Jeff Pound candiate for Mayor interview
bgitex

Pasadena, TX

#83 Apr 2, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also view Jeff Pound on facebook. Having filed for city council a few years ago I can tell you knocking on doors is very slow especially when someone is home and wants to visit. Jeff has served as a councilman for two terms (four years) so he has years of experience representing the citizens. Mr. Mouton has served less than one term or if you extract the time it takes to learn the position then he has less than one year of experience. Most of that time he sat quiet and voted with the Mayor. Rubber stamped if you will.
With a very small percent of the registered voters actually voting I would say not many are informed and vote by following the pied piper especially in precinct 420. IMO, this year the citizens can break the Riddle/Burke strangle hold and get some real representation with conservative spending, but they must vote to make a difference. If the same pied piper band control the voting numbers, then perhaps the machine will continue grinding you taxes for useless agendas.
Property tax: Mr Stokes, City Manager, has commented in a budget meeting that they need to make up the $4 million that Shell has ceased paying as part of their industrial payment. Sales tax cannot make up a ten % decrease in these payments...property tax would need to go from $.72 to $1.05 to make up that difference. They know citizens would revolt if that happened, but expect that to happen if another source of funding is not available. The best city solution for the loss of industrial payment would be to cut the city spending .
Remember, the city is wanting to expand the after school program by leasing or taking possession (buying) the old SJE school building. The 53 year old building with all of the electrical and sewer problems. This would only create more spending similar to the golf course and we all know, or should know, what that has cost over the years. Also, Mr. [email protected] has commented that the after school program pricing is only 25% of what others are charging, so why does the city keep the rates so low? This is not a quality of life issue, its a service provided by the tax payers and it should be charging much more to better help off set the decrease in industrial payments.
Will the taxpayer see their property taxes spiral to $1.07 like Mr. Stokes suggested? IMO, if Mr. Mouton is elected Mayor you will see those taxes increased drastically over the first two years along with any other taxing schemes available to him and Mr. Stokes. Property owners need to speak out now for a sales and use tax for PT ( property tax relief) before the remaining available amount is consumed by liberal spenders in the city government.
Citizens will have three choices for Mayor in the May election, Mr. Mouton, IMO, will NOT have your best interest, either of the other two would better represent the citizens and curb the liberal spending that we have seen over recent years without raising property taxes and or the sales tax rate unless its a sales tax increase strictly for property tax relief (PT).
Hey Bill, love you peice about our candiate & keep up the good work.
bgitex

Pasadena, TX

#84 Apr 2, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>His plan is to spend money so he can come to the simpletons of Deer Park, ask for and receive more.
That's his only plan. Based on past history he'll get the idiots to give it to him every time.
Andrea you hit the nail on the head. Very true what you said about the morons we have in this city. You know what scares me the most about these people. They have driver license's and or on the streets. Great comments keep it up.
Bill

Cypress, TX

#85 Apr 2, 2013
bgitex wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Bill, love you peice about our candiate & keep up the good work.
Thank you. Many more are pushing real hard for an open city government & conservative spending including Council Woman Sinor and maybe one or two other council members.

Hopefully after the May election we'll see a big big change. Happy, Happy, Happy
Andrea

Houston, TX

#86 Apr 2, 2013
bgitex wrote:
<quoted text>Andrea you hit the nail on the head. Very true what you said about the morons we have in this city. You know what scares me the most about these people. They have driver license's and or on the streets. Great comments keep it up.
I DIDN'T post that quote. Nice try.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#87 Apr 2, 2013
I hope that all candidates will be as frank and real about their visions, projects and dreams for this great city. If they suppress their vision, projects & dreams one must ask why? I want real people serving the needs of our city. If you want an opportunity center stand by your vision, if it's an after school program stand by your vision. God knows the hearts of all. Praying that God's hand will be in the midst of this election.
Votes

Seabrook, TX

#88 Apr 2, 2013
A Brand New Me wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "Deer Park Opportunity Center"?
look online on the deer park rotary website you will find the detail there and contact person.
WOW

Seabrook, TX

#90 Apr 3, 2013
POUND HIS AZZ wrote:
JEFF POUND FOR MAYOR...LET ME SEE HES A CRIMINAL, A THIEF AND HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE WOMAN HE MARRIED . IF I WAS HER ID POUND JEFF POUNDS AZZ WITH A STRAP ON AND d*CK SLAP HIM CRAZY...BUT THEN AGAIN THS FKN LOSER WOULD GET OFF ON THAT HAPPENING...YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORETO BY THE WAY
And your comments overflow with respect and innocence We should all drop what we are doing, follow you & believe in you.
Nail on the head

Deer Park, TX

#91 Apr 3, 2013
Reward Bad Decisions wrote:
So Pound, once an owner of a funeral home ran the business into the ground, has been cuffed twice and spent some time on the non-padded seats of a police cruiser is your choice to run a city like Deer Park?
You deserve him. He's reflective of the future.
Before you vote, do yourself a favor. Make a list of what business and financial decisions he's done right.
Paste them here__________
....Anyone have anything?

Since: Apr 13

Lockhart, TX

#92 Apr 11, 2013
yooflungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>refresh my memory....

who was it that went ape shit over an illegal sign on a fence???
If you were to be fined over an illegal sign, yet council members were not fined for having an illegal sign like yours would you not fight for yourself? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
curious

Pasadena, TX

#93 Apr 12, 2013
Reward Bad Decisions wrote:
So Pound, once an owner of a funeral home ran the business into the ground, has been cuffed twice and spent some time on the non-padded seats of a police cruiser is your choice to run a city like Deer Park?
You deserve him. He's reflective of the future.
Before you vote, do yourself a favor. Make a list of what business and financial decisions he's done right.
Paste them here__________
How would you know about the non-padded seats? Have you had a few rides yourself?

Since: Apr 13

Deer Park, TX

#94 Apr 13, 2013
Who wants Mr. Crouton for a brain as our Mayor.
His bribes are pathetic, he might as well pass out coupons. ;)

Jeff Pound has my vote!
Emma

Deer Park, TX

#95 Apr 14, 2013
No Way wrote:
So the funeral home wasn't in or near bankruptcy whenever Niday bought them out? And Jack Niday didn't fire Pounds?
Oh, and Pounds didn't have the police at his home for assault?
Oh, OK.
NO, Jack Niday didn,t fire Pounds. Pound quit two weeks befor because he didn't like the way things were going. If you want to talk money about that, I can do that that.
Emma

Deer Park, TX

#96 Apr 14, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>And your comments overflow with respect and innocence We should all drop what we are doing, follow you & believe in you.
This is responce to Wow. Do you know his Mother? If not you probably should be careful what you say.
Coco

Deer Park, TX

#97 Apr 19, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your contention "Really" that anyone who has a wife beats her? I assure you, I am happily married and real men don't hit women.
I don,t know you and you don,t know me but I DO know Jeff didn't hit his wife. If anyone did any hitting it was her along with other stuff . He was just trying to leave and she was blocking the door. He pushed her out of the way.
The other stuff about breaking into a car { his car by the way} was started by someone that would,t even bother to show up in court. Some people just like to get on here and see how much gossip they can start.
Private Eye

Friendswood, TX

#98 Apr 20, 2013
Who do you think is better prepared for a catastrophic event like we are seeing unfold on tv these past few days?? I feel much safer having a mayor with military background. Don't think it can't happen here, we live in plant city.
AndShannel

Katy, TX

#99 Apr 20, 2013
Yae, what she said!
Donna

Deer Park, TX

#100 Apr 20, 2013
Private Eye wrote:
Who do you think is better prepared for a catastrophic event like we are seeing unfold on tv these past few days?? I feel much safer having a mayor with military background. Don't think it can't happen here, we live in plant city.
Great point. Never thought of it that way. I hope Mr. Pound wins this election. A large group of us met with him the other day and he has our vote. Thank you for your service to this nation!
Hey

Friendswood, TX

#101 Apr 20, 2013
AndShannel wrote:
Yae, what she said!
;)
Anonymous

Houston, TX

#102 Apr 26, 2013
No Way wrote:
Police come to his home for an assault on his wife, he goes headfirst in the funeral business and purchases the most expensive equipment, placing Fairmont Funeral Home in so much debt they had little choice in selling to Jack Niday, oh he's a fine choice to lead the city.
He does have thing going for him, he makes Jimmy Burke look like a good leader.
Hit the nail on the head with this one! Those that have not been around him for a consistently have a hard time understanding these comments. If they have been around him consistenly and still have a hard time believing them, they are either blind or just like him.
Anonymous

Houston, TX

#103 Apr 26, 2013
Private Eye wrote:
Only if that military man has a stable head on his shoulders and not a hot one will his military experience help.

I don't care how much military experience one has, if he/she is not sober, it won't help. If he/she has anger issues -- won't matter 'bout the military experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best teeth this month! 3 hr Elaine 2
Obama Offends People in Louisana 6 hr josh 22
Hillary Helped Criminal Get Ten Million Dollars 6 hr josh 5
Trump Talking Special Prosecutor if Elected 12 hr observer 14
democrats gaining strength in Texas 12 hr observer 25
Colburn's Pest Control (Sep '09) 13 hr velma678 14
Raymond sanchez attorney 18 hr Truth 2

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance