“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#63 Mar 31, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you fear for your safety so much that you felt the need to call the police, his wife did?
Ask my husband, Lol...
Bill

Houston, TX

#64 Apr 1, 2013
FYI, in 2005 the City of Deer Park's industrial payment went from 10.9 million to 14.4 million for 2006, 16.2 million for 2007, 18.0 million for 2008, and 16.6 million for 2009, mainly due to huge increase form Shell Oil Chemical.

In 2010 and 2011 the City of Deer Park' industrial payments were 12.3 million and 12.9 million respectfully. During the four extraordinary years of 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 the city went bananas and started spending, but in 2010 & 2011 the lotto from Shell Oil Chemical ceased and the total industrial payments went back down to 12.2 million & 12.9 million respectfully.

The problem for 2010 was how to cut back, scale down the spending, without borrowing from the reserve fund. The simple solution would have been not to increase spending during the four outstanding years or do so modestly since all good things come to an end. But, like most lotto winners, they went crazy and didn't want to cut the additional payroll for the added positions. Normal payroll increases would not have been so difficult to handle except that some of those new positions had a much higher salary & benefits. An example for just two of those new hires had salary and benefits of $165,000.00 and $115,339.00.

So Mr. Pound is correct, the city has enough income, they just need to cut their spending. You are paying the price for what I call miss-management during those years with added property taxes and additional sales taxes,

Its time to have a conservative Mayor. IMP Mr. Mouton should be eliminated as a contender. Make sure to turn out conservative voters in MASS for this election and lets get Deer Park's spending under control.
Knocking

Deer Park, TX

#65 Apr 1, 2013
Who is knocking on doors to encourage people to vote?
I have seen nothing but a few signs. This forum has a very limited number of voters.
Bill

Houston, TX

#66 Apr 1, 2013
Knocking wrote:
Who is knocking on doors to encourage people to vote?
I have seen nothing but a few signs. This forum has a very limited number of voters.
You can also view Jeff Pound on facebook. Having filed for city council a few years ago I can tell you knocking on doors is very slow especially when someone is home and wants to visit. Jeff has served as a councilman for two terms (four years) so he has years of experience representing the citizens. Mr. Mouton has served less than one term or if you extract the time it takes to learn the position then he has less than one year of experience. Most of that time he sat quiet and voted with the Mayor. Rubber stamped if you will.

With a very small percent of the registered voters actually voting I would say not many are informed and vote by following the pied piper especially in precinct 420. IMO, this year the citizens can break the Riddle/Burke strangle hold and get some real representation with conservative spending, but they must vote to make a difference. If the same pied piper band control the voting numbers, then perhaps the machine will continue grinding you taxes for useless agendas.

Property tax: Mr Stokes, City Manager, has commented in a budget meeting that they need to make up the $4 million that Shell has ceased paying as part of their industrial payment. Sales tax cannot make up a ten % decrease in these payments...property tax would need to go from $.72 to $1.05 to make up that difference. They know citizens would revolt if that happened, but expect that to happen if another source of funding is not available. The best city solution for the loss of industrial payment would be to cut the city spending .

Remember, the city is wanting to expand the after school program by leasing or taking possession (buying) the old SJE school building. The 53 year old building with all of the electrical and sewer problems. This would only create more spending similar to the golf course and we all know, or should know, what that has cost over the years. Also, Mr. Swigert@deerparktx.org has commented that the after school program pricing is only 25% of what others are charging, so why does the city keep the rates so low? This is not a quality of life issue, its a service provided by the tax payers and it should be charging much more to better help off set the decrease in industrial payments.

Will the taxpayer see their property taxes spiral to $1.07 like Mr. Stokes suggested? IMO, if Mr. Mouton is elected Mayor you will see those taxes increased drastically over the first two years along with any other taxing schemes available to him and Mr. Stokes. Property owners need to speak out now for a sales and use tax for PT ( property tax relief) before the remaining available amount is consumed by liberal spenders in the city government.

Citizens will have three choices for Mayor in the May election, Mr. Mouton, IMO, will NOT have your best interest, either of the other two would better represent the citizens and curb the liberal spending that we have seen over recent years without raising property taxes and or the sales tax rate unless its a sales tax increase strictly for property tax relief (PT).
Andrea

Houston, TX

#67 Apr 1, 2013
I asked Mr. Adair just last week what the plans are for the old SJE. He said they are doing some repair to the building so they can house the DAEP Program and Print Shop for the next 2 years. I asked what they plan to do with the building after the 2 years were up, he said either keep the programs there or look at other options.
Really

Houston, TX

#68 Apr 1, 2013
Andrea wrote:
I asked Mr. Adair just last week what the plans are for the old SJE. He said they are doing some repair to the building so they can house the DAEP Program and Print Shop for the next 2 years. I asked what they plan to do with the building after the 2 years were up, he said either keep the programs there or look at other options.
His plan is to spend money so he can come to the simpletons of Deer Park, ask for and receive more.
That's his only plan. Based on past history he'll get the idiots to give it to him every time.
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#69 Apr 1, 2013
Andrea wrote:
There is strong suspicion San Jacinto Elementary will be used-at least in part-to house the long-touted "Deer Park Opportunity Center."
A Brand New Me

Deer Park, TX

#70 Apr 1, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>
There is strong suspicion San Jacinto Elementary will be used-at least in part-to house the long-touted "Deer Park Opportunity Center."
What is the "Deer Park Opportunity Center"?

