Deer River, Minn., man, 24, arrested in fatal hit-and-run crash in ...

Full story: TwinCities.com

A man on probation for drunken driving was arrested by Minneapolis police Tuesday, 12 hours after he allegedly ran a stop sign and hit another car, killing one person and injuring three others.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AnjaEm

Big Lake, MN

#21 Sep 23, 2010
According to MN public records alcohol abuse is costing MN taxpayers a whopping 4.5 billion a year.

Do we have a problem yet?
Mexi with Fake Name

Eden Prairie, MN

#22 Sep 24, 2010
"His ethnicity, citizenship, and gender have nothing to do with this tragedy"

Ok, if he's Native American, then the citizenship question doesn't matter. However, if he is an illegal immigrant, the point is that he should have been deported years ago based on multiple previous offenses. Not being in this country to cause terrible car crashes has everything to do with this tragedy.
Deer River Resident

Deer River, MN

#23 Jul 3, 2011
blam wrote:
i'm a little disturbed at the lack of racial comments, here, topix people. We all know what this thread would look like if the perp's name was Tyrone, Miguel, or Abdi...
Let's just admit that whites are the #1 perpetrators of reckless/DWI driving deaths, and call it a day (because it's true).
Thank you so much for your comment!!!!!! It was truly the best laugh I have had in a very long time! The fact that you are so disturbed there are no racial comments and "whites" are the #1 perpetrators is HILARIOUS!! This man is a native American!! Your ignorance has shown you are trying to perpetuate racism!! Who cares what the color of his skin is, lock him up and throw away the key!
Native American

United States

#24 Jul 5, 2011
Deer River Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for your comment!!!!!! It was truly the best laugh I have had in a very long time! The fact that you are so disturbed there are no racial comments and "whites" are the #1 perpetrators is HILARIOUS!! This man is a native American!! Your ignorance has shown you are trying to perpetuate racism!! Who cares what the color of his skin is, lock him up and throw away the key!
You make us all look bad.
Deer River Resident

Deer River, MN

#25 Jul 5, 2011
Sorry to offend you Native American certainly was not my intent!! I was merely trying to point out that blam was trying to make this a racial incident when race has absolutely NOTHING to do with it! It is a very sad case of someone drunk driving and killing a person and making so many suffer. In their haste to make it a "racial" incident they didnt even bother to check any facts. It is not only sad for the family of the person who was killed but people often forget that the drunk driver's family suffers too. I cannot imagine how I would feel if one of my family members was the driver.
Woody Johnson

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jul 8, 2011
The Real Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Go look at his mugshot.
2. Yet again, the first one to bring up race is the one calling everyone else a racist. Don't you have a riot to be inciting somewhere?
Nope sorry... I am not a Cannucks fan.

Funny how people say they are not racist then end it off with a racist statement. Shyt, I am a racist, who cares.

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

#27 Jul 8, 2011
Woody Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope sorry... I am not a Cannucks fan.
Funny how people say they are not racist then end it off with a racist statement. Shyt, I am a racist, who cares.
How was that racist? I was calling the other poster out for being a race baiter where it was not warranted. This was about a hit and run driver regardless of his color.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Go Blue Forever 848
cost of living in Bovey, MN Jun '14 djconklin 1
Paul Iwerks May '14 Betrayed 1
Debate: Marijuana - Grand Rapids, MN (Nov '10) Apr '14 bradley 18
American Hate Groups (Sep '09) Feb '14 Nature 10
Sequined shoes (Jan '14) Jan '14 JolietGuy 1
MDH project to focus on high blood pressure in ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Interesting 1
•••
•••

Deer River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deer River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deer River News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer River