City mulls new utility rate increases

City mulls new utility rate increases

There are 3 comments on the Crescent-News.com story from Apr 7, 2010, titled City mulls new utility rate increases. In it, Crescent-News.com reports that:

More water and sewer rate increases are likely in Defiance, but city officials will use a new formula to ensure increased revenues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crescent-News.com.

Debbie Stoepfel

Mansfield, OH

#1 Apr 10, 2010
I just think raising the water and sewer rates are terrible the Defiance water is terrible and already not worth what we pay for it ..if there was another water service that I could change to I would ..I don't drink Defiance water I won't even let my animals drink it now you want more for it ..I have filters on my shower and on my sink and dishwaser Don't want to shower in the water wash my cholths in it or do my dishes in it I don't think it is even good enough to put on my lawn or my flower beds ..I live on a fixed income and it is all I can do to get buy ..I drive my car as little as possible because the cost of gas ..How do they think we are going to pay for a rate increase with people losing there jobs ..I do believe the city should think this over fix the water so it's not so bad and do not increace the cost of our water and sewer we are paying way to much for it now ...
miriam marksberry

Defiance, OH

#2 Apr 10, 2010
We live just outside of the city on second st. and our rates are triple what everyone else in the city pays. It does not even include garbage pick-up. Our average bill for 3 people is between 130 and 160 every month. How do they think we can pay more then we are paying now. Maybe they should start by taking pay cuts in the upper city offices instead of always expecting everyone else to pay the price,like raising utilies, putting up new courts and so on. GIVE IT A REST!!!
Debbie Stoepfel

Mansfield, OH

#3 Apr 11, 2010
miriam marksberry wrote:
We live just outside of the city on second st. and our rates are triple what everyone else in the city pays. It does not even include garbage pick-up. Our average bill for 3 people is between 130 and 160 every month. How do they think we can pay more then we are paying now. Maybe they should start by taking pay cuts in the upper city offices instead of always expecting everyone else to pay the price,like raising utilies, putting up new courts and so on. GIVE IT A REST!!!
I so agree some of those people in City hall are not worth the money we pay them ..There are allot of city workers that have not got a raise in 6 years but not for City Hall Mayer gets a raise every year and so does his staff what a joke ..I say boot them all out of office and get someone in there that will do this City some good they may even take less money for the job ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Defiance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamacare could create quandary for Republicans... Fri Big Bad Ginsberg 227
Used Live There Jun 11 ex waitredd 1
defiance full of snitches lets all reveal them ... Jun 10 LOL 9
Erin Flannigan is a Drunk Jun 6 Mary 6
mag's? (Nov '12) May '15 Ivan 4
Christina Dunderman is a drug addict May '15 Lol 1
Christine Ward and her WEED dealing husband. May '15 See all 1
More from around the web

Defiance People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Defiance Mortgages