1-71 CAV gives back to the local community

May 11, 2007 Full story: News 10 Now

“I personally have been in the active Army for over 17 years, lived in a lot of different places with my family, and we've never experienced greater support than what the communities here around Fort Drum provide”

In about three months, these soldiers will deploy overseas, marking the unit's second tour of duty in Iraq in three years. via News 10 Now

Full Story
St Bernard Proud

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2007
IN THE SHADOWS!!!
christie craig

Ford City, PA

#2 Sep 13, 2007
as i see that no one has responded to this I will be the first, even though it was first posted in May. Now that these soldiers have been deployed, for those that dont know, they boarded planes on september 3-5, most of them returning for the second time in 3 years. They will be greatly missed while they are gone. The support that families get from Fort Drum is absolutely wonderful. Thank you to the soldiers who have returned to the war zone and welcome home the ones returning in the next months.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 25, 2008
christie craig wrote:
as i see that no one has responded to this I will be the first, even though it was first posted in May. Now that these soldiers have been deployed, for those that dont know, they boarded planes on september 3-5, most of them returning for the second time in 3 years. They will be greatly missed while they are gone. The support that families get from Fort Drum is absolutely wonderful. Thank you to the soldiers who have returned to the war zone and welcome home the ones returning in the next months.
I think I know you, Christie. Anyhow, it is true that the community gives and gives up there in Watertown/Carthage. I, myself, have participated in some events up in that area when I lived there growing up. I'm glad the soldiers have taken notice, and the best of luck to them.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Hopefully they haven't lost anyone and they have a safe return here soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deferiet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Copenhagen Spook or Treat Night (Oct '13) 8 hr responder 30
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Ha Ha 6,445
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sep 21 truth 759
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 19 Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 No one 440
•••
•••

Deferiet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Deferiet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deferiet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deferiet
•••