SK Hand Tools hit by strike in Defiance

SK Hand Tools hit by strike in Defiance

There are 52 comments on the Journal Gazette story from Apr 2, 2009, titled SK Hand Tools hit by strike in Defiance. In it, Journal Gazette reports that:

Unable to negotiate a new labor contract Wednesday, about 70 union workers walked out of a Defiance, Ohio, tool plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Gazette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mobile Salesman

Saint-georges, Canada

#41 Nov 2, 2010
Great idea Man from Ohio,
I see exactly what you mean.
So do the right thing, quit your job, start your own company, pay hight wages, drive a bicycle, eat one meal a day and your employees will love you to death.
TEA BAGGIN MOBILESALESMAN

United States

#42 Nov 3, 2010
Moble salesman dont know sh*t about the American Unions, Another Smuck who has there Head baried, Organize to survive!! Stay strong Union Brothers!!
Mobile Salesman

Saint-georges, Canada

#43 Nov 4, 2010
After you learn how to write withot making a mistake every two words so we can understand what you're talking about, you can explain to me why you have to organize.
I, as many others, don't have to, don't need to unite with others that are supposedly better so I can benefit from them. I do great on my own and have stopped depending on others when I turned 18.
wow union crap again

Evansville, IN

#44 Nov 10, 2010
Good for S n K. Shut down and screw the union. No one needs to make that kind of money. I hope the GM plant goes next. That way Defiance and Ayresville will be gone to. Non union...the only way to live.

United States

#45 Nov 14, 2010
Glad You Have Enough Time On ur Hands For These Kind Of Things,(PROOF READING) SINCE YOU HAVE SO MUCH BETTER THINGS TO DO IN LIFE. MAYBE, JUST MAYBE IF YOU DIDNT SPEND UR TIME ON LAME SH*T LIKE THIS, YOU MIGHT SELL A LITTLE MORE TOOLS. ITS NOT A MATTER OF DEPENDING ON OTHERS, ITS A MATTER OF NUMBERS IS POWER, THINK ABOUT IT, YOU MOBILE SALESMAN UR SAYING YOU THINK U CAN TAKE OUT 10 UNION MEN. THTS WHT I THOUGHT. BY THE WAY WHY DNT U PROOF READ YOUR OWN COMMENTS.(LOOK AT UR 7TH WORD IN YOUR FIRST SENTANCE). YOU GOT THE BAG ON UR FOREHEAD SUCKA!!!! UNION 4 LIFE!! B*TCH!!!
Mobile Salesman

Saint-georges, Canada

#46 Nov 14, 2010
Poor SAP

I don't have to proof read, never had to use is.
Numbers is power you say? Ok, so in a group of ten you're only worth 1/10th of the group, right?

I can take out 10 union men, one at a time easely.

Besides , you spell sentence this way, with or without help from the union or proof reading!

Go on and keep thinking that way, no use arguing with 1/10 of an ignorant group.

Enjoy yourself.
critterlover

United States

#47 Nov 15, 2010
If the unions would just close up their OWN shops...this country would be in a whole lot better shape.

If ya don't feel the company you work for pays you enough...go find one that will. LOL

I hear they're hiring in Mexico.

Union City, TN

#48 Nov 30, 2010
DEAR MOBILE SALESMAN,
NOT ONLY DID YOU GET ONE BAG ON UR FOREHEAD (ONE AT A TIME) YOU GET ALL TEN, I Know UR TYPE ACT TUFF INFRONT OF A KEYBORD IN THE SAFTY OF UR HOME. QUIT BEING A LITTLE TRICK, AND GO OUT AND FIND A UNION MAN LIKE ME THAT SPENT TIME TEA BAGGIN FOOLS IN PRISON, THN TALK TUFF. TILL THN UR A LITTLE PUNK THT WOULD GET PASSED AROUNG LIKE A WOMAN INSIDE THE JOINT.
Terry

Lafayette, LA

#50 Dec 9, 2010
I'll certainly be glad when I can once again purchase SK tools
Mobile Salesman

Saint-georges, Canada

#51 Dec 10, 2010
@tea bagger.

I guess you still haven't figured out I was talking about brains, not fists.

I see you went to jail, did you meet the founder of the union? Jimmy Hoffa?
timmy

Raymond, OH

#52 Dec 18, 2010
all you stupid people that think the union caused the bankruptcy dont have a clue. iworked at the defiance plant for twenty years.as soon as the frech purchased the co. it went to hell. we ,the workers told the co. how to save money and be more productive with 50 year old machines.the co. was broke before the strike and we knew it was not going to be long before they closed the doors. it didnt matter if we went back for min.wage or not ,the owners had no clue on how to run the company.its sad that we made tools since 1921and the frenchies ran it to the ground.
Fan of S-K Tools

Chicago, IL

#53 Apr 26, 2011
I'm an end user, shade tree mechanic who just likes American Made, quality tools with a good lifetime warranty. I just got off of the phone with customer service at the new S-K, my 1/2" S-K breaker bar needs repair. I was told by customer service,(in their Sycamore, IL location), that they don't actually do any repairs to tools at that location. By, "tool repair", they mean, they just replace the tool. Problem is that at this moment, there is a 3 week wait for a "repair kit" for my tool and if I were to send my tool in for repair, there would be an 8 week wait for a replacement. Nice people in customer service, they're just not quite up and running yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defiance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... Fri Big Bad Ginsberg 227
Used Live There Jun 11 ex waitredd 1
defiance full of snitches lets all reveal them ... Jun 10 LOL 9
Erin Flannigan is a Drunk Jun 6 Mary 6
mag's? (Nov '12) May '15 Ivan 4
Christina Dunderman is a drug addict May '15 Lol 1
Christine Ward and her WEED dealing husband. May '15 See all 1
More from around the web

Defiance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Defiance Mortgages