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#71 Apr 1, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the exact same thing!!!
Watcher 2

United States

#72 Apr 1, 2013
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Heard the exact same thing!!!
It will.
Watcher 2

United States

#73 Apr 1, 2013
Andrea wrote:
The City has spent over 100,000 just studying the school.
Watcher 2

United States

#74 Apr 1, 2013
A Brand New Me wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "Deer Park Opportunity Center"?
Same as Community of Opportunity. Bosa Donuts.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#75 Apr 1, 2013
Watcher 2 wrote:
<quoted text>The City has spent over 100,000 just studying the school.
What??? Good grief...
bgitex

Pasadena, TX

#76 Apr 1, 2013
No Way wrote:
Police come to his home for an assault on his wife, he goes headfirst in the funeral business and purchases the most expensive equipment, placing Fairmont Funeral Home in so much debt they had little choice in selling to Jack Niday, oh he's a fine choice to lead the city.
He does have thing going for him, he makes Jimmy Burke look like a good leader.
You know nothing about what you are talking about "Pencil Dick". He was found not guilty & the furneal home deal has nothing to do with my Tax money & who cares but some supported of Mouton spreading lies..
bgitex

Pasadena, TX

#77 Apr 1, 2013
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Ask my husband, Lol...
What does this have to do with running our city & stop the same people from stealing more money from us taxpayers. If you don't have anything good to say stay off line.We can all run around spreader BS. Was he found guilty? Did he win the seat he was running for?
bgitex

Pasadena, TX

#78 Apr 1, 2013
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>Ask my husband, Lol...
Who is your husband ? I want to ask him was Jeff found guilty.
Watcher 2

United States

#79 Apr 1, 2013
bgitex wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about what you are talking about "Pencil Dick". He was found not guilty & the furneal home deal has nothing to do with my Tax money & who cares but some supported of Mouton spreading lies..
Agreed. But the Dude has some balls messing with the Power Mongers. Got to give him that.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#80 Apr 1, 2013
Watcher 2 wrote:
<quoted text>The City has spent over 100,000 just studying the school.
Ridiculous. No wonder why our taxes keep going up and up. We might as well get rid of the so-called leadership in this town and let the third graders take over the budget.
Knocking

Anonymous Proxy

#81 Apr 2, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also view Jeff Pound on facebook. Having filed for city council a few years ago I can tell you knocking on doors is very slow especially when someone is home and wants to visit. Jeff has served as a councilman for two terms (four years) so he has years of experience representing the citizens. Mr. Mouton has served less than one term or if you extract the time it takes to learn the position then he has less than one year of experience. Most of that time he sat quiet and voted with the Mayor. Rubber stamped if you will.
With a very small percent of the registered voters actually voting I would say not many are informed and vote by following the pied piper especially in precinct 420. IMO, this year the citizens can break the Riddle/Burke strangle hold and get some real representation with conservative spending, but they must vote to make a difference. If the same pied piper band control the voting numbers, then perhaps the machine will continue grinding you taxes for useless agendas.
Property tax: Mr Stokes, City Manager, has commented in a budget meeting that they need to make up the $4 million that Shell has ceased paying as part of their industrial payment. Sales tax cannot make up a ten % decrease in these payments...property tax would need to go from $.72 to $1.05 to make up that difference. They know citizens would revolt if that happened, but expect that to happen if another source of funding is not available. The best city solution for the loss of industrial payment would be to cut the city spending .
Remember, the city is wanting to expand the after school program by leasing or taking possession (buying) the old SJE school building. The 53 year old building with all of the electrical and sewer problems. This would only create more spending similar to the golf course and we all know, or should know, what that has cost over the years. Also, Mr. Swigert@deerparktx.org has commented that the after school program pricing is only 25% of what others are charging, so why does the city keep the rates so low? This is not a quality of life issue, its a service provided by the tax payers and it should be charging much more to better help off set the decrease in industrial payments.
Will the taxpayer see their property taxes spiral to $1.07 like Mr. Stokes suggested? IMO, if Mr. Mouton is elected Mayor you will see those taxes increased drastically over the first two years along with any other taxing schemes available to him and Mr. Stokes. Property owners need to speak out now for a sales and use tax for PT ( property tax relief) before the remaining available amount is consumed by liberal spenders in the city government.
Citizens will have three choices for Mayor in the May election, Mr. Mouton, IMO, will NOT have your best interest, either of the other two would better represent the citizens and curb the liberal spending that we have seen over recent years without raising property taxes and or the sales tax rate unless its a sales tax increase strictly for property tax relief (PT).
So running for office is time consuming, never entered my mind that being a problem. I know more voters that do not log on to facebook than do.
This forum and facebook will not get one elected,IMO.
Reward Bad Decisions

Pasadena, TX

#82 Apr 2, 2013
So Pound, once an owner of a funeral home ran the business into the ground, has been cuffed twice and spent some time on the non-padded seats of a police cruiser is your choice to run a city like Deer Park?

You deserve him. He's reflective of the future.

Before you vote, do yourself a favor. Make a list of what business and financial decisions he's done right.

Paste them here__________

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 47 min Gasman 700
Instant Karma is Going to Get You! 3 hr Texan 3
Okra Mistaken For POT! Unpossible! 13 hr Heavy Fed 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Gasman 543
Zoo at Herman Park Wed Texan 26
jok of the day Wed Texan 15
smell in deer park Mon yoyot 3

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match