Camden, NC

#1 Aug 26, 2009
Does anyone know where the pastor of First Baptist Church in Defuniak has moved on to? He will be missed.
The Goodsells

Defuniak Springs, FL

#2 Aug 30, 2009
We are from Florala,Al. and are both so very sorry about Rev. Jerry Chumney
resigning from the First Baptist Church In DeFuniak Springs recently. but we cannot blame him,he was the preacher for the Church, but the music leader looked like he had tried to take over his job for a long time, he should have left reading the Bible and preaching to Rev. Jerry, he was just the choir leader, not a minister to preach.
Rev. Jerry is a wonderful, good man, and we both love him, recently my husband hurt his back and was in the Crestview hospital, he could not walk or stand.Rev. Jerry called him on the phone and prayed for him every day we were there, thanks to God and his prayers my husband is walking again, without a wheelchair,thank God.
Jesus loves you Rev. Jerry and so do we, thank you for your kindness, compassion and prayers during my husband's sickness and hospitalization.
We will never forget you,and neither will God.
You are a wonderful human being and preacher.
You and your family are in our prayers each and every night.
We watched you every Sunday night on television,you are surely missed, nobody there can
hold a candle to your kind,gentle voice, therefore,we have stopped watching it, you were the only reason we watched it.
God Bless You,
The Goodsell's

Florala, AL

#3 Aug 30, 2009
Maybe he moved on to hell with the rest of the saints.

Laurel Hill, FL

#4 Aug 30, 2009
I also wondered what happened to Rev. Jerry Chumley our preacher and friend of all. I have emailed the First Baptist Church and have never received a response. Thank you. Rev. Chumley was loved by all and whereever he is I know they are the lucky ones to have a great preacher and a man of God. Rev. Chumley I miss your preaching and seeing you on TV.
King James

Florala, AL

#5 Aug 30, 2009
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Defuniak Springs, FL

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Why did he leave? I've heard different rumors - everything from sex to drugs to rock and roll to finances. What happened?

Florala, AL

#7 Sep 9, 2009
A rev. probly mess with little boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defuniak Springs, FL Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodney Owens (Aug '13) 20 hr homeland isis 7
News Is Bigfoot in Walton County? (Feb '13) Nov 23 homeland isis 6
Debate: Greatest Villains - Ponce de Leon, FL (Aug '12) Nov 15 homeland isis 3
New Gay guy to Cview Nov 14 86457dasfasdf 4
The democrats and republicans destroyed America... Oct '15 homeland isis 1
Join Veteran Affairs say screw the Veterans Oct '15 jaes 2
Floridians hates Veteran Oct '15 jaes 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Defuniak Springs, FL Mortgages