Let's Talk Trash - City Service
1DPopinion

Deer Park, TX

#21 Nov 1, 2013
I don't think any of you have any idea just how hard the sanitation crew works. Yes I know from Personal experience as a retired city employee. They get out in the hot sun, cold weather, rain or whatever else is thrown their way. They pick up bags, which people usually overfill, taking a chance of hurting themselves. If citizens forget to set out their trash, the supervisor generally will pick it up or send someone else out to get it. They are courteous and helpful to those that are elderly or disabled. All of them are exposed to smelly, bug infested trucks which would make a grown man puke! I would say to any of you here griping about THIS city service...put on their uniform and trade places with them. You wouldn't make it an hour !!!!
So stop your griping and obey the rules because you're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Why don't you just wave at them and say thank you for a great job.
Theo

Deer Park, TX

#22 Nov 3, 2013
I don't know if it is because you are being delusional or if it is because, as has been established, you are not that bright Andrea but I absolutely know what I am talking about. I have seen you in action and I have also seen the many eye rolls you get. Despite the fact you think you have made great strides in this City, not everyone takes you as seriously as you do.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#23 Nov 3, 2013
Theo wrote:
I don't know if it is because you are being delusional or if it is because, as has been established, you are not that bright Andrea but I absolutely know what I am talking about. I have seen you in action and I have also seen the many eye rolls you get. Despite the fact you think you have made great strides in this City, not everyone takes you as seriously as you do.
Theo, Theo, wherefore art thou Theo? Please come forward for tea and let's discuss your issues.... Can't wait.......
D P Cassie

Pasadena, TX

#24 Nov 3, 2013
Theo wrote:
I don't know if it is because you are being delusional or if it is because, as has been established, you are not that bright Andrea but I absolutely know what I am talking about. I have seen you in action and I have also seen the many eye rolls you get. Despite the fact you think you have made great strides in this City, not everyone takes you as seriously as you do.
Are you talking about Andrea? If so, she got a lot more than eye rolls when she ran against the mighty Mrs. Cobb. She lost by a mere 80 votes. What do you owe this to?
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#25 Nov 4, 2013
Some stand with me, some stand against. Some people like me and others don't. I understand all the combinations as well. I understand the paradigm and I am at peace.
D P Cassie

Pasadena, TX

#26 Nov 4, 2013
Andrea wrote:
Some stand with me, some stand against. Some people like me and others don't. I understand all the combinations as well. I understand the paradigm and I am at peace.
This post was very well stated. I voted for you when you ran against Beckie Cobb and if you decide to run again....I will vote for you.
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#27 Nov 4, 2013
D P Cassie wrote:
<quoted text>This post was very well stated. I voted for you when you ran against Beckie Cobb and if you decide to run again....I will vote for you.
Thank you DP Cassie.
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#29 Nov 5, 2013
Back to the original topic...

So, is the ordinance specifically concerning garbage, trash or both?

The article continually states "trash" and indicates that animals get into the trash. However, according to our ordinances, we have garbage days and trash days.
Garbage is household waste.
Trash is large stuff, such as tree limbs, grass cuttings, old refrigerators, etc.

Garbage is picked up twice a week.
Trash is picked up once a week.
So, if one cleans out their attic on the weekend, they may have boxes of TRASH sitting on the curb until TRASH day, but this isn't something an animal would typically strew about.

Now, what really gets me is the city passes an ordinance, but will only "enforce" it if there is a complaint?

I don't approve of stupid ordinances and this seems to be one of those.

Either enforce it equally or get rid of it.
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#30 Nov 5, 2013
1DPopinion wrote:
I don't think any of you have any idea just how hard the sanitation crew works. Yes I know from Personal experience as a retired city employee. They get out in the hot sun, cold weather, rain or whatever else is thrown their way. They pick up bags, which people usually overfill, taking a chance of hurting themselves. If citizens forget to set out their trash, the supervisor generally will pick it up or send someone else out to get it. They are courteous and helpful to those that are elderly or disabled. All of them are exposed to smelly, bug infested trucks which would make a grown man puke! I would say to any of you here griping about THIS city service...put on their uniform and trade places with them. You wouldn't make it an hour !!!!
So stop your griping and obey the rules because you're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. Why don't you just wave at them and say thank you for a great job.
Aaawwwww! Didn't your momma give you enough attention? Drop on by and I'll give you a pat on the head and tell you what a good boy you are.

Give me a break. If you think you're special because you worked around a stinky truck, get over it.

You are the typical spoiled brat, as you think everyone is supposed thank you for doing your job.
You applied for the job.
You were hired for the job.
You got paid like everyone else.
I don't owe you anymore than that... and no, I'm not tipping you or getting you a xmas present, either.
1DPopinion

Deer Park, TX

#31 Nov 7, 2013
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>Aaawwwww! Didn't your momma give you enough attention? Drop on by and I'll give you a pat on the head and tell you what a good boy you are.

Give me a break. If you think you're special because you worked around a stinky truck, get over it.

You are the typical spoiled brat, as you think everyone is supposed thank you for doing your job.
You applied for the job.
You were hired for the job.
You got paid like everyone else.
I don't owe you anymore than that... and no, I'm not tipping you or getting you a xmas present, either.
You are just as ignorant as your reply ...
It wasn't my job asshole! I'm not a spoiled rotten brat, I'm a person who appreciates others that work hard for their money. You must depend on the government for a paycheck, expect everyone to bow to your every need while you sit on Your fat ass and bitch about what everybody else does wrong or what someone doesn't do for you! Man, what a Poor excuse of a human being you are. Oh wait let me take that back...you are probably the rodent they are complaining about in the article getting in the trash.

I on the other hand can appreciate what others do to earn a paycheck. I'm sorry, I'm probably using big words you you don't understand. Well you can use your computer for something else besides throwing crap out there and visit www.websterdictionary.com to try and understand what I'm Saying. Let's pray you have some brain activity up there.
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#32 Nov 13, 2013
1DPopinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just as ignorant as your reply ...
It wasn't my job asshole! I'm not a spoiled rotten brat, I'm a person who appreciates others that work hard for their money. You must depend on the government for a paycheck, expect everyone to bow to your every need while you sit on Your fat ass and bitch about what everybody else does wrong or what someone doesn't do for you! Man, what a Poor excuse of a human being you are. Oh wait let me take that back...you are probably the rodent they are complaining about in the article getting in the trash.
I on the other hand can appreciate what others do to earn a paycheck. I'm sorry, I'm probably using big words you you don't understand. Well you can use your computer for something else besides throwing crap out there and visit www.websterdictionary.com to try and understand what I'm Saying. Let's pray you have some brain activity up there.
What the hell are you talking about, moron? You were the one that claimed to be a retired city employee.

No, I don't work for the government and sit on my ass drawing a government paycheck, like you did.

You can appreciate people doing their job. That doesn't mean anyone owes them anything more than the paycheck the receive for doing their job.

Personally, I'm fed up with the PC crap and all the whiny BS by those that think they have to be coddled and told what a good job they are doing. Grow up... take responsibility for yourself and quit expecting everyone to give you a plaque because you did your job.

While you were sitting on your ass drawing a government check, there are others that do their job, with only personal pride in their own accomplishments. No brownie points needed or wanted.
1DPopinion

Deer Park, TX

#33 Nov 14, 2013
DPTX wrote:
What the hell are you talking about, moron? You were the one that claimed to be a retired city employee.

No, I don't work for the government and sit on my ass drawing a government paycheck, like you did.

You can appreciate people doing their job. That doesn't mean anyone owes them anything more than the paycheck the receive for doing their job.

Personally, I'm fed up with the PC crap and all the whiny BS by those that think they have to be coddled and told what a good job they are doing. Grow up... take responsibility for yourself and quit expecting everyone to give you a plaque because you did your job.

While you were sitting on your ass drawing a government check, there are others that do their job, with only personal pride in their own accomplishments. No brownie points needed or wanted.
You're the moron! Just because I'm retired from the city doesn't mean i worked in that dept or I collect a check from the city for retirement. But that is besides the point.

An employee that is rewarded for performing his job in an excellent way is deserving of not only recognition but praise! Not that they expect is but from a supervisory position it's the proper thing to do.

Let me see, do I remember you saying you owned a business here in the area? If so , how many employees do/did you employ and in their performance reviews, if you did any, did you ever reward them with a raise based on performance? If you haven't owned a business then oops on my part. But the question would then become hypothetical.....

Your posts on here are nothing more than BS! Your rants and raves in almost every single subject you post in are rude, sarcastic and downright uncalled for. Your personal attacks and name calling are as juvenile as your words. The first sentence in your replays repeatedly call someone a derogatory name which makes me think you can't even put a sentence together without using ugliness. You should go back into hiding because your grumpiness is unwanted!
Witty Nickname

Houston, TX

#34 Nov 15, 2013
Andrea, I didn't vote for you, probably wouldn't if you ran again, and you probably wouldn't vote for me if I ran for office. We are on opposite ends of the ideological spectrum.

After reading the disgusting comments on this 'discussion' just want to say I respect you. From afar you seem intelligent, hard working and a genuine nice person.

Just remember that the people tossing around terms like 'idiot','moron' and 'a$$hole' don't know how to defend their ideas, they are just spouting off what someone else told them.
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#35 Nov 15, 2013
Witty Nickname wrote:
Andrea, I didn't vote for you, probably wouldn't if you ran again, and you probably wouldn't vote for me if I ran for office. We are on opposite ends of the ideological spectrum.
After reading the disgusting comments on this 'discussion' just want to say I respect you. From afar you seem intelligent, hard working and a genuine nice person.
Just remember that the people tossing around terms like 'idiot','moron' and 'a$$hole' don't know how to defend their ideas, they are just spouting off what someone else told them.

"Probably"... I like that. That means hope in my dictionary, even if it is only the size of a mustard seed.
Respect...I'll take that and thank you.
Anonymous people name calling can't be taken too seriously.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#36 Nov 15, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
"Probably"... I like that. That means hope in my dictionary, even if it is only the size of a mustard seed.
Respect...I'll take that and thank you.
Anonymous people name calling can't be taken too seriously.
Too funny, A! LMAO
Witty Nickname

Deer Park, TX

#37 Nov 16, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
"Probably"... I like that. That means hope in my dictionary, even if it is only the size of a mustard seed.
Respect...I'll take that and thank you.
Anonymous people name calling can't be taken too seriously.
I was granting room for you to support the 1B. ;-)
Andrea

Friendswood, TX

#38 Nov 16, 2013
Witty Nickname wrote:
<quoted text>
I was granting room for you to support the 1B. ;-)
Do you mean 4B? I will not support 4B, 2B, 1B, Type B, PartialB, Hype B, TaxB or whatever they decide to call it.
DPTX

Deer Park, TX

#39 Nov 18, 2013
1DPopinion wrote:
You're the moron!
Your posts on here are nothing more than BS! Your rants and raves in almost every single subject you post in are rude, sarcastic and downright uncalled for. Your personal attacks and name calling are as juvenile as your words. The first sentence in your replays repeatedly call someone a derogatory name which makes me think you can't even put a sentence together without using ugliness. You should go back into hiding because your grumpiness is unwanted!
My rants and raves?
Well KETTLE, you appear to be smoking the POT.

As we take a look at YOUR past comments:
"you're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats."

"You must depend on the government for a paycheck, expect everyone to bow to your every need while you sit on Your fat ass and bitch about what everybody else does wrong or what someone doesn't do for you! Man, what a Poor excuse of a human being you are. Oh wait let me take that back...you are probably the rodent they are complaining about in the article getting in the trash."

"You are just as ignorant as your reply ...
It wasn't my job asshole!"

It's obvious that you're the grumpy, sarcastic, rude, ugly hypocrite going into rants & raves and resorts to personal attacks and name calling.

BTW, I'm not in hiding. It just got to where this forum was getting over-run with morons that thought they had something to say and thought they could carry on an intelligent conversation. I check the site every once in while to see if anything has changed... NOPE, you and your buddies are still here trying to formulate a thought.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#40 Nov 18, 2013
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean 4B? I will not support 4B, 2B, 1B, Type B, PartialB, Hype B, TaxB or whatever they decide to call it.
I like the Hype B! Lol
I'd call it Hoax B!!! I ain't voting for it either....
1DPopinion

Deer Park, TX

#41 Nov 18, 2013
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>My rants and raves?
Well KETTLE, you appear to be smoking the POT.

As we take a look at YOUR past comments:
"you're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats."

"You must depend on the government for a paycheck, expect everyone to bow to your every need while you sit on Your fat ass and bitch about what everybody else does wrong or what someone doesn't do for you! Man, what a Poor excuse of a human being you are. Oh wait let me take that back...you are probably the rodent they are complaining about in the article getting in the trash."

"You are just as ignorant as your reply ...
It wasn't my job asshole!"

It's obvious that you're the grumpy, sarcastic, rude, ugly hypocrite going into rants & raves and resorts to personal attacks and name calling.

BTW, I'm not in hiding. It just got to where this forum was getting over-run with morons that thought they had something to say and thought they could carry on an intelligent conversation. I check the site every once in while to see if anything has changed... NOPE, you and your buddies are still here trying to formulate a thought.
That's what makes me so sick
About you. You cannot and won't take responsibility for your ugliness on this forum or any other. YOU are always the
First to throw some sort of demoralizing, rude and uncalled For Comment. Look at your reply to My original post....which was a very valid comment about the sanitation dept, of which you know nothing about.

But you are as blind as a bat and as ignorant as the dunce sitting In The Corner, so you will never admit you are wrong. Go back to being absent from here ..... Your smart as words are usually not welcome Here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Trump does what he says... 10 min Heavy Fed 4
Coward Republicans Hiding 6 hr Heavy Fed 30
Yeah...SOTUS rules Texas Republicans abortion l... 6 hr Heavy Fed 10
Let there be water... 6 hr Heavy Fed 46
Left over MRE's (Jan '09) 7 hr Jody Wall 109
OG Mudbone 10 hr Loraine 1
good contractor to do a major remodel Mon Kevin5164 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deer Park Mortgages