Days are numbered for Aptos' Village ...

Days are numbered for Aptos' Village Fair Antiques

There are 24 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 9, 2008, titled Days are numbered for Aptos' Village Fair Antiques. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Dan Coyro/Sentinel Sharon Burnam and the other vendors of Aptos Village Fair will move their antique businesses with the building when it is cut into three pieces and moved to the neighboring lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anon

Camarillo, CA

#21 Mar 13, 2008
"Santa Monica Res-We value our land here, unlike Santa Monica where only development matters. We will protect our land and our way of life"

What do you know of land and development in Santa Monica? It's obvious you've never lived here because development is not the only thing that matters. They actually have many laws to protect and maintain the historical features of this town. You wouldn't get away with turning the antique barn into a grocery store here. and, the location of people has nothing to do with where they live, it's determined by there ISP. You could live in Aptos and work for a Seattle based company and your location would show up there. The only reason I live in SM is because I can't afford Aptos and am happy to have relatives with a guest house here. I still am concerned and involved with my home town.
I grew up on a little street right off Trout Gulch and have had family in South Santa Cruz County for almost 100 years. I don't know why my comment provoked you to attack the city I currently reside in. My point was, here is a solution to Ellen Pirie. Someone who isn't privy to special interest and the "everyone in bed together" political mess. Did you even read the article? My only point was to educate others about a candidate who could help turn this mess around. I'm sorry Santa Monica puts such a burr in your saddle. It's beautiful here and I'm happy to call it and Aptos, CA home!!!!
-oeace
anon

Camarillo, CA

#22 Mar 13, 2008
Rio Res wrote:
rdm"]how can anyone with half a brain be in favor of another tacky, fako cutesy development so Barry Swenson can line his filthy pockets with more lucre? this village still has rural charm, and is a respite and haven from the "new and vibrant" (LOL) schlock we have to tolerate over the hill and on 41st ave....Swenson already recently bought the organic farm over next to Seascape...he is going to put in massive McMansions if anybody is curious.
RDM Thanks for the info- This is a perfect example of a developer that is suspect and must be stopped. Our area is disappearing and SWENSON is responsible.
Lets join together Aptos, to demand investigation of Swenson and Pirie, who's Pockets he seems to line as she is approving all of his development.
Santa Monica Res-We value our land here, unlike Santa Monica where only development matters. We will protect our land and our way of life
oh and.... your ISP shows you're in Berkeley.
Concerned in Capitola

San Jose, CA

#23 May 3, 2011
You obviously know nothing about Barry Swenson. Have one conversation with the man and you'd be more informed and less ignorant.
Concerned in Capitola

San Jose, CA

#24 May 3, 2011
"Rural charm" doesn't make money or pay taxes. That's like saying the "Rispin Mansion" is a relic and should be left along - for drug addicts and prostitutes to hide in and cost Capitola hundreds of thousands every year to maintain and clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Del Mar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) 9 hr lanterntohell 88
News Six Reasons Why Trump's Wall is Even Dumber Tha... 17 hr Retribution 8
Review: Jim's Mobile RV Repair (Jun '15) Sun Smithysmith 14
" I'm a nasty woman " Sun TAAM 1
In-home caregivers in San Diego? Jan 21 FreakingOut 1
Temecula Wine Tasting Coupons Jan 20 howefortunate 1
Looking for a Home girl to make money with (Feb '15) Jan 18 Capine 7

Del Mar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Del Mar Mortgages