First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wow

Deer Park, TX

#1 Jun 5, 2012
While going to the public works department the last two days the first clerk with blonde hair has been working on a family album on her computer. Another friend of mine who was getting a permit earlier told me he saw the same thing. It must be nice to use city funds and computers to do personal things and who is the guy with the baseball cap that always is standing around or sitting at one of the ladies desk? Every time we go get permits he is just always in there doing nothing.
Watcher2

Deer Park, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2012
Maybe the clerk is doing a marketing brochure for the fire station 3 full service auto shop.
Whatajoke

Pasadena, TX

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Do you have nothing better to do thn go to city hall and look for those you think are not doing their job? Thank goodness we have the family album police on our side! What a joke you are, get a life!
Wow wrote:
While going to the public works department the last two days the first clerk with blonde hair has been working on a family album on her computer. Another friend of mine who was getting a permit earlier told me he saw the same thing. It must be nice to use city funds and computers to do personal things and who is the guy with the baseball cap that always is standing around or sitting at one of the ladies desk? Every time we go get permits he is just always in there doing nothing.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#4 Jun 5, 2012
why don't you "man" up and ask while you are getting your permits...???

nevermind, I know why....
Whatever

Deer Park, TX

#5 Jun 5, 2012
It was not an album of police. It was family members of hers .

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 5, 2012
Whatever wrote:
It was not an album of police. It was family members of hers .
"album of police"....funny. I think you totally missed the point.
epson son

Deer Park, TX

#7 Jun 5, 2012
The point is, they are public servants that are employed by the citizens of Deer Park to do city jobs not to do personal photo albums whether it be of police, dogs, children or significant others....nor should they work on private citizens vehicles whether they are co-workers, volunteers or joe q citizen that breaks down (liability), or wash personal vehicles of employees, spouses, children or off the street passerbys of volunteers in any department (hell if that is the case, I am taking mine tomorrow). Nor should they involve themselves in any other task that is not in the best interest of the community that reflects a good steward of tax payers dollars. A taxed entity is different than a regular run of the mill company. As a citizen of this city and this country I want my elected officials, employees and volunteers to spend or not spend, directly or indirectly, our tax dollars in a responsible, professional and ethical manner.
Meow

Deer Park, TX

#8 Jun 5, 2012
Whatajoke wrote:
Do you have nothing better to do thn go to city hall and look for those you think are not doing their job? Thank goodness we have the family album police on our side! What a joke you are, get a life!<quoted text>
The question is does the clerk not have anything better to do? Where are the leaders of the permit area? I work for a private firm and I would never dream of working on a personal task during my working hours.
Meow

Deer Park, TX

#9 Jun 5, 2012
yooflungpoo wrote:
why don't you "man" up and ask while you are getting your permits...???
nevermind, I know why....
Do you ask the clerk at Taco Bell or the cashier at the grocery store if it is okay for them to text while running the register and the boss is not looking? That is what I thought!!!!
Woof

Deer Park, TX

#10 Jun 5, 2012
Meow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ask the clerk at Taco Bell or the cashier at the grocery store if it is okay for them to text while running the register and the boss is not looking? That is what I thought!!!!
Do you?
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#11 Jun 5, 2012
Meow wrote:
<quoted text>
not @Taco Bell anyway...I don't want them spitting in my food....

@the grocery store while I have been waiting in line..??? never seen that happen before...but YES I would.

if I am being neglected by any public servant...you can bet your ass I would speak up there...before I would whine about it in this forum....

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#12 Jun 6, 2012
Because everyone else who is at work does not do personnel things
Photographer

Pasadena, TX

#13 Jun 6, 2012
It's simply a lack of passion for their chosen profession.It is obvious to me that the album creating employee does not love permitting.
I have seen content workers at both the library and Golf Course.. these employees seemed relatively happy in their positions.These employees had obviously chosen a job that fit their personal passions.
Perhaps also these workers see and hear a whole lot more about the attitudes, corruption, collusion and intent of the elected and appointed power hungry & self absorbed officials and friends of same that run our fair city. How motivated were the slave cotton pickers of the South unless the lash was being applied? Were they not called lazy or shiftless by casual observers that were at the least ignorant of all the facts or political undercurrents in the workplace?
Perhaps they have a low attitude of those that actually do get permits when so many simply do not. I wonder if elected officials permit everything in their own homes or businesses that are required by statute.
I do recall that there was some question if the disgraced former city manager (the groper) had acquired the proper permits for work done on his abode(s).
Golfer

Deer Park, TX

#14 Jun 6, 2012
Golf Course is happy because work 8 HR Shift and play 6 days of free golf thats why they are happy.
Red

United States

#15 Jun 6, 2012
doireallylikedptx wrote:
Because everyone else who is at work does not do personnel things
They are not being paid by Deer Park citizens
Defiant2

Deer Park, TX

#16 Jun 6, 2012
Red wrote:
<quoted text>They are not being paid by Deer Park citizens
Thank you....that is the point!! Exactly!!!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#17 Jun 30, 2012
Amazed..........This is why we have a need for Firefighters, Paramedics and Police. Stupid people.....thank you folks for making this possible. If it weren't for folks like you we would have to find something else to do..........like bitch about what other are doing.

Location hidden

#18 Jun 30, 2012
If this had been a vehicle owned by a citizen and these folks were assisting, this is what the oath of office each takes states they will do. These folks are public servants and should and would assist anyone that came to the station needing assistance to the best of their ability. I once had a gentleman stop at the station with a flat tire. It was last summer and the temperature was 101 degrees. This gentleman was in poor health and asked if it was alright for him to change his tire. I told him know he could not but I would do it for him (due to his health). I changed the tire and stowed his jack. He handed me a $20 bill. I refused to take it because 1) Morals, 2) I took an oath to serve 3) I would expect the same from anyone else if it were my family.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 30, 2012
I will keep this simple so your one brain cell does not get overloaded. So here is how the story goes....Once upon a time there was a firefighter that responded to the station in his own vehicle (maroon truck) wearing his uniform (black cargo pants and fire department shirt. As he entered the driveway at the station, his turbo charger failed (it’s a diesel truck). He coasted to the parking space and responded to the call (a structure fire at a residence..... oh sorry, a house on fire). He made the call and when he got back to the station on the big fire truck, he and another volunteer firefighter began making repairs. Since there are no tools at this station (budget cuts because the citizens complain) he was using his own. Others at the station came out to watch the activities. These folks were in uniforms also.......hmmmmm, I see a pattern here........still with me? If not, I will wait for you to digest all of this information. This volunteer spent his own money to come to the station, spent his own money to make repairs then spent his own money to go back home. All for you, the citizen, who now wants to trash this individual for doing something for you. It may have not been your house that day but it may be tomorrow. These folks do this because this is their way of giving back and keeping your tax rate where it is. You do not pay these folks a salary………But you do buy the uniform. You may reply “he is an idiot for doing this”. Maybe so, but this is his hobby just as yours is to complain about what others are doing. Nonetheless, you will mull this over and make an attempt to reply so you have the last word. That’s fine with me. I hope this has been kept simple for you to understand. I tried not to use big words. As stated by others, you are invited to stop by the station and talk about this one-on-one. They love meeting the citizens. I am just glad the individual was not wearing a military uniform……………you would have had to complain to the President. To those that are part of the DPVFD……….Thank you for being there when we need you. If your vehicle breaks down, I will be more than happy to help you make the repairs. Let me know and I will put on my uniform and stand with you.
well said

Houston, TX

#20 Jul 1, 2012
Couldn't have said it better myself. Get over it people, there are MUCH worse things going on in our community then this....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zoo at Herman Park 2 hr fubar 9
Corner of Fairmont and East 4 hr East Texas 10
Nuke New York! 8 hr What I say xoxo 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 10 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 14 hr Manny 535
Water Bill Hike Thu itsmesteph11 4
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) Thu Defiant1 16,757

Air Quality Alert for Harris County was issued at October 24 at 1:48PM CDT

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match

Deer Park Jobs

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Deer Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer Park