Other School District was ready!

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
SourLake

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Talk to Teacher from Sour Lake, she said our School District has been getting ready for the State to cut funding. When someone retired we did not replace the Teacher the last 2 years. Also a teacher with 10 years service was paid about $42,00 a year, while in DP a teacher with 10 years of service make about $76,000 a year. I think we need to make a change with who run our School District.
Grammar Police

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you're a recent graduate of DPISD, I would have to agree that changes need to be made. When you're able to put complete, coherent sentences together into a paagraph, come on back and tell us how to run a school district.
clueless

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 24, 2012
 
SourLake wrote:
Talk to Teacher from Sour Lake, she said our School District has been getting ready for the State to cut funding. When someone retired we did not replace the Teacher the last 2 years. Also a teacher with 10 years service was paid about $42,00 a year, while in DP a teacher with 10 years of service make about $76,000 a year. I think we need to make a change with who run our School District.
You are a rumor starting clueless person. Teacher pay scale is posted for all to see and is nowhere near 76k!!!! get a life
school

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Its not theteacher's pay tha's the problem, its the ways our administration will waste the money!
sour grapes

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 24, 2012
 
SourLake wrote:
Talk to Teacher from Sour Lake, she said our School District has been getting ready for the State to cut funding. When someone retired we did not replace the Teacher the last 2 years. Also a teacher with 10 years service was paid about $42,00 a year, while in DP a teacher with 10 years of service make about $76,000 a year. I think we need to make a change with who run our School District.
You might have been looking at the city payroll, but certainly not department heads, they are much higher.
Annuit Coeptis

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 25, 2012
 
school wrote:
Its not theteacher's pay tha's the problem, its the ways our administration will waste the money!
school,

Can you be specific? How exactly does administration waste money? Provide some examples, please.

Annuit Coeptis
SourLake

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 25, 2012
 
If you educated adminstration people could come up with another way to solve money problem in DPISD beside always raising taxes boy that would be news!
SourLake

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 25, 2012
 
Making kids fill like a loser if they don't go to college, this is why we need to teach the kids not going to college a trade. Trades like welding, electrical, plumbing, brick laying, home building,
barber, and etc..
Annuit Coeptis

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 25, 2012
 
SourLake wrote:
Making kids fill like a loser if they don't go to college, this is why we need to teach the kids not going to college a trade. Trades like welding, electrical, plumbing, brick laying, home building,
barber, and etc..
I agree. Not everyone is going o go to a four-year college. But gov Rick perry and the Texas legislature don't agree with us on that. Rey think everyone should graduate college ready, whether they actually go to college or not. And trust me, if your kid doesn't go to college, gov Goodhair absolutely thinks your kid is a loser.

AC
Voter

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 29, 2012
 
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
<quoted text>
school,
Can you be specific? How exactly does administration waste money? Provide some examples, please.
Annuit Coeptis
LMAO Really???? you really just asked that???
Have you not seen the new Admin Building or the new press box at the stadium????? REALLY???????? Gimme a break!
Voter

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 29, 2012
 
Oh yea and don't give me your BS about that being bond money and not a part of your unnecessary tax increase.Tax payers are paying for it and it was blatant waste!
Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Just overkill imo.
Yardman

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 5, 2013
 
Andrea wrote:
Just overkill imo.
I need to mow the lawn. A $100 push mower from Walmart will suffice but since I'm spending your money I think I'll go to Lowes and buy a $2000 dollar riding mower. OVERKILL-WASTE
Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Yardman wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to mow the lawn. A $100 push mower from Walmart will suffice but since I'm spending your money I think I'll go to Lowes and buy a $2000 dollar riding mower. OVERKILL-WASTE
I hear you!

A little off subject, but youll get the jest of it.
I heard about a man some time back that worked for a company who loaned him a company vehicle and loaned him a gas card. He not only would fill up the vehicle, but would also fill up his wife's car. That is just so wrong!!! Unfortunately it's everywhere.
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught." ~J.C. Watts

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deer Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••