home. Care for the bad ones MORE, so they don't give up. If we as parents do our job, trust in them that ur on their side. It's their school too. No wonder my son gets in the car frustrated. I would too. Give them air, let them go outside. Put that fat security guard who added and has these kids on his FB to watch them outside during lunch. Hand out a survey, "what would u like to be changed and addressed?" Care. Show respect. They won't respect their elders when u treat them like first graders. Grow up. Mrs principal who was at ruben chavira.
parent

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 21, 2012
Changa, kids aren't monkeys

Go eat bananas.
parent

Dallas, TX

#15 Apr 21, 2012
See, the comment, they don't care. How sad. Glad schools almost over. So he can be in 9th, they know how to act mature.
yesyes

Dallas, TX

#16 Apr 21, 2012
Lmao wrote:
What happens to the money.. Del Rio schools do suck!!!The 7th and 8th grade for starters.,
Barely noticed, yeah they do!

Location hidden

#17 Apr 21, 2012
parent wrote:
Changa, kids aren't monkeys
Go eat bananas.
The students are not monkeys, but the administration are out of control puppets.
ijo

Dallas, TX

#18 Apr 22, 2012
needforjustice wrote:
<quoted text>
The students are not monkeys, but the administration are out of control puppets.
Thats sad, but true!
Lmao

Del Rio, TX

#19 Apr 22, 2012
Yup one more thing,, the schools don't like to be questioned.. I would go in the 7th and 8th grade almost every day, see the gaurds standing in the library talking not doing their job.,, eating Down stairs.. I moved my daughter out of that school fast.. Don't mind paying for her safety..
Santiago-Del Rio

Portland, TX

#20 Apr 22, 2012
"NeedforJustice"
You were complaining about the poor little six-year-old girl from Milledgeville,Georgia who was handcuffed by the police? Why don't you report all the facts and not have selective reporting. Six-year-old Salecia Johnson was accused of tearing items off the walls and throwing books and toys at Creekside Elementary in Milledgeville,a city of about 18,000 some 90 miles from Atlanta. Police said she also threw a small shelf that struck the principal in the leg and jumped on a paper shredder and tried to break a glass frame. The school called police and when an officer tried to calm the girl in the principal's office, she resisted. She was handcuffed and taken away in a patrol car. Interim Police Chief Swicord said the department's policy is to hancuff people when they are taken to the police station, regardless of their age, "for the safety of themselves as well as the officer." This little monkey is only six years old, can you imagine when she is in her teens? Parents today expect the schools,police, government agencies to raise their kids. Discipline, morals and manners should be taught at home. Parents should set an example. By the way, I am not a school employee. School rules and regulations need to be obeyed so the teaching process can occur without interruption.

Location hidden

#21 Apr 22, 2012
Santiago-Del Rio wrote:
"NeedforJustice"
You were complaining about the poor little six-year-old girl from Milledgeville,Georgia who was handcuffed by the police? Why don't you report all the facts and not have selective reporting. Six-year-old Salecia Johnson was accused of tearing items off the walls and throwing books and toys at Creekside Elementary in Milledgeville,a city of about 18,000 some 90 miles from Atlanta. Police said she also threw a small shelf that struck the principal in the leg and jumped on a paper shredder and tried to break a glass frame. The school called police and when an officer tried to calm the girl in the principal's office, she resisted. She was handcuffed and taken away in a patrol car. Interim Police Chief Swicord said the department's policy is to hancuff people when they are taken to the police station, regardless of their age, "for the safety of themselves as well as the officer." This little monkey is only six years old, can you imagine when she is in her teens? Parents today expect the schools,police, government agencies to raise their kids. Discipline, morals and manners should be taught at home. Parents should set an example. By the way, I am not a school employee. School rules and regulations need to be obeyed so the teaching process can occur without interruption.
I see where you are coming from- you called this little girl a "Little Monkey". That alone gives me the impression you are prejudice. This little girl was out of control, that is a fact. I also see babies, toddlers, and 3, and 4 year olds who quite often go out of control. I saw a little kid in Walmart who appeared to be 4-5 years old who looked to be out of control because his parents wouldn't buy a toy the other day. Maybe security should have handcuffed him, and hauled him away also. Maybe a special "Baby, Toddler, and Kindergarten Police" Unit should be for formed, to haul away all kids who have temper tantrums. I think most of our kids would be hauled away at some point, because most kids have temper tantrums at some point.

I was pointing out that the school could have found a better way to handle the situation. I don't believe the principal was really injured. I know for a fact school administration likes to change the facts around to suit their out of control actions, and to justify those same out of control actions. That is my experience here in Del Rio, with our public schools. I was using that story as an example. And yes, the police also like to change the facts around also. I like to think that I have some morals, and can't think of any good justified reason to EVER handcuff little kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shocked by friends secret life 6 min Reality 34
Don't know what to do 11 min Sad 6
m4mw or w4mw 20 min couple 3
Why won't my wife were thongs anymore 27 min My Thong fetish 1
Who knows that girl name drea 29 min need her 2
Dating a supervisor 30 min Ex wife 3
School Board Candidates 30 min Voter 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Del Rio Mortgages