Suspect arrested for murder in cold case

Suspect arrested for murder in cold case

There are 4 comments on the Paulding Progress story from Aug 1, 2014, titled Suspect arrested for murder in cold case. In it, Paulding Progress reports that:

On Friday, Aug. 1, officers with the Defiance Police Department, assisted by members of the Paulding County Sheriff's Office, arrested a suspect in connection with a 1981 homicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paulding Progress.

Oasis

Dunn, NC

#1 Aug 2, 2014
These kinds of stories just seem unbelievable...

Doncha' wonder what evidence has been suddenly uncovered after 33 years?
Has this been an anvil hanging over this guy's head for 33 years?

What did he do/not do that let the anvil drop at this point in time?
Did he turn in his pointy hood?

Anybody "know" this Mr. Noffsinger?

Forrest City, AR

#2 Aug 8, 2014
Different is the 'Cold Justice" investigators haves multiple years of experience and resources that the small downtown police departments would not normally have. Many officers in small towns may never work a Homicide. The evidence may have always been there, but inexperience or lack of resources may have prevented that from coming to light. An example is the Cold Justice CSI was able to use her experience to renact the attack, pointing out what type of weapon was most likely used and explaining that the swelling and bruising of her hands ( as well as her broken hand) meant that her hands were on her head taking some of the blows, which means she was hit many more times than the blows the coroner saw on her head. Leading to the information that multiple blows to the head is a crime that is personal and full of passion. That starts narrowing down suspects to people she knows that would have anger toward her. And that is just one thing that adds to the case. Also witnesses may have been scared to talk 30 yrs ago, but made be willing to talk years after the crimes.
Oasis wrote:
These kinds of stories just seem unbelievable...
Doncha' wonder what evidence has been suddenly uncovered after 33 years?
Has this been an anvil hanging over this guy's head for 33 years?
What did he do/not do that let the anvil drop at this point in time?
Did he turn in his pointy hood?
Anybody "know" this Mr. Noffsinger?
OEM Oasis

Benson, NC

#3 Sep 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
Different is the 'Cold Justice" investigators haves multiple years of experience and resources that the small downtown police departments would not normally have. Many officers in small towns may never work a Homicide. The evidence may have always been there, but inexperience or lack of resources may have prevented that from coming to light. An example is the Cold Justice CSI was able to use her experience to renact the attack, pointing out what type of weapon was most likely used and explaining that the swelling and bruising of her hands ( as well as her broken hand) meant that her hands were on her head taking some of the blows, which means she was hit many more times than the blows the coroner saw on her head. Leading to the information that multiple blows to the head is a crime that is personal and full of passion. That starts narrowing down suspects to people she knows that would have anger toward her. And that is just one thing that adds to the case. Also witnesses may have been scared to talk 30 yrs ago, but made be willing to talk years after the crimes.
<quoted text>
What a crock.
They knew it was a murder from the git-go.

I like the "scared to talk" speculation, but scared of whom?

It is pretty clear, to me, that the Mr. had "protection".
I can only speculate on why the rug was pulled out from under him.

Last I checked, I couldn't get this episode to come up.
I'll go try again.....
partisan

Napoleon, OH

#4 Nov 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
well said friend ,your not from around here r ya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defiance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabitha Willis or Pollitt also has a brother na... 17 hr AngieInOhio 4
Review: Defiance Dance Studio (Aug '15) 17 hr Dance Parent 90
The circle chat whoever lived there in early 20... (Jan '14) Sep 24 Ccg 48
Damien Smith (Jun '14) Sep 21 Itsame 2
News Semi-pro football team holding tryouts (Feb '08) Sep 19 Ron Jeremy 46
News Poll: Trump catching Clinton in critical Electo... Sep 18 tomin cali 11
News Trump's national gains extend to Florida, Ohio Sep 15 bottlecap 5

Defiance Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance