Taxmenomore

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2014
Meant...500,000,000
Vote no on LPSD bond

La Porte, TX

#22 Mar 24, 2014
At the La Porte city council meeting tonight the facts about the La Porte school bond issued was clarified; A yes vote will raise property taxes up .252.The means over $250 per year increase on a $100,000 home. Lets make history and vote this down. This divides out to over $50,000 per student compared with $13,000 state wide. Vote no on the school bond.
While you are at it vote no on the city of La Porte sale tax hike too.
Around LP

Pasadena, TX

#23 Mar 25, 2014
Great comment Lucy! Lots of $$ to fill in the coffers of construction companies, insider investors, and project management consultants. Be an informed voter.
Around LP

Pasadena, TX

#24 Mar 25, 2014
Both taxing entities have common members making decisions. Look it up.
NO MAS TAXES

La Porte, TX

#25 Mar 25, 2014
THE BOARD APPROVED SOME SHADY VOTING PLACES TONIGHT AT THE BOARD MEETING
SUPERMAN GRAHAM SAID THEY ARE GOING TO VOTE AT THE SCHOOLS ON THE DAYS WHEN THEY HAVE FESTIVALS. THAT STINKS.
MAYBE THEY WILL GET PUTIN TO OVERSEE THE ELECTIONS

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#26 Mar 25, 2014
Around LP wrote:
How much is "Nearly Free Money"?
No such thing as free money... someone always pays.

www.HeavyFed.com

#27 Mar 25, 2014
When y'all get tired of corruption robbing you blind... let me know.
BIRD TOLD ME

La Porte, TX

#28 Mar 25, 2014
After the meeting there was talk outside about suing the school board on the election, I also herd talk of contacting the secretary of state and attorney general .
Vote NO to a Blank Check

Pasadena, TX

#29 Mar 28, 2014
The Bond Referendum is a blank check. It only guarantees they will spend "$260 MILLION on school buildings, school property, school buses and the levying of tax in the payment thereof."

Go ask a board trustee what this Bond referendum will GAURANTEE and they will tell you nothing. They will tell you this is our plan trust us. Yea Right!!!
sheryl

La Porte, TX

#30 Mar 28, 2014
Vote NO to a Blank Check wrote:
The Bond Referendum is a blank check. It only guarantees they will spend "$260 MILLION on school buildings, school property, school buses and the levying of tax in the payment thereof."
Go ask a board trustee what this Bond referendum will GAURANTEE and they will tell you nothing. They will tell you this is our plan trust us. Yea Right!!!
As a teacher I can tell you that we are being pressured to vote for this bond or else. Dr. Graham wants this for his ego just like king nebuchadnezzar did. Graham will lend up eating grass just like Nebbie did.
Vote NO to a BLANK CHECK

Houston, TX

#31 Mar 29, 2014
sheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
As a teacher I can tell you that we are being pressured to vote for this bond or else. Dr. Graham wants this for his ego just like king nebuchadnezzar did. Graham will lend up eating grass just like Nebbie did.
He is not a Dr he lied about getting one of those too. There is so much hidden stuff about this bond it is not even funny.

Go to the bond link on the web site and the actual Bond Referendum can not be found.
Vote FOR the Bonds

Pasadena, TX

#32 Mar 30, 2014
Again the above poster (#31) lies.

Mr Graham has never claimed to have a doctorate. The Board knows this. Frankly it is unnecessary. Mr Graham has done a wonderful job guiding this district. When Mr Graham was hired by the LPISD Board of Trustees, LPISD was dangerously close to incurring state sanctions. We are now fully compliant with all regulations and ethical practices.

Graham got rid of a lot of deadwood. He is still cleaning house. He is a financial genius. Our school are much improved, and although we have a much larger population of poorer (economically) students than most districts around us, our kids are doing much better than most.
Lucy

La Porte, TX

#33 Mar 30, 2014
The financial genius is going to take us down the road of financial ruin if we pass this bond. We have a debt through 2024 of over 260 million. This is on the district website financial report. Per student that is $25,000. The state average is $15,000 per student. If the bond passes the district will owe well over 1/2 billion or more than 60,000 per student. I think everyone got their home valuations for tax purposes yesterday. How much did yours go up? They will have to raise your taxes to pay this off, the referendum says they can. It doesn't say where they will spend the money..it is at the discretion of the board and administration to decide.
Lucy

La Porte, TX

#34 Mar 30, 2014
Let me correct my previous statement. I went back to the district website and looked at the audit report. On page 38 it states we owe 170 million through 2024, 250 million through 2028 and 294 million through 2031. Go to texastransparency.org to compare us to other districts our size.

www.HeavyFed.com

#35 Mar 30, 2014
Remember how La Porte got screwed on that last sales tax hike that was supposed to be for emergency services?

They just juggled their budget to use the money elsewhere.

The same kind of thing will happen if this bond is passed.

The same kind of thing that happened with the motel tax and Five Points.

It will be funneled away by the packrats into their bank accounts, one way or another.

They seem to always find a "legal" way to do it.

Campaign contributions, consulting fees, land deals, gifts... outright bribes... they are crooked as hell.

I have been on their trail for some time now... I can smell them a mile away... and I know them when I look into their eyes.

Let me know when y'all are tired of being screwed by the corruption controlling La Porte.

I know I am tired of them screwing me.

www.HeavyFed.com
Fwd think

United States

#37 Mar 30, 2014
Lucy wrote:
Let me correct my previous statement. I went back to the district website and looked at the audit report. On page 38 it states we owe 170 million through 2024, 250 million through 2028 and 294 million through 2031. Go to texastransparency.org to compare us to other districts our size.
Great post, as far as deadwood goes, vote FOR, it all washes ashore in the admin building, enough to make a huge bonfire that would last for months...... It hardly takes a genius to manage financials, but a doctorate in education is a cut above isn't it? Other districts seem to think so....
Taxpayers, do your due diligence, go to their selected voting sites (tsk tsk tsk) and pull the lever on what YOU want to happen
Rumormill

La Porte, TX

#38 Mar 30, 2014
Vote For the bond- Thank you Mr. Clausen for supporting the bond and clearing everything up for us poor people.

Oh Elaine the contractors didn't say the programs was not industry standard the industry partners that work with the school to help educate the kids did. Guess your wrong!.
Speaking of contractors I wonder if Telepeson (or however it is spelled) gets a no bid contract on all of this gravy?

Unfortunately the bond is not spelled out so it is a blank check. There is no guarantee that what is presented will be done. They could just build a $260 billion football stadium!
Vote NO to a Blank Check

Pasadena, TX

#39 Mar 30, 2014
Vote FOR the Bonds wrote:
Mr Graham has never claimed to have a doctorate. The Board knows this. Frankly it is unnecessary. Mr Graham has done a wonderful job guiding this district. When Mr Graham was hired by the LPISD Board of Trustees, LPISD was dangerously close to incurring state sanctions. We are now fully compliant with all regulations and ethical practices.
Graham got rid of a lot of deadwood. He is still cleaning house. He is a financial genius. Our school are much improved, and although we have a much larger population of poorer (economically) students than most districts around us, our kids are doing much better than most.
I guess you didn't read "GETTING." When we hired him He stated he was going to GET a doctorate.

Financial Genius? Any idiot can lower bond cost when the Interest rates are going down. The same holds true for construction cost.

You call trying to rig the election, threatening teachers and hiding key information about the bond improving the district? I wouldn't trust this administration with $0.26 much less a $260 million blank check
Research please

United States

#40 Mar 31, 2014
Vote FOR the Bonds wrote:
At the time of his hiring we has working on the Doctorate at UT. Never finished it. Claimed he would. Focus...school finance. It is in the hiring press release he was working on it. LPISD was NEVER close to incurring state sanctions. If you were told this...shame on you for not vetting this information. State sanctions in what area? Are you sure that we have a larger pop of low SES than other districts in area? More than Galena Park? Baytown? Pasadena? Do your research. And if he is such a financial genius, then why do we need to vote yes to such a large bond proposal?
girl, please

Houston, TX

#41 Mar 31, 2014
Heavy Fed wrote:
Remember how La Porte got screwed on that last sales tax hike that was supposed to be for emergency services?

They just juggled their budget to use the money elsewhere.

The same kind of thing will happen if this bond is passed.

The same kind of thing that happened with the motel tax and Five Points.

It will be funneled away by the packrats into their bank accounts, one way or another.

They seem to always find a "legal" way to do it.

Campaign contributions, consulting fees, land deals, gifts... outright bribes... they are crooked as hell.

I have been on their trail for some time now... I can smell them a mile away... and I know them when I look into their eyes.

Let me know when y'all are tired of being screwed by the corruption controlling La Porte.

I know I am tired of them screwing me.

www.HeavyFed.com
Because you have seen an increase in your taxes paid to a city you don't live in? Girl, please...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans - Obama saves the internet 27 min josh 16
Texas Bill to Legalize Pot! 6 hr Heavy Fed 11
Iran invades Iraq! 6 hr Heavy Fed 9
La Porte's 1st ANNUAL MARDI GRAS 6 hr Heavy Fed 35
People who mow grass or landscaping should have... (Jul '10) 19 hr DPTEX 24
Loud BOOM - About 3:30 am early this morning (S... Wed Elmer 2
Stokes running for city council AGAIN? Wed ShelleyStokesIsAC... 2

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match