chief selection
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HAHA

Del Rio, TX

#1 Dec 13, 2012
haha lmao the council wants transperancy didn't they reopen the applications a second time to get the guy they want to apply
Mitwo2

Del Rio, TX

#2 Dec 13, 2012
hihi th mayor sys its he city mangagers decision hihi BIG WINK SUUURRREE
AFFAIR

Del Rio, TX

#3 Dec 13, 2012
It will be a joint decision between the city attorney and her mmmm mayor
hmmmm

Del Rio, TX

#4 Dec 13, 2012
I wil take a wil guess if te city attorney and er new squeeze are deciding it will be other DPS guy, his will be the4th
nah

Del Rio, TX

#5 Dec 13, 2012
the only applicant from DPS was James Debrow
Mitchell

Del Rio, TX

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Three examples of people who sued the police and won after rights violations
ē CIVIL RIGHTS
ē JANUARY 3, 2011
ē BY: MARTIN HILL
ē SUBSCRIBE
In this day and age of an ever increasing Orwellian police state, people ought to know that they can fight back. Legally, that is. When a police officer or government employee violates your rights under color of law, you should file an official complaint. The word 'official' is key here. If you do not file an actual official written complaint, then there is no record of it. Police will oftentimes try to intimidate complaintants and persuade people not to file an official complaint. You must assert your rights and persist in filing an official written complaints.

The secon case is that of Lakeway, Texas resident Lance Mitchell. Mitchell runs the website SpeedTrapAhead.org and has warned his fellow motorists for several years of 'speed traps' in his local area.(A speed trap is basically where a cop hides in the bushes or some out-of sight area for the primary purpose of revenue generation). Mitchell was recently featured in the Austin American-Statesman which covered his legal victory.[See In Lakeway, a crusade against speed traps- Resident who displays warnings gets publicity, jail time - and vindication].
According to news accounts, police officer James Debrow developed some sort of vendetta against Lance Mitchell, who would stand out on the street wearing a t-shirt warning approaching motorists of speed traps. The Statesman reported that a code enforcement officer testified in court that Debrow said "this is getting personal" and directed him to "come up with some violations against Mitchell". Police Officer Hector Almaguer also testified regarding Debrow's orders, adding that Debrow "told him the local judge had issued a standing order to have Mitchell arrested." The municipal judge, Kevin Madison insisted "That is absolutely not true", adding "Everyone just kind of fell back in his chair," upon hearing the testimony. The Statesman also reported that Debrow had just joined the police department in 2008, after working for 25 years at the Texas Department of Public Safety. They report that he left the Lakewood Police Department in January has since gone to work as "the acting captain for the Houston office of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission." The Texas ABC certainly has some 'splainin to do regarding their willful hiring of a man who, according to testimony, lies and abuses his authority under color of law. Not surprisingly, James Debrow 'did not respond to messages' on the matter.
Mitchell, who had been arrested and charged with num erous bogus violations, had all the charges dismissed in court. he later sued the city and they settled the case. Although the settlement amount was 'undisclosed', Mitchell told the Statesman that "I don't have to worry about working for four or five months." On his personal website, Mitchell clarified "Itís been nearly two years since Iíve
even been out on the roads wearing my shirt. And, I havenít even been updating my website or writing blog entries during that time due to the civil lawsuit. I DONíT just sit around doing this instead of looking for a job. In fact, the whole sign holding/t-shirt wearing thing I did in the past, was WHILE I was working nights, often 50-60 hours a week!!"

IS IT THIS GUY NAH I AM PRETTY SURE THEY WILL DO A BACKGROUND CHECK
ARE YOU STUPI

Del Rio, TX

#7 Dec 13, 2012
They took all this time to select they are taking their time to do it right
DEJAVU

Del Rio, TX

#8 Dec 13, 2012
just because the mayor and the attorney have something going on doesn't mean they will select a DPS trooper you are just guessing
HOTHEAD

Del Rio, TX

#9 Dec 13, 2012
isn't there a post on this james debrow saying he got in trouble at D.P.S. fighting over an apple
O CRAP

Del Rio, TX

#10 Dec 13, 2012
This is scary
James Debrow developed some sort of vendetta against Lance Mitchell
More Scary

Del Rio, TX

#11 Dec 13, 2012
this is more scary

The municipal judge, Kevin Madison insisted "That is absolutely not true", adding "Everyone just kind of fell back in his chair," upon hearing the testimony.

A cop that lies and violates civil rights
Hiring

Del Rio, TX

#12 Dec 13, 2012
Do they polygraph cops before they get hired
WOW

Del Rio, TX

#13 Dec 13, 2012
nope

Del Rio, TX

#14 Dec 13, 2012
I heard the ex chief who was from DPS left the pd with old cars, not enough officers, not enough officers, a messed up evidence room oh and some canoes that everybody laughs about so I am sure this time they will get a city cop
COP

Del Rio, TX

#15 Dec 13, 2012
the dumb ass city manager has no idea about what he is talking about we have lowered the crime rate by 45% since we got rid of that Ramos guy who just wanted us doing everything except police work we know what we are doing you are the one that doesn't know what you are doing. That is why all the cops are living and nobody wants to come work for you
Uninformed

Del Rio, TX

#16 Dec 13, 2012
You are very naive if you really think Eads calling the shots at city hall or running the city, Bobby Fernandez is running the city and Eads is his puppet.
Anonymous

Del Rio, TX

#17 Dec 13, 2012
I heard some have been running scared lately and that those cops are pissed that their boy Favela while not be selected and they won't able to continue the corruption. It's all being found out. I also heard a sigh of relief from local law agencies that he did not bend and hire Favela. There may be hope for all the good cops out there after all.
Soooo

Del Rio, TX

#18 Dec 13, 2012
So the city attorney puts out, is she single I got a ticket maybe I can cut a deal with her
Teacher

Del Rio, TX

#19 Dec 13, 2012
I can tell you the mayor likes to rule with an iron fist at least he did at the school district. Very controlling and yes does like to mess around
What the

Del Rio, TX

#20 Dec 13, 2012
They still haven't picked a Chief

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Rio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best song u have heard 34 min Wewillsee 23
La lomita or raspa king 37 min LOMITAOVEREVERYTHING 9
tiffany Jimenez (Jul '14) 5 hr Iknow 17
Sammy lumbreras 6 hr Rubi Ann 6
ex 7 hr Haha 17
Ruben Ochoa 7 hr Rubii 3
I remember you 8 hr Just for you 5

Del Rio Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance