Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte!

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sport fan

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 1, 2014
www.battlegroundwrestlingclub.com That's right! Youth Olympic/folkstyle wrestling has come succeed in LP. With an amazing coaching staff and great facility at Evelyn Kennedy center Battleground wrestling will take our kids and city to major successes.
lpcitizen

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 1, 2014
Wow! Finally! This is great and when does it start. Finally can compete with cities like Soring, clear lake, Katy etc...cant wait to tell my kids!
heckyes

Houston, TX

#3 Jul 1, 2014
lpcitizen wrote:
Wow! Finally! This is great and when does it start. Finally can compete with cities like Soring, clear lake, Katy etc...cant wait to tell my kids!
Check out the page. It has link to facebook and details. This looks good for the kids.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 1, 2014
Did you really have to post three times under different names?
heckyes

Houston, TX

#5 Jul 1, 2014
Elaine wrote:
Did you really have to post three times under different namaes?
What?..? Plz dont start trashin on this post. This is good for our city. Go wrestling go!
whattttt

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 2, 2014
This is freakin great news!!!
LP Mom

La Porte, TX

#7 Jul 3, 2014
Until the parents start whining that is. Competitive sports is being ruined by all theses bleeding hearts who cry about Johnny's feelings getting hurt. Or it being too physical.
lp mom 2

Houston, TX

#8 Jul 6, 2014
LP Mom wrote:
Until the parents start whining that is. Competitive sports is being ruined by all theses bleeding hearts who cry about Johnny's feelings getting hurt. Or it being too physical.
Nah.....Lol. lp moms want discipline and structure I think ...I know this sport and how great it is were from Ohio. It made our boys good men and strong but manored.
lpcitizen

Houston, TX

#9 Jul 7, 2014
Just talked to one of the coaches on phone. One was wrestler from Oklahoma and another a wrestler from Alaska and one is from Texas. Sounds like a great group of coaches. They will be signing up in middle of September!
nice

Houston, TX

#10 Jul 9, 2014
Really like the name Battleground. Very clever. Hope it goes well!
lphsjr01

Houston, TX

#11 Jul 10, 2014
We need this sport in the high school as well how do we do so?
sport fan

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 10, 2014
lphsjr01 wrote:
We need this sport in the high school as well how do we do so?
This right here. Starting with the youth and building it strong will get the buzz going in the schools. I think it will...it's the fastest groing sport in Texas.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#13 Jul 11, 2014
Contact the state UIL they may be able to give you the information you need. I know some schools already have wrestling in their ciriculum.
sport fan

Houston, TX

#14 Jul 11, 2014
Texan wrote:
Contact the state UIL they may be able to give you the information you need. I know some schools already have wrestling in their ciriculum.
Thanks Texan.
lp mma

United States

#15 Jul 23, 2014
How much to sign up? I wouldn't mind putting my kids in it. Someone at bushi ban mentioned that they heard there was going to be a kids wrestling club opening around here.
battleground club

Mountain View, CA

#16 Aug 13, 2014
lp mma wrote:
How much to sign up? I wouldn't mind putting my kids in it. Someone at bushi ban mentioned that they heard there was going to be a kids wrestling club opening around here.
Pre-registration is SEPTEMBER 13!!!!!!@ la Porte recreation center.

$300 ......and this includes:

-full folk style season (Oct 1 to end of March)-practices 3 days a week every week(Tues, Wed, Thur)

-USA membership(required) which we cover ($50)
-wrestling uniform
-team warm up gear (hoodie and pants)
-3 very qualified USA certified coaches with many years of wrestling background from Oklahoma, Alaska, and Texas.

Tournaments almost every Saturday for kids to fill their rooms with Trophies, metals, and plaques. Some tournaments give out clothing and fight wear to top finishers. We also have regional, state, and national championships.

See ya soon!!! can't wait!!!!
LP2k

Houston, TX

#17 Aug 19, 2014
I like the prices! Better than most sports and way longer season. After march it lookes like yall start freestyle season and then after that summer camps! wow! thats alot yall offer! lookin foward to meeting yall!!!!

“I call it like I see it...”

Since: Jan 09

...and I see it like it is!

#18 Aug 19, 2014
This thread reads like an ad.

I feel so used.
lomaxer

Mountain View, CA

#19 Aug 20, 2014
Heavy Fed wrote:
This thread reads like an ad.
I feel so used.
Come on Heavy you can give out one compliment for your home town here huh? Looks like they got somethin goin good 4 the community and you still negative even for kids. Lol. Good thing u never become anything important in LP. Your built for drama bro....lol. Good luck battleground I'm sure u don't need heavys support. He would claim yall are using him anyway. Hahaha

“I call it like I see it...”

Since: Jan 09

...and I see it like it is!

#20 Aug 20, 2014
lomaxer wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Heavy you can give out one compliment for your home town here huh? Looks like they got somethin goin good 4 the community and you still negative even for kids. Lol. Good thing u never become anything important in LP. Your built for drama bro....lol. Good luck battleground I'm sure u don't need heavys support. He would claim yall are using him anyway. Hahaha
Another proud La Porte High School graduate... no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utah Legalizes Firing Squads 2 hr Independent1 35
Afriend commited suicide this week... 2 hr East Texas 17
I dont think y'all understand... 3 hr East Texas 7
MEINEKE sells knockoff mufflers and rips you off! (Jun '08) 4 hr Thc507 30
The real difference between liberals and conser... 9 hr Elaine 1
Y'all best start a garden! 11 hr Heavy Fed 1
Cruz Running for President of the U.S. 12 hr Texan 31
Deer Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web