Port of Plenty
Tatum

Waller, TX

#1 Apr 11, 2013
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

Burke says the smaller cities along the Houston Ship Channel should be allowed to reappoint him for as long as they want. A parade mayors -- from Baytown, Pasadena, Morgan's Point, Deer Park, Shore Acres and Pasadena -- came to Austin in March to defend Burke.
"Mr. Burke keeps getting reappointed because Mr. Burke answers my phone calls," Baytown Mayor Stephen Doncarlos said.
All the small city mayors there that day opposed the plan - so did the chairman of the port economic alliance. That group's CEO was at the hearing too opposing the bill -- a man named Chad Burke.
"It turns out they're father and son and it's indicative of the problem," Bonnen said.
The Economic Alliance-Houston Port Region received $1.6 million of public port money since Chad Burke became CEO in 2008. Chad himself makes $125,000 a year as CEO of the economic development group. It's funded by the port and businesses that do business with the port.
Commissioner Jimmy Burke says he abstains from the port votes related to the alliance, but the Texas Sunset Commission records show that doesn't always happen and he has voted to send money toward his son's group.
We asked the economic alliance about the conflict, they sent us a statement that didn't point to any policy or rules about how they deal with it. They simply said that Chad Burke represents the interests of their members, and he'll continue to do so.

Term limits should be mandatory for the City of Deer Park Mayor and Council and the Port Commission

Did the City of Deer Park buy land for the golf course from the Port? Seems like Burke got appointed to the commission soon after that happened. Does anyone know?

I heard that the golf course had plans for an area by East Blvd but then was changed to Georgia where the port had some land they wanted to sell?
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#2 Apr 11, 2013
I have heard the same thing. I also heard we evolved from apes but see no evidence of that either. Sometimes perception isn't reality.
Really

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 11, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
I have heard the same thing. I also heard we evolved from apes but see no evidence of that either. Sometimes perception isn't reality.
Just look in the mirror, that should convince you!
nuts2you

Deer Park, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2013
winston zeddemore wrote:
How is it that everytime you post anything it just proves what an idiot you are??? I think yu post just so people will respond - you must be very lonely.
PrivateEye

Friendswood, TX

#5 Apr 11, 2013
If you want to see more http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...
Shocked
PrivateEye

Friendswood, TX

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Did the taxpayers fund a trip to Austin? Which of our elected officials went to his defense and why? Isn't 14 years long enough? Who is wanting to slip into his shoes? What is the deal?
Burked etc

Pasadena, TX

#7 Apr 12, 2013
What is the sad part is that there are some citizens that believe that some sort of fair play or justice or sense of right and wrong somehow fits into the mix. What is the only truth is that they are in,the game is rigged. Politicians are not saints, they are the opposite. The term public servant or public service should be officially replaced by public menace or leach/ parasite.
What you should be doing is jumping on the boat that is serving the free hot dogs and finding someway to game the system also before it's too late and they have no need of you.
“Do you know what punishments I've endured for my crimes, my sins? None. I am proof of the absurdity of men's most treasured abstractions. A just universe wouldn't tolerate my existence.”
― Brent Weeks, The Way of Shadows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethnic slur or American idiom? (Nov '11) 7 hr Defiant1 32
Yeah...SOTUS rules Texas Republicans abortion l... 14 hr Heavy Fed 22
Coward Republicans Hiding 16 hr Elaine 33
Lppba charges filed 22 hr Pattymelt 1
earn money Thu mshell75 1
News LPPD Celebrates Another Citizen's Police Academ... Thu Taxpayer 16
If Trump does what he says... Thu Defiant1 13

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance