Police speed traps along 146

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wolfsbear

La Porte, TX

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Has anyone else noticed a HUGE increase in the number of radar traps along 146 lately? For the last four days in a row, the police have been on either side of Fairmont Parkway pulling people over on the feeder roads and ticketing them. Our police department is turning into those pricks from Shoreacres. It has always been kind of an unwritten rule that the police sort of left commuters alone during rush hour, unless you were being just totally stupid. More and more, I see LaPorte, Shoreacres, Deer Park, and Harris County Constables out in force. My trip to work is a sea of red-n-blue. The cops remind me of grizzly bears along a salmon stream, just picking them off at will.
This is BULLSHIT!! I know tax receipts are down in municipalities all over the country. But the police are turning into "uniformed tax collectors".
If you can't pay your bills, do what we do and CUT YOUR SPENDING!! You mayors and councilmen, take heed. This will not fly for long. If you need to see a "Tea Party Revolt" on a local level, keep pulling this shit. If I have to, I'll run for Mayor, just so I can personally fire the Chief of Police.
Ur an Idiot Wolf

La Porte, TX

#2 Sep 22, 2010
It's easy. Watch the speed limit and obey it. That means if the speed limits is 45 mph, you don't exceed that. Very simple. If you pay attention you will only have to worry about your bills and not paying tickets.

Oh and by the way, your arrival to work without injury is courtesy of your local police stopping speeders and other idiots. The more police, the merrier. That's how a law abiding citizen thinks. Only law breakers and fools think otherwise.
Wolfsbear is a loser

Deer Park, TX

#3 Sep 22, 2010
How may times can you people complain about "speed traps"? Hey morons, if you don't speed they can't do ANYTHING to you. I hope you get a speeding ticket every day Wolfsbear! Crybaby wuss!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

La Porte, TX

#4 Sep 22, 2010
You're missing the point. I'm not against the police. My own father was a 35 year veteran of the police force back home. I have nothing but respect for the profession. But you can't tell me that this is anything other than a bald face attempt to collect more taxes from the citizens. Where was this enforcement before? What major safety issue are they addressing? Are we experiencing a lot of accidents on these two adjacent feeder roads? I have a 12 mile drive to work in Deer Park and have seen as many as 6 people pulled other by one jurisdiction or the other. Are we really that bad of drivers? I get to travel some in my line of work. Ten days in the Netherlands and I saw 1 policeman. Canada was much the same. You can't swing a dead cat in LaPorte without hitting a policeman. Are we really that lawless? Police for years have denied ever having a quota. I think that will be impossible now.

La Porte, TX

#5 Sep 22, 2010
And by the way, I haven't had a moving violation since 1987.
Compromise

La Porte, TX

#6 Sep 23, 2010
wolfsbear wrote:
You're missing the point. I'm not against the police. My own father was a 35 year veteran of the police force back home. I have nothing but respect for the profession. But you can't tell me that this is anything other than a bald face attempt to collect more taxes from the citizens. Where was this enforcement before? What major safety issue are they addressing? Are we experiencing a lot of accidents on these two adjacent feeder roads? I have a 12 mile drive to work in Deer Park and have seen as many as 6 people pulled other by one jurisdiction or the other. Are we really that bad of drivers? I get to travel some in my line of work. Ten days in the Netherlands and I saw 1 policeman. Canada was much the same. You can't swing a dead cat in LaPorte without hitting a policeman. Are we really that lawless? Police for years have denied ever having a quota. I think that will be impossible now.
Let's raise taxes for police and the courts, with the proviso that there will be no more radar guns or speed traps in LP? Good idea?
Well

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 23, 2010
Hey FYI there is no such thing as a speed trap!!!! They are just doing their job. Oh and if you didnít know someone almost ran their car into the town homes a few weeks ago because they were flying down the feeder road. I would much rather see more officers out there writing tickets than driving around! Donít speed and you wonít get a ticket...itís not rocket science.
Well

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 23, 2010
Are you just one of those bitter people that just recently got a ticket in Lp because thatís what it sounds like to me! Netherlands and Canada....let me guess you must be one of those educated idiots that works for Shell. Oh and those cops didnít make you speed did they?
Just Me

Houston, TX

#9 Sep 23, 2010
FYI, Officers sitting with radars on the feeder at Fairmont is nothing new.
WOLFPUSSY

La Porte, TX

#10 Sep 23, 2010
Just Me wrote:
FYI, Officers sitting with radars on the feeder at Fairmont is nothing new.
YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT IT IS NOTHING NEW THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS. ITS JUST ANOTHER WHINING PUSSBAG.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2010
WOLFPUSSY wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT IT IS NOTHING NEW THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS. ITS JUST ANOTHER WHINING PUSSBAG.
Why do you always have to be so nasty?

Did your mommy not give you enough love?

Come see me if you need a hug.
CK PSYCHO

La Porte, TX

#12 Sep 23, 2010
Wolfsbear wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a HUGE increase in the number of radar traps along 146 lately? For the last four days in a row, the police have been on either side of Fairmont Parkway pulling people over on the feeder roads and ticketing them. Our police department is turning into those pricks from Shoreacres. It has always been kind of an unwritten rule that the police sort of left commuters alone during rush hour, unless you were being just totally stupid. More and more, I see LaPorte, Shoreacres, Deer Park, and Harris County Constables out in force. My trip to work is a sea of red-n-blue. The cops remind me of grizzly bears along a salmon stream, just picking them off at will.
This is BULLSHIT!! I know tax receipts are down in municipalities all over the country. But the police are turning into "uniformed tax collectors".
If you can't pay your bills, do what we do and CUT YOUR SPENDING!! You mayors and councilmen, take heed. This will not fly for long. If you need to see a "Tea Party Revolt" on a local level, keep pulling this shit. If I have to, I'll run for Mayor, just so I can personally fire the Chief of Police.
You know it pisses me off too everytime I get a ticket. The problem is I have no one to blame but myself.The fact that there is an increase in speed traps may very well have to do with lower tax revenue. I am not sure that they nare trying to make money off writting tickets.Perhaps the officers have been told to stop riding around burning gas with the air conditioner on and to get out of the car and enforce the laws.

