Coach Massey leaving Deer Park Football

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Junction Boys

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 3, 2012
I understand Coach Massey is tying hard to get out of Deer Park. He didn't get the Texas City job but he is applying for others.
Albert

Chappell Hill, TX

#2 Feb 3, 2012
I heard he didnt get his contract renewed.
Good riddance!
BIGJROD61

Deer Park, TX

#3 Feb 3, 2012
Massey sucks. I hope he enjoys the district championshiop. IF he hangs aroung here it will be another 16 years before he gets another.
just sayin

Deer Park, TX

#4 Feb 4, 2012
He won a district championship with two players that got college offers.....good job Coach...I actually hope you do leave DP. You have earned the right to be able coach players that have a little bit of talent.....It is not you fault the parents here can't produce young men who don't have enough talent to be water boys.....
Deer Tick

Pasadena, TX

#5 Feb 5, 2012
just sayin wrote:
He won a district championship with two players that got college offers.....good job Coach...I actually hope you do leave DP. You have earned the right to be able coach players that have a little bit of talent.....It is not you fault the parents here can't produce young men who don't have enough talent to be water boys.....
There's a piece of corn stuck in your teeth. He won a district championship in one of the weakest districts in the Houston area. I hope that he stays another year and we get to see how our team plays in a better district. Blaming the lack of talent shows your indadequate knowledge of the situation.
just sayin

Deer Park, TX

#6 Feb 5, 2012
Sorry DEERDick, that was my point. He did win a championship in a weak district. Because of the lack of talent DP has, he will be lucky if his team even makes the playoffs....

I didn't realize you are such a idiot....my bad...

just sayin
Deer Tick

Houston, TX

#7 Feb 6, 2012
That's okay. Most people don't see it. Your sarcasm was so good it appeared to be sincere brown nosing. All is forgiven, except for the idiot thing. The Deerdick thing was clever.
Junction Boys

Houston, TX

#8 Feb 6, 2012
just sayin wrote:
Let see if I got this straight. He only had 2 players that got college offers so he was the only reason that they one district. Last year they had 8 players that that got college offers and they didn't win district or their first playoff game. You may need to rethink your philosophy Einstein. If you follow college recruiting the number one influence over players that do get offers is their high school coaches willingness to reach out to the college coaches to promote the kids. Deer Park has and always will have the talent, they just require a leader.

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#9 Feb 6, 2012
BIGJROD61 wrote:
Massey sucks. I hope he enjoys the district championshiop. IF he hangs aroung here it will be another 16 years before he gets another.
I'm almost shocked to hear you talk like that, as you've often indicated that you didn't like my own choice of words, at times.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#10 Feb 6, 2012
Junction Boys wrote:
Let see if I got this straight. He only had 2 players that got college offers so he was the only reason that they one district. Last year they had 8 players that that got college offers and they didn't win district or their first playoff game. You may need to rethink your philosophy Einstein. If you follow college recruiting the number one influence over players that do get offers is their high school coaches willingness to reach out to the college coaches to promote the kids. Deer Park has and always will have the talent, they just require a leader.
So, do you think you got it straight? There's an old sayin' about "soaring like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys" and just because there may be a few good players, doesn't mean that the team has the combined skills to get the job done. It takes a lot more than a few good players to make a good team. A coach can only work with what they've been given, as none possess a magic wand and no matter how good you think your team is, there is likely to be someone with a better one that will beat you.

There's a huge difference between high school and pro. After all, even most of those that get scholarships to a college don't make pro.

There's a few facts to get straight.
Junction Boys

Houston, TX

#11 Feb 6, 2012
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>So, do you think you got it straight? There's an old sayin' about "soaring like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys" and just because there may be a few good players, doesn't mean that the team has the combined skills to get the job done. It takes a lot more than a few good players to make a good team. A coach can only work with what they've been given, as none possess a magic wand and no matter how good you think your team is, there is likely to be someone with a better one that will beat you.
There's a huge difference between high school and pro. After all, even most of those that get scholarships to a college don't make pro.
There's a few facts to get straight.
Did you even read my comment goofball??
just sayin

Deer Park, TX

#12 Feb 6, 2012
I am sure he knows not to waste his time because of the lack of talent...

If you watch Northshore, those kids are talented.
Those kids are recruited by OU, Tex, Tex AM,

DP gets 2 kids recruited be Blinn, or some other JR college. That is the difference between talent and no talent.

I'm not knocking any school that will improve someones education...(it's about education...right?)... but on the field, you are talking apple and oranges....

Massey does a good job with what he has to work with...

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#13 Feb 6, 2012
Junction Boys wrote:
Did you even read my comment goofball??
Yeah, did you read mine, ballboy?
DPTXs Big Brother

Houston, TX

#14 Feb 7, 2012
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, did you read mine, ballboy?
Hey DPTX. I found you a job!

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#15 Feb 7, 2012
DPTXs Big Brother wrote:
Hey DPTX. I found you a job!
I don't need a job. You better apply, because I may fire you if you keep screwing off when you're supposed to be working, little brother.
Junction Boys

Houston, TX

#16 Feb 7, 2012
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need a job. You better apply, because I may fire you if you keep screwing off when you're supposed to be working, little brother.
He already has a job ......... being a dumba** on forum's all day!!

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#17 Feb 7, 2012
Junction Boys wrote:
He already has a job ......... being a dumba** on forum's all day!!
Now, you don't have anything to worry about... no one is going to take your job from you, dumbass.
DPTXs Big Brother

Houston, TX

#18 Feb 8, 2012
DPTX could be the next twoel boy
Deer Tick

Pasadena, TX

#19 Feb 8, 2012
It's not lack of talent. The talent is there. It is lack of leadership, poor play selection, poor time management, and poor use of talent.

You may have a group of boys that will go to Division I schools or to a Community college. It does not matter. If you have leadership, you can motivate the team to success. THAT is why you have successful programs at Northshore, Pearland, Katy, etc.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#20 Feb 8, 2012
Sorry, DT... that's bunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 48 min That Fart Guy 22,534
NFL &Ray Rice 1 hr Saltwater Cat 28
California and Jim Crow 1 hr fubar 1
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr That Fart Guy 18,274
ISIS and Plagiarism 3 hr fubar 29
Obama and Iraq 4 hr fubar 18
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 9 hr Gasman 566
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••