Deer River, Minn., man, 24, arrested in fatal hit-and-run crash in ...

A man on probation for drunken driving was arrested by Minneapolis police Tuesday, 12 hours after he allegedly ran a stop sign and hit another car, killing one person and injuring three others. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hummmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Wow, how many chances does a person get? Seems he should have been doing some prison time - somewhere along the line. What a crock.
John

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 22, 2010
His parents must be proud.

Since: Apr 10

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 22, 2010
If he would have been serving time, this man would still be alive today. Charge him with criminal vehicular homicide and put him away for a long time. Stop giving these people so many chances. So really it is the court systems fault, this man was killed because they allowed this individual free.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Mr Johnson. What a tragic loss.
wally

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 22, 2010
The police should have taken the bum into an alley, eliminated him, and stuffed him in a trash can with the rest of the garbage.
Paula

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Sep 22, 2010
As long as we keep on electing public officials who excuse their own - and family members' - driving under the influence, we will never have DUI enforcement laws that adequately protect the public.
anywho

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 22, 2010
I think when the judges keep giving the morons "2nd chances" that they should be charged along with this creep for Aiding and abetting because the victum will still be alive today if this kid was still in jail. Apparently prison is the only option for this winner of society.
Incensed

Asia/Pacific Region

#7 Sep 22, 2010
This is unbelievable - this guy gets to walk away alive while a good, hard-working member of society is killed and his family is left to pick up the pieces. What kind of society turns their head and allows people to drive drunk?

Each year, about 15,000 people are killed in drunk driving accidents, and 250,000+ injured (sometimes very seriously). It is the leading cause of death in the U.S. for those under the age of 30. And yet, we do little to prevent it.
TaxTaxTax

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Sep 22, 2010
Proof positive prisons and jails don't work. This wasn't his first tangle with the law and won't be the last.

We can keep following ourselves our hardcore conservative talk radio denials will make the problem go away, but it won't.

Ted Kennedy and his lib buddies abolished state hospitals because they infringed on the rights of patients.

It's time to bring them back and find a place for mentally ill and addicted people to exist.

In jail and prison they just keep getting better, at getting worse and people keep dying.
blam

Eden Prairie, MN

#9 Sep 22, 2010
i'm a little disturbed at the lack of racial comments, here, topix people. We all know what this thread would look like if the perp's name was Tyrone, Miguel, or Abdi...

Let's just admit that whites are the #1 perpetrators of reckless/DWI driving deaths, and call it a day (because it's true).

Since: Jun 09

Lincoln, NE

#10 Sep 22, 2010
blam wrote:
i'm a little disturbed at the lack of racial comments, here, topix people. We all know what this thread would look like if the perp's name was Tyrone, Miguel, or Abdi...
Let's just admit that whites are the #1 perpetrators of reckless/DWI driving deaths, and call it a day (because it's true).
1. Go look at his mugshot.

2. Yet again, the first one to bring up race is the one calling everyone else a racist. Don't you have a riot to be inciting somewhere?
Mexi with Fake Name

Eden Prairie, MN

#11 Sep 22, 2010
Kevin sounds like a gringo, but no, look at his mugshot. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an illegal immigrant with a fake name. If so, he should have been deported back in 2006 when he was caught the first time. The joys of sanctuary city laws. Photo here: http://wcco.com/crime/hit.and.run.2.1924063.h...
"Doerr did not have a valid Minnesota license and had been arrested for drunk driving in 2006."
Incensed

Asia/Pacific Region

#12 Sep 22, 2010
Oddly enough, this isn't about race or politics. It's about men. The majority of drunk driving accidents are caused by men across all races, economics levels and political affiliations. The common link is that there were always people around them who could've stopped them and didn't - families, friends. And most men don't want to listen to anyone else, especially not their families or wives, etc. So if the finger should be pointed, it is on men who only think about themselves and can't take (or don't care to take) responsibility for their actions.

Politically, both parties have turned a blind eye to drunk driving. Members from both parties have pardoned people from DUIs and have been caught drunk driving. Again, common theme is they were all men. It would be nice if the men in this country could actually be responsible. And if those around took responsibility and didn't let them drive drunk.
Mexi with Fake Name

Eden Prairie, MN

#13 Sep 22, 2010
Someone in the police department should check to see if it's a stolen identity.
care4mn

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 22, 2010
Have you folks ever heard of adoption? Child of a bi-racial couple? Why jump to the conclusion that he's an illegal immigrant?
Brad

Saint Michael, MN

#15 Sep 22, 2010
blam wrote:
White?? Not this time.
Mexi with Fake Name

Eden Prairie, MN

#16 Sep 22, 2010
Look at him. That dude is not bi-racial unless you count the traces of centuries old Spanish blood that is in many Mexicans/Mestizos. If a white guy named Mr. Doerr shacked up with any kind of Hispanic woman, I don't think the kid would look like "Kevin." I suppose he could have been adopted, but then his adoptive parental guardians failed miserably at raising him. You obviously can't tell from a mugshot, but the police can also see how well he speaks English and how heavy his accent is to help determine if he's potentially illegal. He could be a naturalized citizen or the child of first generation immigrants who changed their name, but it's still worth checking if his SSN is used in two states, etc. I never "jumped to the conclusion," I just said it's worth investigating because there are clues that lead me to believe he _might_ be illegal. I might be wrong in assuming he's Mexican if he's Guatemalan or something, but either way, I still find his citizenship to be questionable and worth verifying.
Brad

Saint Michael, MN

#17 Sep 23, 2010
I am pretty sure he is Native American.
WTF

Lamberton, MN

#18 Sep 23, 2010
What is wrong with you people? White, black, Mexican, illegal/citizen, male or female - who gives a crap? None of these are reasons why someone would get behind the wheel, most likely under the influence, without a license and plow into another car and then flee the scene. His ethnicity, citizenship, and gender have nothing to do with this tragedy - pieces of shit come in all shapes and sizes.

How about everyone drop their racist/sexist bullshit and just offer some condolences to Ethan's family and friends.

Since: Apr 10

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Sep 23, 2010
WTF wrote:
What is wrong with you people? White, black, Mexican, illegal/citizen, male or female - who gives a crap? None of these are reasons why someone would get behind the wheel, most likely under the influence, without a license and plow into another car and then flee the scene. His ethnicity, citizenship, and gender have nothing to do with this tragedy - pieces of **** come in all shapes and sizes.
How about everyone drop their racist/sexist **** and just offer some condolences to Ethan's family and friends.
You are referring to everyone on this post, and there was only ONE individual that started the racial comments: BLAM.

I think everyone else had condolences for the family and now are just commenting on BLAM's stupidty.
Wild Rice

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Sep 23, 2010
I am from a town near Deer River, we are all shocked at what has happened! I do not know of this Kevin or his family, but my condolences go out to the Johnson family. Hearing of such horrible news coming from a small town community is very shocking, and for those of you who don't know about culture, why don't you learn it before going and making racial comments. I myself and my whole family are Native Americans, as is most of our community, but we are not all the drugged out, dead beat drunks you all picture us as! so please stop "assuming" it would be the same if he where white....either way it was a horrible thing that happened, and I hope his family finds peace. As for him I hope he gets the punnishiment he deserves and I think he should have to serve his Max. penality!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota utilites commission advances expansio... Sep 27 Sylvia 1
Police Cover-up Sep 17 Amyamy3535 1
Debate: Marijuana - Grand Rapids, MN (Nov '10) Sep 13 Big Frank 19
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
cost of living in Bovey, MN Jun '14 djconklin 1
Paul Iwerks May '14 Betrayed 1
American Hate Groups (Sep '09) Feb '14 Nature 10

Deer River Jobs

Deer River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Deer River News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer River

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]