Murray to run for Defiance County pro...

Murray to run for Defiance County prosecutor's post

There are 2 comments on the Crescent-News.com story from Dec 20, 2007, titled Murray to run for Defiance County prosecutor's post. In it, Crescent-News.com reports that:

“I have learned a great deal serving under Jeff Strausbaugh as well as his predecessor”

Longtime Defiance County assistant prosecutor and child support enforcement agency director Morris Murray has announced his candidacy in 2008 for prosecuting attorney. via Crescent-News.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crescent-News.com.

jeanette

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Dec 28, 2007
OUr child suport agency her in Defiance is a joke. It is the worst one I have seen or heard about in any county around here. People have to wait for months before anything gets done and then files are lost or you lose your case worker. everything has to be done in triplicate and nothing is done to protect the children needing the money from the absent parent. the costodeal parent has to fight with the agency here to garnish wages and to take the taxes for back suport that is due. Of course nothing is done untill the back suport is in the thousands of dollors. What about the childrn needing this money and the costodeal parent working two jobs to get by. The child suport agency here does nothing to protect our children or us as costodeal parents so why would we want this guy to be prosecutor? So he can teach that system how to delay and put things off and be unorganized like the child suport agency? I don't think so. Lets get one thing fixed correctly before we start to mess up another.
fyi

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Jul 14, 2008
I think you're wrong. Defiance County CSEA has consistently been top in collections in the state of Ohio. They work very hard at a losing game. I am sure you are a very hard worker and you've supported your children - kudos to you and the many others just like you. However, most people who complain have an ex who is worthless. That is not the systems fault. There are some that don't take responsibility on their own. Should an agency really be responsible for getting a child money - no the parent should be upholding his obligation on his own (or her). But the agency is there to help, and they always do the best they can. Trust me, that agency works very hard to get everyone their money. They are all really good people trying to help kids, which is why they still show up day after day, even though they hear hundreds of complaints daily. It is impossible to make everyone pay what they are supposed to, if it wasn't, there would be no need for the agency in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defiance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
defiance full of snitches lets all reveal them ... (Jan '15) Jun 23 openyoureyes 47
The circle chat whoever lived there in early 20... (Jan '14) Jun 22 Staci 15
Landlords in defiance beware Jun 20 Mike 2
Review: Defiance Dance Studio (Aug '15) Jun 19 Dance 76
Megan Smith (Nov '13) Jun 13 ThugLove 5
Defiance Arbys Jun 9 Cat 3
Danica Sherman (Nov '12) May '16 danicasherman2269 7

Defiance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Defiance Mortgages