City employee
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dpdad

Houston, TX

#82 Oct 13, 2012
many thanks wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for answering the question.
mean while they sit there and rust. I haven't seen them on the streets or even being moved around to keep them in good mechanical shape. The real question is will they be useful if they are needed or is it just for show?
Votee

Houston, TX

#83 Oct 13, 2012
dpdad wrote:
<quoted text>
mean while they sit there and rust. I haven't seen them on the streets or even being moved around to keep them in good mechanical shape. The real question is will they be useful if they are needed or is it just for show?
Good question. I would hope they are in good mechanical shape and one would think they are taking good care of them. Show? Well maybe it is time to sell them. Or just keep the best one of the 3.
payraise

United States

#84 Oct 13, 2012
Employees will still get a cost of living raise just not a pay raise.
Call 800EatMe

Houston, TX

#85 Oct 13, 2012
I already answered the stupid question. Don't you pay attention?

FOOD4thought can't think. The buses were replaced and would have gone to auction. However, since DPISD loaned the city buses for emergency services during the last hurricane, they gave the buses to the city for future situations.

You people bitch about crap you know nothing about and too lazy to find out. You bitch if the school district gives buses to the city, instead of auctioning them off. Now you'll probably bitch because they didn't keep buses that were still usable. Yet, you don't know that they are required to replace the buses at certain intervals to "ensure the children's safety."

Get a life you lazy turds. Instead of posting your pics on FB and asking stupid questions on this forum, you could use the time to actually educate yourself on something. Or would that be too much for your teeny tiny mind?
Deer Park Resident

United States

#86 Oct 13, 2012
Agree To Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're looking for a simple answer, you came to the wrong place. All you'll get here are lessons in spelling and grammar, people bitching about stuff that doesn't matter, and Bill Z throwing around numbers, facts and quotes taken out of context. One call to city Hall should clear things up for you.
Love this answer. AMEN to that. Pick up the phone and call City Hall it is really that simple.
IGOT it

Houston, TX

#87 Oct 14, 2012
You answered the question, but not without your snide remarks. Talk with respect and perhaps people will listen to your answers as they will be more believable when they aren't condescending. I know how to pick up the phone and call the city, just thought someone on here may know the answer and what do you know 2 people did.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#88 Oct 14, 2012
Call the city to ask why they have three school buses in their yard?
LOLOL
Call 800-Eatme

Houston, TX

#89 Oct 15, 2012
IGOT it wrote:
You answered the question, but not without your snide remarks. Talk with respect and perhaps people will listen to your answers as they will be more believable when they aren't condescending. I know how to pick up the phone and call the city, just thought someone on here may know the answer and what do you know 2 people did.
So, it took twice before you understood the answer. You must ride the short school bus.
Wish

Deer Park, TX

#90 Oct 16, 2012
Call 800EatMe wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you call the city or the school district and ask, [email protected]
If you actually had any concern about what goes on in this city, you would already know that those buses were given to the city by the school district for emergency services, such as flooding and hurricanes.
It would be great if only 10% of the DP residents called the city, the DPISD and the police to get info on a regular basis as it is suggested here on this forum. The city, the DPISD and the police department could all ask for and should receive additional employees to handle such calls. To pay for these employees, an increase in taxes should be forth coming. Everyone should get the info straight for the origin to be truthfully informed.
Bobby

Houston, TX

#91 Oct 16, 2012
Wish wrote:
<quoted text>It would be great if only 10% of the DP residents called the city, the DPISD and the police to get info on a regular basis as it is suggested here on this forum. The city, the DPISD and the police department could all ask for and should receive additional employees to handle such calls. To pay for these employees, an increase in taxes should be forth coming. Everyone should get the info straight for the origin to be truthfully informed.
The city has plenty of employees that sit on their butts and do nothing / unproductive / complacent, so no need to hire anyone. What rhymes with hire? Fire, just change the first letter and relieve the tax payers burden.
Quit Wishing

Houston, TX

#92 Oct 16, 2012
Wish wrote:
<quoted text>It would be great if only 10% of the DP residents called the city, the DPISD and the police to get info on a regular basis as it is suggested here on this forum. The city, the DPISD and the police department could all ask for and should receive additional employees to handle such calls. To pay for these employees, an increase in taxes should be forth coming. Everyone should get the info straight for the origin to be truthfully informed.
This is asinine. There is absolutely no reason that any of these agencies need to hire more people, especially just to answer questions.

Truthfully informed?? That's almost just as asinine. Both, the council and the DPISD board, continual spin a bunch of crap while trying to justify raising taxes every time we turn around.

Both need a reality check, not another check from the taxpayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homeless people in cars at walmart 9 hr Farts r good 15
Hey Trump Chumps....Did you buy this? Fri Lucky Fart Charms 15
Hey Trump Chumps..Still pround of your boy? May 25 Farts now 27
Deer Park homebound meals program May 23 Herhiney farts 11
Hey whiney liberals, Trump cutting $193m from w... May 23 Herhiney farts 9
Texas or Tejas? (Oct '07) May 21 Many farts 138
What's the deal on Gilliys are they going to bu... May 20 Wendy farts 2

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance