First Prev
of 4
Next Last
really

Houston, TX

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Precinct #704 for 118 against 69
Precinct #662 for 197 against 67

These two precincts had a total of 315 for and 136 against or a total swing of 179 in favor of the tax increase. The tax passed by 126 votes so these two precincts passed the tax for everyone.

Where is precinct #662, I can't find it listed?

Do u know anyone in these two precincts that voted? I wonder what their motive was? Are they teachers/administration employees? Why the strong favor in those two districts when the other precincts said no!

Precinct #704 had one of the highest turn outs for the city election and it holds true to the tax increase vote as well...13% of the vote total on the school tax and precinct #662 had 18% of the total. Just wondering?
really

Houston, TX

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Precinct #662 voted for the tax increase by 130 votes. This precinct is in Pasadena; Fairmont X Space Center X Red Bluff road. So Pasadena citizens voted in a tax increase for all of Deer Park. It passed by 126 votes, do you get it?
really

Houston, TX

#3 Dec 17, 2012
I say its time to remove Pasadena from DPISD! Lets get city limits to be the schools boundaries. Keep Pasadena in Pasadena, LaPorte in LaPorte, and Deer Park in Deer Park city limits only!

Deer Park does not need Pasadena citizens passing taxes onto citizens of Deer Park. What can be done?
Andrea

Houston, TX

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Interesting indeed.
knowledge

Ballwin, MO

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Some of you people just floor me.

Every single person voting in this election is a tax payer for DPISD. Pasadena citizens that voted will pay the DPISD property tax rate the same as all the rest. They did not vote in an increase that they wouldn't pay.

It's the same reason that all the folks on east boulevard with a deer park address but live in la Porte ISD could not vote in the election for the increase.

Do some basic research before you spout off stupidity.
wonder

Pasadena, TX

#6 Dec 17, 2012
I agree with you knowledge.

Do you think the 662 voters were district employees? Did they realize if any given or promised of a raise that this tax increase will just dwindle it away? Or could it be they were more worried about retaining their jobs?
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#7 Dec 17, 2012
really wrote:
I say its time to remove Pasadena from DPISD! Lets get city limits to be the schools boundaries. Keep Pasadena in Pasadena, LaPorte in LaPorte, and Deer Park in Deer Park city limits only!
Deer Park does not need Pasadena citizens passing taxes onto citizens of Deer Park. What can be done?
I am not for senseless taxes like this but if I understand it right, people in the district pay the district taxes. So, if Pasadena residents (they are residents, not citizens of a city), they pay taxes on whatever district their kids attend school in.

I may be wrong but that is what I heard.
Love taxes

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 17, 2012
knowledge wrote:
Every single person voting in this election is a tax payer for DPISD. Pasadena citizens that voted will pay the DPISD property tax rate the same as all the rest. They did not vote in an increase that they wouldn't pay.
It's the same reason that all the folks on east boulevard with a deer park address but live in la Porte ISD could not vote in the election for the increase.
Pasadena folks love taxes that is why they voted for the 4B sales tax. All the more reason that the DPISD should be made up and limited to Deer Park city limits. I've talked with many who purchased a home over by Luella only to find out its LaPorte school disctict. Of course they should have checked this out, but I too see no reason for districts to be made up of areas outside of each city limits. Same for DPISD to be busing students from across the ship channel, no reason, its time to get school districts confined to city limits.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#9 Dec 17, 2012
LOLOL
Teabaggers are so entertaining.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Knowledge that last line threw u off a bit, it did me too, but I get the jest. The numbers are still interesting, they always are, especially city elections.

Since: Jul 08

Deer Park

#11 Dec 17, 2012
There was a $8 million dollar budget deficit. If DPISD cut all electives, sports and extra curricular activities that would amount to a $3 million savings.

The problem is not reckless spending, it was loss of revenue by Perry's property tax reforms. He said his 1% business revenue tax would cover the shortfall. Then Comptroller Carol Keeton Strayhorn called him on it, voters decided Perry was right. He wasn't. Now DPISD needs more revenue. Carol Keeton Strayhorn could have told you this years ago.

Drop the Tea Party, they only give us ideological zealots, not smart leaders.

Deer Park

#12 Dec 17, 2012
<<< Not a DPISD employee.
Love taxes

Houston, TX

#13 Dec 17, 2012
Mostly Worthless wrote:
There was a $8 million dollar budget deficit. If DPISD cut all electives, sports and extra curricular activities that would amount to a $3 million savings.
The problem is not reckless spending, it was loss of revenue by Perry's property tax reforms. He said his 1% business revenue tax would cover the shortfall. Then Comptroller Carol Keeton Strayhorn called him on it, voters decided Perry was right. He wasn't. Now DPISD needs more revenue. Carol Keeton Strayhorn could have told you this years ago.
Drop the Tea Party, they only give us ideological zealots, not smart leaders.
So what would/do u do if your income dropped 25%, would you ask your neighbors for more help in funding your over spent budget? Budgets and funding are not a guarantee to spend and borrow, i.e. bonds, more than you can handle given uncontrolled circumstances. Just like the city has done when they had huge incomes from the industrial payments, they went and spent it like it would be there forever and it wasn't. The school district should understand Murphy's law.

Deer Park

#14 Dec 17, 2012
If my income dropped 25% I would update my resume and find a job that gave me more revenue.
Andrea

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 17, 2012
knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
These are cuts the public will not want. These are cuts that will hit the district and kill your property values.
They chose the increase and rightly so.
Do you think it would kill property taxes in Pasadena or Deer Park or both? How do cuts kill property values? And who is "they"?
DPmom

Pasadena, TX

#17 Dec 17, 2012
knowledge wrote:

You can't fix stupid. Lol!
Annuit Coeptis

Deer Park, TX

#18 Dec 17, 2012
This thread is very entertaining. Keep it coming. A couple of you have your heads on straight and seem very well informed. A couple of you just sound angry about a lot of stuff, including taxes.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
This thread is very entertaining. Keep it coming. A couple of you have your heads on straight and seem very well informed. A couple of you just sound angry about a lot of stuff, including taxes.
Getting fleeced out of hard earned money is nothing to get upset over, shill?.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#20 Dec 17, 2012
I have contacted the Texas Ethics Commission about this election due to an email blast sent out to parents about election from a teacher. Will post when I get a response.
Annuit Coeptis

Deer Park, TX

#21 Dec 18, 2012
sdjs wrote:
I have contacted the Texas Ethics Commission about this election due to an email blast sent out to parents about election from a teacher. Will post when I get a response.
sdjs, you do that, good luck with your whiny little complaint. Sounds like sour grapes to me...
Sounds like someone who taunts their opponent mercilessly when they win, pee their britches and cry foul to the ethics commission when they lose...what a weasel.

AC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heavy Fed the song (May '14) 55 min SamDamnit 161
Homeland? 2 hr fubar 23
Santa in Lp 3 hr Norma Eliot 21
Fed and the White (power?) Movement 12 hr Heavy Fed 22
Kirby Vacuum "salesmen" in the area. (Oct '08) 17 hr big budz in kona 394
Cenikor (Feb '11) 21 hr Smith 118
KKK in Deer Park (Jan '10) Fri Mom41 130

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match