Bill Zastrow is wastimg city money to...

Bill Zastrow is wastimg city money to satisfy his ego

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen against Waste

Deer Park, TX

#1 Apr 11, 2014
Bill Zastrow, has filed an open records request with the city to see any government document in the last two years with his name on it. Since he writes approximately 10 emails a week to the city, every city employee with an email account is wasting their time digging through it printing out every conversation. Even going as far as documenting every Facebook 'like' on the city website (that is a government document.)

Bill, when your ego is satisfied please let us know how many pages were received so we know how much employee time was wasted on your boondoggle.
Annuit Coeptis

Deer Park, TX

#2 Apr 13, 2014
The Texas Open Records Act is a good thing, but there is at least one horses rear in every town who abuses it just to be a pest. They waste municipal resources and tou and I pay the tab in taxes and lost productivity / time off task. Thanks Bill, you are not alone. There is one of you in every town and ISD.
Scooby

Deer Park, TX

#3 May 13, 2014
The City of Deer Park is required to respond to all open records requests. They can also choose to charge for each document provided - to account for the cost of copying as well as staff-hours.
Make him pay for the waste of resources and maybe he'll get idea.
Scooby Do!

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#4 May 13, 2014
They do charge after 10 sheets, so he's paying if he gets more than 10. Request away BZ!!!
littleoldladyfro mPasadena

Pasadena, TX

#5 May 13, 2014
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
The Texas Open Records Act is a good thing, but there is at least one horses rear in every town who abuses it just to be a pest. They waste municipal resources and tou and I pay the tab in taxes and lost productivity / time off task. Thanks Bill, you are not alone. There is one of you in every town and ISD.
We need more people in this city such as Bill Zastrow to keep the city on its toes. Keep up the good work, Bill

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#6 May 13, 2014
littleoldladyfromPasadena wrote:
<quoted text>We need more people in this city such as Bill Zastrow to keep the city on its toes. Keep up the good work, Bill
Yes we do!
Sad Old Man

Deer Park, TX

#7 May 16, 2014
Bill Z is a sad old man, who's simply bitter with the world. If you don't agree with him your a liberal. What a Gas Bag!
Andrea

Houston, TX

#8 May 16, 2014
So you've had a few chats with the man? Maybe you ARE more liberal in your views. Own it sista. I'm a conservative and proud of it.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#9 May 16, 2014
Hey Sad Old Man. You are really a woman ain't ya? No man in his right mind would come on here anonymously using the name sad old man. JS.
John

Pasadena, TX

#10 May 17, 2014
I am in total support of Bill Zastrow in anything he says and does. He has the facts and is not afraid to use them. It sounds like he has stepped on a few people's toes.
immature part 2

Deer Park, TX

#11 May 17, 2014
Andrea wrote:
So you've had a few chats with the man? Maybe you ARE more liberal in your views. Own it sista. I'm a conservative and proud of it.
Bill is a gas bag. He twist truth to make a reality. He's a sad bitter old man. Very proud conservative here!!!
immature part 2

Deer Park, TX

#12 May 17, 2014
John wrote:
I am in total support of Bill Zastrow in anything he says and does. He has the facts and is not afraid to use them. It sounds like he has stepped on a few people's toes.
Twisting facts no longer makes them facts.
immature part 2

Deer Park, TX

#13 May 17, 2014
Andrea wrote:
Hey Sad Old Man. You are really a woman ain't ya? No man in his right mind would come on here anonymously using the name sad old man. JS.
Not even going to dignify that, as always Bill and one of his disciples trying to change reality.
littleoldladyfro mPasadena

Pasadena, TX

#14 May 17, 2014
immature part 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Twisting facts no longer makes them facts.
Just what "facts" are you talking about?
Witty Nickname

Houston, TX

#15 May 19, 2014
You guys give Mr. Zastrow too much credit.

Remember when he proposed "Tax relief" by lowering property taxes and raising sales taxes?( http://insidedp.com/news2/the-community/2983-... ) That would be a good deal for Shell, but would increase my property tax burden.

Or the time Mr. Zastrow went on a rant about how his letter didn't make the minutes of meeting?( http://www.insidedp.com/news2/2474-letter-to-... ) Yeah Bill, everyone who SHOWED UP to the meeting was for it, but your letter added to the minutes would have won the day...

I keep reading his letters waiting to see why he is so often quoted. I keep coming away with the theory that he is just a guy with a ton of time on his hands.
Witty Nickname

Houston, TX

#16 May 19, 2014
*Increase my tax burden, not property tax burden.
Annuit Coeptis

Deer Park, TX

#17 May 20, 2014
Government needs several revenue sources to flourish. Eliminating or lowering one just to bolster another source is just shifting the burden. Zastrow likes the idea of lowering prop taxes and increasing sales tax because he is a senior citizen who probably doesn't spend much. But he should be FOR increasing the property tax...he is over 65 and has a property tax cap on his homestead, so a prop tax increase will never impact him.
Witty Nickname

Houston, TX

#18 May 20, 2014
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
Government needs several revenue sources to flourish. Eliminating or lowering one just to bolster another source is just shifting the burden. Zastrow likes the idea of lowering prop taxes and increasing sales tax because he is a senior citizen who probably doesn't spend much. But he should be FOR increasing the property tax...he is over 65 and has a property tax cap on his homestead, so a prop tax increase will never impact him.
Makes sense, he is opposed to any government entity having money making programs, when there are private businesses that cost more. Why allow schools to have fund raisers that make the schools better, do not raise taxes, and save parents money? DOESN'T THE DISTRICT KNOW WE ARE PUTTING WAL-MART OUT OF BUSINESS?!?

Folks, when kids from the schools come to your door wanting to sell you chocolate bars you don't want, remember, Bill Zastrow told the school they couldn't have a fund raiser directed at parents, that was related to school.

http://www.insidedp.com/news2/7-news/2065-let...

"Being in private business ventures for the city reminds me of an issue with the schools years ago, and their selling of per-packaged school supplies. The problem was that they were selling them $1 over cost for a fund raiser, while retailers had to have a higher mark up to cover our merchandising and advertising costs. Denton McDugle, myself and some others had a meeting with then-DPISD Superintendent Lynn and other school officials to discuss the schools' unreasonable invasion into the retail business causing the retailers great losses in sales and profit. After some discussion Superintendent Hale told the schools to get out of the school supply business. She felt it was unfair to compete with local businesses with unreasonable prices and a distinct advantage over the local businesses. "
Sarge

Houston, TX

#19 Jun 13, 2014
The open records act was put in place for very good reasons. But consider the ramifications if no one ever exercised their right to obtain records. As an analogy, think about a city street with a posted speed limit, but everyone knows that the limit is never monitored by the police. So what do you think the drivers would do?

It's much the same with open records. If no requests are ever made then the politicians would soon quit worrying about being placed in the awkward position of having to explain their activities.
Good

United States

#20 Jun 16, 2014
Witty Nickname same can be said about City, State, and Federal Gov..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houston's 9 best neighborhood restaurants make ... 40 min BestPhartss 1
Hey Stumps...Trump approval now down to 37% 6 hr josh 8
Trump surveillance by Obama confirmed! 6 hr josh 3
Hey Trump Chumps....Trumps says anyone under FB... 11 hr Defiant1 9
News Houston rents still down, but the decline is sm... Thu RentsPhartss 1
Job Thu Truth is might 139
Hey Trump Stumps....FBI investigations into Tru... Thu josh 4

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance