Upcoming City Election

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#121 Feb 16, 2012
Vote for Rae, Position 6! Chad Burke has also filed for 6. Let's pick up packets, folks. I did today. Decisions, decisions ;) This year ought to be fun!!
BROKE

United States

#122 Feb 17, 2012
Chad Burke supported raising the sales tax and if elected he will want to raise property taxes even more than was done recently and push for additional sales taxes as well. The City of Deer Park cannot vote in another raise my taxes candidate.

Vote for Rae or the city will have even worse budget problems and will continue with massive employment policies.

Anyone but Burke = Rae for position 6
Englishonlypleas e

United States

#123 Feb 17, 2012
http://www.deerparktx.gov/egov/docs/132942646...

Only citizens can vote, to be a citizen one must be able to read and speak English, so why does the city put the election information in Spanish?

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#124 Feb 17, 2012
BROKE wrote:
Chad Burke supported raising the sales tax and if elected he will want to raise property taxes even more than was done recently and push for additional sales taxes as well. The City of Deer Park cannot vote in another raise my taxes candidate.
Vote for Rae or the city will have even worse budget problems and will continue with massive employment policies.
Anyone but Burke = Rae for position 6
Agree!
Broke

United States

#125 Feb 17, 2012
We need three ladies on the right side of council, of course that would also include the all incumbents to be removed. go Andrea, go
shelley, go Rae.

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#126 Feb 17, 2012
BROKE wrote:
Chad Burke supported raising the sales tax and if elected he will want to raise property taxes even more than was done recently and push for additional sales taxes as well. The City of Deer Park cannot vote in another raise my taxes candidate.
Vote for Rae or the city will have even worse budget problems and will continue with massive employment policies.
Anyone but Burke = Rae for position 6
You can also expect Burke to push for spending more money on "economic development" programs, as he is part of the county program. We have already seen the "fabulous results" of such things, like murals on the side of those tanks, Port of Plenty and others. Don't you know that we need more of this type of stuff... like more gardens and statues along Center Street to attract the tourists?
Andrea

Houston, TX

#127 Feb 17, 2012
Broke wrote:
We need three ladies on the right side of council, of course that would also include the all incumbents to be removed. go Andrea, go
shelley, go Rae.
Interesting thought.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#128 Feb 17, 2012
sdjs wrote:
Vote for Rae, Position 6! Chad Burke has also filed for 6. Let's pick up packets, folks. I did today. Decisions, decisions ;) This year ought to be fun!!
Go Shelley Go!

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#129 Feb 17, 2012
They haven't even been elected yet and already they're adopting a policy of favoritism towards their friends.

Imagine what they'll do when they become power mad with the taxpayer's money. The first thing will be a free community gym with geezer access 24 hours a day.
Juan

United States

#130 Feb 17, 2012
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>You can also expect Burke to push for spending more money on "economic development" programs, as he is part of the county program. We have already seen the "fabulous results" of such things, like murals on the side of those tanks, Port of Plenty and others. Don't you know that we need more of this type of stuff... like more gardens and statues along Center Street to attract the tourists?
I think the cost of the murals was more per square foot than what you can buy land for in Deer Park, per sq', and the land won't fade and need constant painting like the murals, and of course the bridge at the golf course maintenance issues, what is it now, like $300,000.00 to fix? WE cam thank daddy Burke for that blunder. like father like son?

Port of plenty, as I recall his dads name came up in some of those issues didn't it? I remember the one about the France trip and Jimmy Burke's name being on one of the billings that was being questioned. Of course don't forget that Jimmy made the switch, as rumors go, on the golf course location form the east side of town to the Georgia location. Strange that the port of Houston owned a large piece of the land that was purchased for the golf course and in a short time Jimmy became a member of the port of Houston.

Economic development like raising taxes and baseball complexes that would loose money like the golf course. Don't forget the stars along our Broadway/scenic 225, now that brought a lot of tourist and economic growth. The growth in Texas has more to do with the climate, compared to the north, the lower labor costs, right to work state, and cheaper housing so lets not get on the band wagon about how much his economic alliance department did. Won't be long before he can convince voters to elect him governor, opps. He sounds just like Perry and all he did to make Texas balance budgets and control immigration. Opps, for get the immigration issue, Tx is over run with illegals.

Chad, if you can get all of the illegals out of tx i might vote for you. What have you done outside of spending grant money / and industrial donations for needles BS? Seems like someone provided you a pretty cool job, don't need more taxes. Go Team Rae!
Go Rae

Deer Park, TX

#131 Feb 20, 2012
Broke wrote:
We need three ladies on the right side of council, of course that would also include the all incumbents to be removed. go Andrea, go
shelley, go Rae.
Go Rae! No really.... GO.... far away.

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#132 Feb 20, 2012
Looks like someone might be worried they'll lose their seat. LOL

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#133 Feb 20, 2012
DPTX wrote:
Looks like someone might be worried they'll lose their seat. LOL
;)

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#134 Feb 20, 2012
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>Go Shelley Go!
Go Andrea Go!!!!!! ;)

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#135 Feb 20, 2012
Remember "Go Newt Go"?

