UnhappyCustomerI nDP

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2012
We have not had Internet for several days and TV (cable) has been schetchy.
Paying $200 + per month you'd think they would get on the ball, but they keep saying that "parts of Deer Park" are without service & they don't know when they'll have things back to normal....
In the meantime, if you want credit for the lack of service, you must call each day )and be prepared to be on the phone for hours).
monopoly

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2012
They broke up the phone company and the utility company, claiming that competition is good. There are other satellite TV companies and DSL from the phone company, but there is only one cable company. Where's the cable competition? Shouldn't they also have to share their lines with other companies (like the electric company) in the name of fair competition?
UnhappyCustomerI nDP

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2012
I've been using my phone for the Internet. Others may not be able to do so.
Service from Comcast is terrible!
We had AT&T service before and their fastest internet connection was very slow compared with Comcast. Comcast is fast except it doest work!
FreeTV

United States

#4 Aug 30, 2012
Comcast sucks!!!!
jim

Point Comfort, TX

#5 Aug 30, 2012
No problems ever. And yes there are multiple cable companies
Comcrap

Houston, TX

#6 Aug 31, 2012
That's the old Comcrap Cable we all know and love to hate!
UnhappyCustomerI nDP

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2012
According to Comcast.... Their Internet service has been out for parts of Deer Park since August 25... So we have established when they finally realized that their service had stopped working.... Now if we could only get them to fix it!
UverseNOT

United States

#8 Aug 31, 2012
Is there anyone you can call? Like the mayors office? Or someone in some agency?
My mom lives in DP and she has no TV, phone, or Internet thanks to Comcast.
Concerned Mom

United States

#9 Aug 31, 2012
My house phone & Internet are out. I didn't know because I work long ours and use my cell, but the alarm company just called to say they have no sygnal (phone). I called Comcast and basically said they don't know when it will be back on and that if I want credit I have to call their billing department. I was on my cell phone for 47 minutes just to be told that!
ComcastOverlord

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2012
We own you!
You pitiful earthlings. You must submit!
You will take what we give you and you will like it - or else!
I have spoken. Now tremble at my feet!
Sincerely,
Comcast Overlord
DarthEvader

Deer Park, TX

#11 Sep 1, 2012
I like the "Comcast Overlord" It just rings true.
just sayin

Deer Park, TX

#12 Sep 1, 2012
I hated Comcrap.....switch to AT&T....love it.....
tax havenist

Pasadena, TX

#13 Sep 1, 2012
I too have been having trouble with Comcast, however it is recent...the last couple of weeks.I am not one of those that has big troubles with Comcast,since back in the Katrina days when Comcast and Countrywide were fighting it out over most hated company status they made a big turnaround. Their internet service is great. However in the last 10 days I have returned three boxes and spent hours on the phone and on their Email Ecare service or whatever they call it. I am now comcast tvless, how will I find out whats up with honey boo boo and those Lizard lick towin' boys?
Their ( Comacast's) problem is that they just will not admit that they are having problems until the very end. When I called last night because my brand new boxes would not "authorize"after three tries online there was a recording that said our area was going through a total digital upgrade or some such...another problem is that their customer service reps yank one's chain telling you all is well when is is obviously not.

I actually came here to do a search for "comcast" I had posted some time back a phone number for the regional sales director or some such I came back to get that info myself.( She was very helpful and in the position to get things done)
tax havenist

Pasadena, TX

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Annuit Coeptis

Pasadena, TX

#15 Sep 2, 2012
I had another cable service when I lived in clear lake with no trouble, but got Comcast when they took over my previous provider after I moved to DP area. And I have consistent problems with service... TV, phone and Internet go out often for hours or even days. Third rate fly by night chickenshit outfit if you ask me.
Back again

Pasadena, TX

#16 Sep 10, 2012
Cable still acting up after many weeks. I was promised a credit, but when it did not appear on my statement I called customer service. I advised them that I had an e mail telling me that a credit was issued but it was not on the statement, she said to pay it anyway and it would come off next month. I told her I did not have any desire to pay for services and products I did not order or receive. She told me she had a better deal for me, instead of my credits , she would cut my premier cable tier cost down from 18.00 a month to 9.00 a month for a year That would save me 108.00 and that was much better than the sixty some odd dollars they owed me now. I was informed however that the 9.00 discount was instead of them issuing the credits.
Good deal huh, I declined her offer but she reminded me that I still had to pay the amount I was billed (although it is incorrect).

What a company.
Deered

Pasadena, TX

#17 Sep 24, 2012
Comcast internet service once highly touted to others by myself is now taking a dump the same as their TV service has recently. I have returned three boxes in the last month, reduced my payment to comcast and am in the process of returning and canceling their internet equipment and service.I guess I will just have to piggyback on my neighbors crappy wireless network for a while.
Whatever happened to the plan to have city wide wireless service?

Recent upload speeds based on comcast's own "Speed Test" were 0.45 mbps (or 460.8 KbPS) when the basic service which is what I have touts speeds of "up to 768 kbps." I suppose legally 460.8 falls in that category of "up to 768 kbps," but so does 1 KbPS... however......slow, freezing, not loading, minutes to open a simple e mail is not acceptable.
Operating at 60 percent effectiveness I must say that like the republican party,Comcast after sharpening it to a razor sharpness has lost it's edge.

Comcast service bad for the economy:
Recently I returned a purchase of a new 37 inch LCD LED HD television because Comcast could not even get their service connected to their own equipment, not only has comcast's poor performance resulted in lost revenue for themselves, but also for other neighborhood business. One must wonder if Bain Capital has taken over operations at Comcast.
DP Wireless

Pasadena, TX

#18 Sep 24, 2012
Deered wrote:
Whatever happened to the plan to have city wide wireless service?
What plan was that? I don't remember that ever coming up as a plan at Council. I've lived two other places that spent millions to implement citywide wireless only to scrap it within three years. Tremendous waste of taxpayer money in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pasadena gangs; are they still here??? (Oct '07) 18 min Right pharts 113
2020 Lamar Drive (Sep '08) 19 min Knew pharts 56
I'm bored! Tell me a joke! (May '13) 6 hr josh 40
Jerry Mouton & John Moon both endorsed by Conse... Mon ThisPharrts 18
News Texas Man, 37, Charged In 2002 Double Slaying (Oct '14) Mon Lol 13
homeless people in cars at walmart Apr 23 PerhapsPharts 12
Job Apr 22 Defiant1 178

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance