So you think Deer Park's voter turnout is low

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

mediocrity everywhere

Pasadena, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Texas school board candidate wins election 1-0

LYTLE The suspense had lifted Wednesday before Christina Mercado claimed an unequivocal victory in a Lytle Independent School District board race that had made headlines for its voter turnout of just one.

Patty Cortez, the other contender, who came out on the short end of the 1-0 vote, didn't show up for the meeting of the Early Voting Ballot Board, which rejected a sealed provisional ballot that might have tied the contest.

"I don't see the point in being there," said Cortez, who had a prior obligation, noting that word had circulated that the ballot would be disallowed because it was cast by someone who lived outside the single-member district whose board seat was at stake.

In a related development, the identity of "The Voter," as people here call the person who cast the lone legitimate ballot, will remain confidential, for now.

complete story -

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Te...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stokes running for city council AGAIN? 15 hr Smokey Farty 14
Kentucky Derby 15 hr Derby Farts 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 19 hr Test fart 639
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Frank Pharts 819
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) May 2 Defiant1 16,760
Future Friends of Deer Park Apr 29 fart elect 6
Shame on you, Deer Park city council (Oct '13) Apr 27 Email Farts 18
More from around the web

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]