Sound Fitness
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

La Porte, TX

#1 Dec 28, 2009
Anyone else on here work out at sound fitness?

I was very happy with this place when I joined up there about three years ago. However, lately I have been very disappointed. The equipment is not being maintained. Tvs on cardio equipment have not been working for many months. Headphone jacks on cardio equipment getting busted and not getting fixed. Leg press machine and smith machine both out of order now for months.

Not sure what is going on with the place.

Let me know what ya'll think.
Desi

Houston, TX

#2 Dec 29, 2009
Sounds like they might be fixin to close.

I wouldn't be paying any $$$ up front.
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Guest wrote:
Anyone else on here work out at sound fitness?
I was very happy with this place when I joined up there about three years ago. However, lately I have been very disappointed. The equipment is not being maintained. Tvs on cardio equipment have not been working for many months. Headphone jacks on cardio equipment getting busted and not getting fixed. Leg press machine and smith machine both out of order now for months.
Not sure what is going on with the place.
Let me know what ya'll think.
Have you voiced your concerns?

La Porte, TX

#4 Dec 29, 2009
Thanks for your financial advice.

However, I was looking to discuss the situation with others who are members.

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#5 Dec 29, 2009
Well, have you considered talking to those "others" that might be there, when you're there? That's probably the best place to find those members.

Of course, it never hurts to go straight to the source to get the real information... or to ask about their plans to get the equipment fixed.
Go Deer Park

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 30, 2009
I know there has been cars broken into latley. About 2 weeks ago a co-workers truck was broken into. When he went in and ask them if they had sercuity cameras all they said was not you too.
Weegi

Houston, TX

#7 Dec 30, 2009
Go Deer Park wrote:
I know there has been cars broken into latley. About 2 weeks ago a co-workers truck was broken into. When he went in and ask them if they had sercuity cameras all they said was not you too.
This town is going down hill fast.
reader

Spring, TX

#8 Dec 30, 2009
What town?
Is Sound Fitness in Deer Park?
Weegi

Houston, TX

#9 Dec 30, 2009
reader wrote:
What town?
Is Sound Fitness in Deer Park?
I thought you were talking about the gym located on the corner of Center St. and Spencer Hwy. Where the old Eckards Drug store was. I am sorry if I have the wrong gym in mind. Deer Park is the town I am saying is going down hill.

La Porte, TX

#10 Dec 31, 2009
Weegi,

That is the gym i'm talking about.
Weegi

Houston, TX

#11 Dec 31, 2009
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your gym. I would take just saying and DPTX's advice and go to the management with your concerns about the broken equipment. In the mean time maybe you could take your IPod, if you have one or something like it, and listen to it while you work out. If cars are being broken into, keep all valuables out of sight and maybe take a break during your workout and check on your car. Keep up the good work.
reader

Spring, TX

#12 Dec 31, 2009
Weegi wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were talking about the gym located on the corner of Center St. and Spencer Hwy. Where the old Eckards Drug store was. I am sorry if I have the wrong gym in mind. Deer Park is the town I am saying is going down hill.
What does the Gym in Pasadena have to do with the town of Deer Park giong down hill?
reader

Spring, TX

#13 Dec 31, 2009
yeah, I know, going, going and going.
Weegi

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 31, 2009
reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Gym in Pasadena have to do with the town of Deer Park giong down hill?
The gym is located across the street from DP. The gym's customers are getting their cars broken into. I feel whoever is breaking into the cars will cross the street, come on up Center St., and look for other targets. I have read in the Broadcaster where one subdivision has found their cars on blocks and their tires stolen. I also read from the Broadcaster where a felon was arrested at one of the stores in DP. The article did not name what business it was. While walking thru Dow Park last week we found where someone had spray painted the gazabo. Also while entering Dow Park on the P St. side for a walk, I noticed a landscape company had its truck and trailer backed up to the mound of dirt that belongs to the city and helping themselves to some dirt. I thought maybe they were doing a job for the city but a cop came into the parking lot to sit there by the road and that landscape guy left their wheelbarrow by the recycling bin, got in their truck and left.
I now realize the gym's problems do not have anything to do with DP going down hill. It's not the gyms fault that DP has more and more scumbags coming in.
just sayin

Pasadena, TX

#15 Dec 31, 2009
I've heard several people say they were really happy with the gym on East Blvd. H2O or something like that. Extended hours, no crowds, caring staff.
DP Res

Pasadena, TX

#16 Jan 2, 2010
There's a gym on East Blvd? I drive that street all the time and have never seen a gym. What's the cross street?
dpres

Houston, TX

#17 Jan 6, 2010
The gym "just sayin" is talking about is on underwood. It is call 02...
corey

La Porte, TX

#18 Feb 2, 2010
its not on east its on underwood and x street next to the valero
arlene

Deer Park, TX

#19 Mar 15, 2010
my husband and I have been working out at Sound Fitness for a few weeks now and have never experienced one of the problems mentioned above. the only thing I don't like about that gym is that the daycare isn't open all day. That's only because they tend to be closed when we want to go work out. But all of the equipment has always been in good working order everytime we have worked out. we have only missed two days, so perhaps they have fixed everything since your post.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#20 Mar 15, 2010
Check out the 24 HR Fitness at B8 & Fairmont. It is okay, they sometimes take a long time to fix problems but they do eventually fix them.

They are just soooo packed, sometimes...

PS: the "wet" sauna stinks so bad (just warning ya) you may want to skip that part of the gym entirely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people becoming more agressive? 47 min Miss Guided 20
Dennis Hastert 1 hr Heavy Fed 3
Donald Trump' s Guaranteed Sure Fire Way To Bri... 4 hr Elaine 5
Fubar, did you quit the KKK? 5 hr josh 25
Texas Floods: God's Punishment for Electing Cru... 15 hr Defiant1 21
I am so sorry... (Apr '14) 18 hr Heavy Fed 68
heavy (Jun '10) 18 hr Heavy Fed 7
More from around the web

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE