NoBama

Gloucester, VA

#1 Oct 26, 2012
http://thegazette.com/2012/10/17/bulldozer-fr ...

Obama has ruined our Country with his social programs. Look someone has to work and pay taxes not everyone in America can be on welfare and food stamps. He endorses these programs and makes it easier for these people to receive benefits because they are the majority of his supporters. As long as those checks keep coming they could care less if we have a strong military and a sound economy. Most of them don't even know who our Vice President is. Come on wake up. We just had 4 Americans killed in OUR Embassy in Libya and what did Obama do go to sleep then go on the Letterman show. He knew 2 hrs after the attack. Then he sent Rice and Hillary on TV and lied, then he lied and blamed it on a video. Please we are not that stupid. Vote Republican all the way, I beg of you. Oh and by the way HE HATES COAL !!!!!
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

#2 Oct 26, 2012
NoBama wrote:
http://thegazette.com/2012/10/17/bulldozer-fr ...
Obama has ruined our Country with his social programs. Look someone has to work and pay taxes not everyone in America can be on welfare and food stamps. He endorses these programs and makes it easier for these people to receive benefits because they are the majority of his supporters. As long as those checks keep coming they could care less if we have a strong military and a sound economy. Most of them don't even know who our Vice President is. Come on wake up. We just had 4 Americans killed in OUR Embassy in Libya and what did Obama do go to sleep then go on the Letterman show. He knew 2 hrs after the attack. Then he sent Rice and Hillary on TV and lied, then he lied and blamed it on a video. Please we are not that stupid. Vote Republican all the way, I beg of you. Oh and by the way HE HATES COAL !!!!!
Amen.
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Yeah instead of Obama let's vote in a guy who has made the majority of his wealth by manipulating business into thinking he is going to help them survice only to force them into bankruptcy while shipping their jobs overseas and charging them Millions of dollars in fees. Take honeywell for example,or what is now known as sinsada owned by the chinese. Honeywell brought Mitt and bain capital in to help save their company. Mitt's plan was the same as it was many times before. He invest a small amount of Bain money then got chinese investors to throw in over 100 million $. Money Helps right? Well with that money they boght up 51% of honeywell, forced them to train chinese workers on how to do their jobs. Now the company is closing it's doors and going to china. What happens to the money they invested? Well that 100+ million Bain considered as part of honeywell's debt forcing them into bankrupcy but not before bain collected their $5,000,000.00 fee they cahrged honeywell to HELP them. Do your research people Mitt is a scumbag. I know it is hard for a lot of you people to see a Black man in control but get over it. I recently attended the rally in defiance ohio and as I was walking at a steady pace to take my place at the end of the line I was not talking to anybody I heard the N word no less than 100 times. Why because I was wearing an Obama t-shirt. I am a white male and this really disturbed me. I know the majority of the people their are not racist, but at the same time I was disgusted to find out how many are out there. Not only that but the fact that they would vote purely on race really shows their ignorance. So my final piece of advise is this, if you plan on voting for mitt go ahead and start filing papers now to become a chinese citizen because that is the only place you will find a job if he gets elected. Thank you and have a great day
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#4 Oct 26, 2012
If you do not believe me drive through freeport Illinois. What wa once a thirving city is now a ghost town since thei main employer had to shut down thanks to Mitt and Bain capital
Larold Magee

Orient, OH

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Yeah instead of Obama let's vote in a guy who has made the majority of his wealth by manipulating business into thinking he is going to help them survice only to force them into bankruptcy while shipping their jobs overseas and charging them Millions of dollars in fees. Take honeywell for example,or what is now known as sinsada owned by the chinese. Honeywell brought Mitt and bain capital in to help save their company. Mitt's plan was the same as it was many times before. He invest a small amount of Bain money then got chinese investors to throw in over 100 million $. Money Helps right? Well with that money they boght up 51% of honeywell, forced them to train chinese workers on how to do their jobs. Now the company is closing it's doors and going to china. What happens to the money they invested? Well that 100+ million Bain considered as part of honeywell's debt forcing them into bankrupcy but not before bain collected their $5,000,000.00 fee they cahrged honeywell to HELP them. Do your research people Mitt is a scumbag. I know it is hard for a lot of you people to see a Black man in control but get over it. I recently attended the rally in defiance ohio and as I was walking at a steady pace to take my place at the end of the line I was not talking to anybody I heard the N word no less than 100 times. Why because I was wearing an Obama t-shirt. I am a white male and this really disturbed me. I know the majority of the people their are not racist, but at the same time I was disgusted to find out how many are out there. Not only that but the fact that they would vote purely on race really shows their ignorance. So my final piece of advise is this, if you plan on voting for mitt go ahead and start filing papers now to become a chinese citizen because that is the only place you will find a job if he gets elected. Thank you and have a great day
This president has racked up more debt than all of the other presidents combined, with the majority of the debt being owed to China. Ponder this in relation to what you have written. As 90% of blacks voted for Obama in the last election I can only assume you are lecturing various black communities to not vote for some one based on race as well. Also it was amazing to hear the CEO of GM, a beneficiary of US taxpayer bailout, bragging about how 70% of GM cars are made in China.
SAVE OUR COUNTRY

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Larold Magee wrote:
<quoted text>
This president has racked up more debt than all of the other presidents combined, with the majority of the debt being owed to China. Ponder this in relation to what you have written. As 90% of blacks voted for Obama in the last election I can only assume you are lecturing various black communities to not vote for some one based on race as well. Also it was amazing to hear the CEO of GM, a beneficiary of US taxpayer bailout, bragging about how 70% of GM cars are made in China.
You must not have seen the release on the study paid for by the GOP that wanted to figure out exactly how much of the debt he was responsible for. The GOP's final answer was Obama was only responsible for 1.6 trillion and by cost of living expenses has spent less than any president in recent history. 1.8 trillion a year is coming from the wars the he did not sign off on and the rest is all because of GW's policies. SO gw went from a 6trillion surplus to now a -16trillion debt. This is coming from the GOP itself
TomTom

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 5, 2012
Right or wrong, Romney was successful as a business person. His priority was to make money for the stockholders, period. He did just that, right or wrong.
Obama has failed at every level. From him having to turn over his law license to the last 4 years. Failure!!!
REALLY

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 6, 2012
TomTom wrote:
Right or wrong, Romney was successful as a business person. His priority was to make money for the stockholders, period. He did just that, right or wrong.
Obama has failed at every level. From him having to turn over his law license to the last 4 years. Failure!!!
So Romney makes millions for himself and a select few and in that process forces thousands into bankruptcy and poverty and that's ok with you? Not only that but some of the companies he shut down ended up turning towns into ghost towns
TomTom

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 6, 2012
His job was NOT to ensure other companies well being. His job was to make money for Bain capital, period. Todays CEO's do this through mergers and aquisitions.
Yes, it does bother me. I have been through 2 plants closures and a lay off since Febuary 2008. I feel for those that have lost their jobs, homes and in some cases family. But the issue here is Romney DID the job for which he was being paid to do, plain and simple. If the shoe was on the other foot and Romney was the plant manager at one of these companies that had closed we would be feeling bad for him. The issue is did he do his job? YES Has Obama done the job for which he was hired? NO
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#10 Nov 7, 2012
TomTom wrote:
His job was NOT to ensure other companies well being. His job was to make money for Bain capital, period. Todays CEO's do this through mergers and aquisitions.
Yes, it does bother me. I have been through 2 plants closures and a lay off since Febuary 2008. I feel for those that have lost their jobs, homes and in some cases family. But the issue here is Romney DID the job for which he was being paid to do, plain and simple. If the shoe was on the other foot and Romney was the plant manager at one of these companies that had closed we would be feeling bad for him. The issue is did he do his job? YES Has Obama done the job for which he was hired? NO
He also had Bain on the verge of bankruptcy but the government bailed him out. Then he used a loop hole in the bailout to pay his ceos multi million dollar bonuse before paying any of the bailout back. He then threatend to pay all of his ceo's the rest of the bailout money in bonuses unless the government agreed to let him only pay back 33% of the money they gave him in the bailout. So the company he was making money for only stayed around because the government stepped in to bail him out. So read the whole story
TomTom

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 7, 2012
The only reason Bain had to resort to the bailout was in fault of the politcal and media scrutiny onslaught. After Romney went into politics after his leave of absence to chair the olympics, no company alive could have survived. Every liberal news station was slamming Bain so hard their investors were backing off. Going from one of the top investment companies in the world to garbage in just a couple years from the teardown by your goverment. You read the federal transcripts and see for yourself.
Obama 2012

Hudson, OH

#12 Nov 7, 2012
TomTom wrote:
The only reason Bain had to resort to the bailout was in fault of the politcal and media scrutiny onslaught. After Romney went into politics after his leave of absence to chair the olympics, no company alive could have survived. Every liberal news station was slamming Bain so hard their investors were backing off. Going from one of the top investment companies in the world to garbage in just a couple years from the teardown by your goverment. You read the federal transcripts and see for yourself.
It's cause they were nothing but a bunch of dirty crooks just like the idiots that ruined wall street. Romney is a scumbag plain and simple.
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>It's cause they were nothing but a bunch of dirty crooks just like the idiots that ruined wall street. Romney is a scumbag plain and simple.
Romney is a decent, patriotic American who continues to be maliciously attacked by glass house residents.

Personally, I think the Republicans should give the Democrats everything they want. Only in that way, will the Democrats, and those who voted for Obama, truly get what they deserve.
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Ex-Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is a decent, patriotic American who continues to be maliciously attacked by glass house residents.
Personally, I think the Republicans should give the Democrats everything they want. Only in that way, will the Democrats, and those who voted for Obama, truly get what they deserve.
Your Right. We'd see a thirving economy like we did under clinton. And all these millionaires/billionaire will have to pay the same % of tax as the rest of us. Not asking them to pay more but to pay the same. When Nixon was in office and economy was booming the ! percenters paid as high as 75%. All we are asking is pay your 30% like the rest of us
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

#15 Nov 10, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Your Right. We'd see a thirving economy like we did under clinton. And all these millionaires/billionaire will have to pay the same % of tax as the rest of us. Not asking them to pay more but to pay the same. When Nixon was in office and economy was booming the ! percenters paid as high as 75%. All we are asking is pay your 30% like the rest of us
I would agree to that; however, I believe there should be a minimum tax for everyone between the ages of 18 and 67 (or whatever the S.S. retirement age isat any given time). Even people on 100% welfare should be subject to this tax. If it is not paid, there are no immediate consequences, except that the amount is still owed and will be deducted from any future earnings, including lottery winnings, inheritances, tax refunds, or even the equivalent of earned income credits. The NON-PENALTY AND NON-INTEREST ACCUMULULATING debt would remain on that person's "account" until death and would be settled first with any proceeds from the estate. This means the debt would also become part of any marriage contract or business contract. The debt, like student loans, could not be dissolved through bankruptcy.

It may sound harsh, but I think if people realized they would eventually be held accountable for their own portion, more individuals would take responsible for planning for their own futures.

This was an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion. I realize a program like this would take a lot of planning and thought. Before I'm blasted, think about my intent more than my content.

Intent: everyone pays, everyone is accountable.
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#16 Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree to that; however, I believe there should be a minimum tax for everyone between the ages of 18 and 67 (or whatever the S.S. retirement age isat any given time). Even people on 100% welfare should be subject to this tax. If it is not paid, there are no immediate consequences, except that the amount is still owed and will be deducted from any future earnings, including lottery winnings, inheritances, tax refunds, or even the equivalent of earned income credits. The NON-PENALTY AND NON-INTEREST ACCUMULULATING debt would remain on that person's "account" until death and would be settled first with any proceeds from the estate. This means the debt would also become part of any marriage contract or business contract. The debt, like student loans, could not be dissolved through bankruptcy.
It may sound harsh, but I think if people realized they would eventually be held accountable for their own portion, more individuals would take responsible for planning for their own futures.
This was an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion. I realize a program like this would take a lot of planning and thought. Before I'm blasted, think about my intent more than my content.
Intent: everyone pays, everyone is accountable.
I agree with that 100% and I also believe anybody on gov't assistance of any kind should be drug tested. With the Exception of retirees getting their ss because that's money they have paid in But if you are on welfare, W.I.C., etc.... you should be tested. Cause if you can afford drugs you can afford to take care of yourself
Ex-Democrat

Coolidge, GA

#17 Nov 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with that 100% and I also believe anybody on gov't assistance of any kind should be drug tested. With the Exception of retirees getting their ss because that's money they have paid in But if you are on welfare, W.I.C., etc.... you should be tested. Cause if you can afford drugs you can afford to take care of yourself
Agreed. Also, since everything is electronic now, there should be an immediate audit of food stamp spending over the last two years. The portion, per recipient, that was spent on soda, snack cakes, chips, candy, dining out, purchasing take-out food, etc. should be averaged, and 80% of the average per month should be deducted. If you've been wasting a chunk on junk, you didn't need it.

Further, during the school term, there should be a choice: free lunch, with a reduced benefit, or the monthly benefit stays the same, but you are responsible for sending lunch with your child or paying out of pocket. I never got an increase in income when I had to pay for my kids' lunches. Money just got tighter! If you get food stamps plus free lunch, it's like getting a raise during school months.
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Also, since everything is electronic now, there should be an immediate audit of food stamp spending over the last two years. The portion, per recipient, that was spent on soda, snack cakes, chips, candy, dining out, purchasing take-out food, etc. should be averaged, and 80% of the average per month should be deducted. If you've been wasting a chunk on junk, you didn't need it.
Further, during the school term, there should be a choice: free lunch, with a reduced benefit, or the monthly benefit stays the same, but you are responsible for sending lunch with your child or paying out of pocket. I never got an increase in income when I had to pay for my kids' lunches. Money just got tighter! If you get food stamps plus free lunch, it's like getting a raise during school months.
See if we can agree why can't the poloticians
Ex-Democrat

Adel, GA

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>See if we can agree why can't the poloticians
Because they keep saying they know what "the people" want, but they really only hear the part that fortifies their own position. Both parties!

I'm not saying it's easy up on the Hill, but it's mighty frustrating out here, too, isn't it?!
Obama 2012

Chardon, OH

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they keep saying they know what "the people" want, but they really only hear the part that fortifies their own position. Both parties!
I'm not saying it's easy up on the Hill, but it's mighty frustrating out here, too, isn't it?!
yeah this country is run by billionair lobbyist and not our Government

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defiance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Buti Sat really Joe? 3
False informatio in Putnam County Commissies race Oct 15 diemerbarb 1
Kamryn Gerkin (Oct '09) Sep '14 His landlord 86
Alysha Moran Sep '14 Chasiti speiser 3
Suspect arrested for murder in cold case Sep '14 OEM Oasis 3
don kaiser Sep '14 keiser 2
Tattoo shop (Jan '12) Aug '14 Hmmot 6
Defiance Dating
Find my Match

Defiance Jobs

Defiance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Defiance News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Defiance

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]