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#136 Feb 21, 2012
Remember Go Scrub a Toilet?
citizens against Burke

United States

#137 Feb 21, 2012
While Burke said consideration for revenues by way of increased fees for service is one way of meeting the city’s budget, he says he is not in favor of an increase in property tax.

“I am generally not in favor of raising taxes,” he said.“I don’t want to see my property taxes go up, just like anybody else, so I am always going to look for alternatives other than raising taxes…always.”

City council workshop
February 15 2011

3. PRESENTATION REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION FROM THE AD HOC
TYPE B ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMITTEE City Manager
Jay Stokes commented. The committee that was appointed elected Chad Burke as the chair of the committee.

Chad Burke 1813 South Carlsbad Deer Park Texas commented: some of the committee members included Tim Culp, Jerry Mouton, Les Ellard, Gerald Cothran, Arnold Adair and me (Chad Burke). The committee was charged with three main points recommending ballot language for the Type B prioritizing projects that will be pursued.

So how is it that Mr Burke was chair for the committee to aggressively push for Type B taxation? He generally is not In favor or raising taxes? His committee was charged with recommending ballot language for the Type B sales tax that was presented to the City so I would call Mr. Burke's comment of generally being against raising taxes a bunch of political BS. He is for raising your taxes just like the Mayor and the current City Council; that is why he cannot be elected. Keep your taxes low, vote against all sitting council.

A tax is a tax and that includes raising the sales tax rate as Mr. Burke and his committee wanted. Do you really believe that he would be against raising property taxes to fund his desired projects such as a sports complex? You better take a closer look if you fall for such deception.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#138 Feb 21, 2012
citizens against Burke wrote:
While Burke said consideration for revenues by way of increased fees for service is one way of meeting the city’s budget, he says he is not in favor of an increase in property tax.
“I am generally not in favor of raising taxes,” he said.“I don’t want to see my property taxes go up, just like anybody else, so I am always going to look for alternatives other than raising taxes…always.”
City council workshop
February 15 2011
3. PRESENTATION REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION FROM THE AD HOC
TYPE B ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLANNING COMMITTEE City Manager
Jay Stokes commented. The committee that was appointed elected Chad Burke as the chair of the committee.
Chad Burke 1813 South Carlsbad Deer Park Texas commented: some of the committee members included Tim Culp, Jerry Mouton, Les Ellard, Gerald Cothran, Arnold Adair and me (Chad Burke). The committee was charged with three main points recommending ballot language for the Type B prioritizing projects that will be pursued.
So how is it that Mr Burke was chair for the committee to aggressively push for Type B taxation? He generally is not In favor or raising taxes? His committee was charged with recommending ballot language for the Type B sales tax that was presented to the City so I would call Mr. Burke's comment of generally being against raising taxes a bunch of political BS. He is for raising your taxes just like the Mayor and the current City Council; that is why he cannot be elected. Keep your taxes low, vote against all sitting council.
A tax is a tax and that includes raising the sales tax rate as Mr. Burke and his committee wanted. Do you really believe that he would be against raising property taxes to fund his desired projects such as a sports complex? You better take a closer look if you fall for such deception.
I was on that committee. My thoughts weren't too popular though.
citizens against Burke

United States

#139 Feb 21, 2012
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>I was on that committee. My thoughts weren't too popular though.
Yes, I heard a rumor that you were not going along with the tax increase committee. Too bad they didn't listen to you. Maybe you can speak out about those who were there and their agenda, as if we didn't already know. folks, they want your tax money to move forward with their pet projects and won't stop until they get it passed, if they don't have enough they will push for more. Vote for Rae.

Current council wants to increase your taxes, sales and property, they have a huge appetite for spending.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#140 Feb 21, 2012
citizens against Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I heard a rumor that you were not going along with the tax increase committee. Too bad they didn't listen to you. Maybe you can speak out about those who were there and their agenda, as if we didn't already know. folks, they want your tax money to move forward with their pet projects and won't stop until they get it passed, if they don't have enough they will push for more. Vote for Rae.
Current council wants to increase your taxes, sales and property, they have a huge appetite for spending.

The agenda for the tax/taxes was poured out onto a brochure which many people received by mail or maybe they read about it in the paper.

It was a very interesting moment in time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deocrats will shut the government down 2 hr Farts Cheese 4
TRUMP is correct 5 hr Election Farts 24
Lpbba coaches on crack 7 hr Coach Fart 2
News Gas drops below $3.50 per gallon in city (May '11) 17 hr STINK FART 2
democrats said they would move to CANADA 21 hr Forum of Farts 7
homeless people in cars at walmart (Feb '17) Wed Super Stinky Farts 30
snowflakes say false alarm all TRUMPS fault Jan 16 Release farts 6

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deer Park Mortgages