The problem I have with the feeder on 146 south of Fairmont Parkway is that if you are going southbound the limit is 55 mph and only 35 on the northbound side. This can tend to throw off even the most attentive driver.

La Porte, TX

#13 Sep 23, 2010
CK Psycho, thank you for your considered response. Again, let me say for the record, I haven't had a ticket in almost 25 years. I'm not some bitten driver who just got nailed. What I am is a tired tax payer whose had enough. After Hurricane Ike, the City was going to cut off additional heavy trash pickup because of the expense, but they found the money to plant palm tress and oleanders on the overpasses on 146. Palm Trees??!! The palm trees almost made sense if the reason was to reduce the need to mow, saving the government(City or State) money. But they're still mowing, and now it harder because they have to mow around all the damn plants! My son couldn't bring one of his school books home to study from school because they didn't have enough books for all the students. Where are all my property taxes going?! No, I don't work for Shell, like some other blogger suggested. I'm struggling like everybody else. I'm just tired of the government with their hands in my pocket.
WOLFY

La Porte, TX

#14 Sep 23, 2010
DO YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE? YOUR ONE OF THE MANY RESIDENTS IT SEEMS THAT ALL YOU DO IS CRY BITCH MOAN AND COMPLAIN AND VENT ON THIS WEBSITE LIKE ITS GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. NO ONE CARES.
Laporte

Pasadena, TX

#15 Sep 24, 2010
WOLFY wrote:
DO YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE? YOUR ONE OF THE MANY RESIDENTS IT SEEMS THAT ALL YOU DO IS CRY BITCH MOAN AND COMPLAIN AND VENT ON THIS WEBSITE LIKE ITS GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. NO ONE CARES.
WEBSTER SAYS:
Forum: assembly for open discussion
Discussion: Conversation or debate concerning a particular

If you (& others) don't want to read something you don't agree with, don't come here. People have a right to express their opinions/thoughts/grips etc. Refer to definations above.

And further more, maybe somebody SHOULD care, i.e. our city officials. That is their job, to listen to the citizens. If they don't like/want to, then they should't run for office. UNLESS, they are NOT working for the people? Hmmmmmm....ya think?
Law Abiding

La Porte, TX

#16 Sep 24, 2010
There's no quota. The amount of revenue the city collects from tickets is very small. A majority of the revenue goes to the state. Also, the police department can't buy themselves stuff or give themselves raises from that revenue. The state code is very strict on how those funds are spent. Look it up people.

I don't like getting pulled over but when I do, it's not because I'm being harassed, it's because I got caught breaking the law. No one to blame but myself. I got pulled over on Spencer a month ago for speeding and the officer was very polite and professional. I apologized for speeding and waited for him while he went to his car. The officer returned and told me to be careful and drive safely. No ticket. Imagine that!

I don't mind the police being out in force. When the police are out, the bad people are in.
robbery

La Porte, TX

#17 Sep 24, 2010
just found out that valero on spencer and 146 was robbed. kings barbque was robbed, and a liquor store was robbed. all three were robbed last week. i have said once before and got chewed out but if these freakin cops spent a little more time watching over people(to protect and serve) then sitting in the cars waiting on speeders, then maybe these establishments will not get robbed. if you don't believe me, go to valero and look at the newly installed bullet proof glass. they were robbed at gun point. how would you feel if your son or daughter was in one of those places when a robbery went down and people got hurt?? i guarantee your attitude would be a lot different. these cops and speed traps reminds me a nazi germany. lets face it, it has been bad every since we had the 4 dollar a gallon gasoline. the chronicle did a story on that and that was a way for municipalities to generate money to pay for offset in gas prices. i am not condoning speeding, i am just saying that you can't do two things at once. there has to be police involvment around town...not just catching speeders.
uhhuh

Pasadena, TX

#18 Sep 24, 2010
Wolfsbear wrote:
Totally understand your frustration. Heard they are doing the STEP program again - some OT state program where no one gets out easy!

Since: Jun 10

Lapohte

#19 Sep 25, 2010
i plaud da po po fo doin dere yabs, iffin youz be a speeda youz iz gonna gez a ticka , iffin it be safe fo K-man tooz dribe his nabbigata or s-calayd i lubbem lotz . lapoht neez ta be feard fo keepin da crimminalz outta ow fair citi. ize be lubbin mah home and homies whooz be libbin in da towen.

La Porte, TX

#20 Sep 26, 2010
Please tell me that last post was a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Porte recent series of burglaries solved. (Feb '11) Thu I needa fart 95
Southern Komfort Kitchen Class Action? Aug 14 Spatula farts 9
Job (Dec '16) Aug 13 More fart info 339
Hildebeast Going Down Aug 13 Posting more farts 6
Elaine still crushing on Fubar Aug 11 Fartbar luncheon 8
review: La Car Porte Aug 10 Fart smell 11
Snider transmission!!! Aug 10 Fart mission 4

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance