Tourism going up 300 %
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob the builder

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 30, 2013
I'm sure you have done all the research and since every thought you have never fails to comes to pass, it is time to bet busy.
We need hotels, malls, restaurants, expanded airport and infrastructure to Handel all the cars and buses for this this mass influx. I'm going to start clearing every piece of land I can to get started pouring cement and laying asphalt. What an opportunity.
People would have to be insane Not to elect you mayor. Tourism up 300 % in the first year, and lower taxes!
What a deal.
Thanks for putting Lp first. Whoever you are.
bob

Metairie, LA

#2 Nov 30, 2013
Get busy...
bob

Metairie, LA

#3 Nov 30, 2013
I'll cut you in on some of the action if I get the exclusive in managing the new convention center.
bob

Metairie, LA

#4 Nov 30, 2013
But it will not be a consulting fee. I've read how you feel about those.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 30, 2013
bob wrote:
But it will not be a consulting fee. I've read how you feel about those.
Sorry, Builder Bob... but La Porte is going back to nature.

Think houses, homes and businesses made to last longer, work with the environment instead of against it.

Clean, green... pedestrian friendly... walking, bicycle, skateboard encouraging city with an annual Hempfest and Skateboard competition... and rename La Porte by proclamation during the weeklong festivities, "La Pot, Texas".
Elaine

United States

#6 Nov 30, 2013
Oh, charles. How cute that you post as "Bob" and then have a conversation with yourself. Yes tourism is up 300%. Last year there was one tourist. This year, four. Are you counting tihe cruise ship passengers?

Location hidden

#7 Nov 30, 2013
Elaine wrote:
Oh, charles. How cute that you post as "Bob" and then have a conversation with yourself. Yes tourism is up 300%. Last year there was one tourist. This year, four. Are you counting tihe cruise ship passengers?
Elaine... it's highly more probable that YOU are Builder Bob.
yooflungpoo

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 30, 2013
easiest riddle ever ....

what does Elaine's brain and HF's nutz have in common...????

Location hidden

#9 Nov 30, 2013
yooflungpoo wrote:
easiest riddle ever ....

what does Elaine's brain and HF's nutz have in common...????
They both fit nicely in your mouth???
Bob the builder

Houston, TX

#10 Nov 30, 2013
what do your calculations indicate for tourism increasing in year two of you administration? I would assume we are looking at at least a 500% increase year over year. Pretty sure that will mean all ponds drained for more infrastructure. I like your vision sir. Someone with your talent and vision is sure to go far. I'm thinking we rename her La Heavyville.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 30, 2013
Bob the builder wrote:
what do your calculations indicate for tourism increasing in year two of you administration? I would assume we are looking at at least a 500% increase year over year. Pretty sure that will mean all ponds drained for more infrastructure. I like your vision sir. Someone with your talent and vision is sure to go far. I'm thinking we rename her La Heavyville.
After the first year I expect it to double or better each of the following two years.

No BS.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 30, 2013
And this increase happens after you leave town. Coincidence?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 30, 2013
300% in the first year is probably an under estimation.

It may be several magnitudes higher... but no lower.
bob

Houston, TX

#14 Nov 30, 2013
More hotels. Animals gotta go bud.
bob

Houston, TX

#15 Nov 30, 2013
May need to erect tents at the mayors mansion. I have no idea where we are going to put these hordes of travellors!
The Chantilly Room is already talking expansion.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 30, 2013
bob wrote:
May need to erect tents at the mayors mansion. I have no idea where we are going to put these hordes of travellors!
The Chantilly Room is already talking expansion.
LOL

You can't see it... I understand... but them you never could see most of the things I talk about here.

It's not your fault... your brain is untrained... I did not just simply begin thinking the way I do now.

It was a very long process... I don't expect you to just change overnight... that would be too radical and not many people cope well with that kind of change.

This is going to be a work in progress after I am gone for sure.

You can't just fix all the damage done over the years... overnight.
Bob the builder

Houston, TX

#17 Dec 1, 2013
Narcissistic much?

Location hidden

#18 Dec 1, 2013
Bob the builder wrote:
Narcissistic much?
It's only the truth... I've been exposed to thoughts, ideas, concepts and experiences you can't dream of.

Things you have to spend a lifetime searching for, discovering and exploring.

I'm bringing all that experience to La Porte.
potential tourist

Houston, TX

#19 Dec 1, 2013
Oh wise sage. Please enlighten us to your ways. We can't wait to bask in your light once again. The bayshore motel has a vacancy.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 1, 2013
potential tourist wrote:
Oh wise sage. Please enlighten us to your ways. We can't wait to bask in your light once again. The bayshore motel has a vacancy.
Oh "potential tourist" you would not even be discussing La Porte right now if if it were not for me... much less be here on this forum.

You don't know me as well as you think... and you obviously have not been paying attention.

Bayshore Motel would be a Four Seasons Hotel compared a whole hell of lot of the places I have lived through my life... even in La Porte.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Obama change is coming (Nov '08) 16 hr Fartsy Stain 48
Vote HRC for war! (Oct '16) Wed Fart Extra 13
Bumper Sticker on aTexas Car (Sep '10) Wed Fart Extra 32
Are"select" Baseball teams really worth the time? (Jan '11) Wed Fart Large 78
La Porte's FINEST (Jul '08) Tue Farts Magurts 113
GOP Crumbling and Dems are gaining support Tue You fart mongrel 22
Heavy Fed the song (May '14) Tue Fart Jams 237

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance