Changes in the fire department

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 3, 2012
The fire department is about to drive out most of the volunteers on the EMS side due to changes that were brought on because of a certain call. I personally can't believe the Chief is about to change things so dramatically to save his son from loosing his license as a Paramedic. I can personally say that I wouldn't want an arrogant Paramedic with a blown up head to work on me either. His son is one of those that has a head so big he can't see out of the box, and has the mentality that my daddy is the chief so nothing will happen to me. The current Chief of the cities fire department needs to give up and resign. He has done enough damage already.
1dpOpinion

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2012
Imwild1 wrote:
The fire department is about to drive out most of the volunteers on the EMS side due to changes that were brought on because of a certain call. I personally can't believe the Chief is about to change things so dramatically to save his son from loosing his license as a Paramedic. I can personally say that I wouldn't want an arrogant Paramedic with a blown up head to work on me either. His son is one of those that has a head so big he can't see out of the box, and has the mentality that my daddy is the chief so nothing will happen to me. The current Chief of the cities fire department needs to give up and resign. He has done enough damage already.
Well, lets dissect this a little bit. The Chief has been in charge for many years and has disciplined fairly, I'm sure, for all these years or he would have been voted out a long time ago. If the volunteers don't like the way things are being run then maybe it's time for THEM to leave. What changes are being implemented to "chase out" the volunteers?
Secondly, the chief cannot stop his son from losing his license; it is a state issued license and any inappropriate actions would be investigated by an outside agency.
Thirdly, the chief reports to the city council and city managers office and I'm quite certain they would not put up with any inappropriate actions taking place "due to a certain call" which would put the city at risk for lawsuit. Which I am wondering if that is your concern.
Why don't you be a little more specific as to what happened during this call that makes you feel a wrong was committed; one enough for his son to lose his license? Would it be one that could be suit worthy, wrongful death, put one's life in jeopardy? Or one YOU felt something different should have been done. As long as you don't use names, HIPPA doesn't keep a medical attendant from describing an incident. So tell us interested parties what really happened; so the citizens of DP can know what kind of ill duties were performed to cause him to save his son.
Now lets dissect you a little bit. What did his daddy do to you that you didn't like? Sounds like someone peed in your Cheerios and you didn't like it? Lets get the real reason out there. Are you a new member of the fire department staff trying to starting rumors? Or a relative of one? That appears to me what is going on as I read between the lines! Anyone who knows the chief, in his role as the chief and personally, knows he would never have different disciplinary actions based on "who" it is, son or friend. That call has most likely come up before in his tenure. To know this man off and on the job for 30 years and someone to question his ability as a chief but moreover his integrity sounds like you are the disgruntled department volunteer/employee that can't think out of the box for your arrogance. It's quite possible a persons confidence may be mistaken as arrogance.
If the chief is voted out come election time then the whole fire department can make a decision at that time if he should still be in charge. I would bet my world that won't happen. So, if you are not happy with decisions maybe you should be the one to leave.
Why

Katy, TX

#3 Nov 4, 2012
Why aren't you addressing this within the Fire Department instead of on this public forum? The Chief has been with the Departmant for a long time and has done a great job. I'm sure he has most of the members support. When a person is such a coward to adress things openly, it does not add much credibility to their complaint. It also effects the morale and camaraderie in the organization. Now go get your pacifier and crying towel.
Imwild1 wrote:
Scooby

Deer Park, TX

#4 Nov 4, 2012
As a resident of Deer Park I would be interested in knowing more....
Scooby Do!
just sayin

Deer Park, TX

#5 Nov 4, 2012
Imwild1 wrote:
If you don't like how things are being run, why don't you get off you lazy, fat ass and run for that position? Oh wait, it's to easy to get on your computer and complain instead of walking into the Chief's office and telling him all of your concerns. That is what a real man would do. Not come on Topix and whine and cry. What volunteers are going to be driven out? They can't speak for themselves? What position do you hold, if any?

just sayin
Bridges Supporter

Katy, TX

#6 Nov 4, 2012
Envy and jealousy is an ugly monster isn't it?
Imwild1 wrote:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 4, 2012
Actually I'm not a member of the department. I HAD a family member that was suppose to be being helped by the department. That day was not a good day for my family and if you want to know more why don't you go ask you precious Chief what happened that sad day. I have been paying more attention to the department now. I do have friends there that have been telling me what's happening and the changes that are going on. One of them loves being in the department but may leave since the changes won't make it VOLUNTEER anymore. The department use to be like a family but according to my friend it's not anymore. Yes some of ya'll are right about the decision to voice my opinion on here but that's my right. I'm open to opinions and that's your right. Loosing a family member is awful when something could have been done about it.
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#8 Nov 5, 2012
Trust me, having dealt with Chief Bridges off and on over the years, one thing he is not is biased. He's a very unpleasant fellow to deal with.
TexansRule

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2012
Wow!
wellwellwell

Deer Park, TX

#10 Nov 5, 2012
wow is right. so much drama in this city.
ghostbusted

Houston, TX

#11 Nov 5, 2012
winston zeddemore wrote:
Trust me, having dealt with Chief Bridges off and on over the years, one thing he is not is biased. He's a very unpleasant fellow to deal with.
so you're saying that he's a cock to everyone?
speak

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 5, 2012
So 'imwild1". What occurred? You already mentioned it involved a call response and you mentioned you 'had' a member of your family that was affected somehow by the response or treatment. So bridge the gap, what occurred? We can't ask for a resignation, complain to the city so on and so forth when we don't have a complete picture. At this point I am neutral until the story is painted out. As you well know the chief wont release any info regarding any call so there's one side we can't get.
wellwellwell

Deer Park, TX

#13 Nov 5, 2012
He's only nice to the ones he likes. All the others he will talk to but his attitude is like he really doesn't care what they say. I have had that problem with him. He will just blow you off.
Imjustsayin

United States

#14 Nov 5, 2012
Arrogant Paramedic with a blown up head is right on the dot. It's funny that there is an open investigation going on and the crews that are being investigated due to a patients death aren't even suspended. I use to be in the department and I still hear all the good stuff. Wonder if City Council knows about this or even the City Manager or what about HR? Heck, what would be fun is contacting the news about this....I'm sure once the family finds out about this you can expect a big lawsuit. That guarantees someone's patch is going bye bye!
Ihateuall

Houston, TX

#15 Nov 5, 2012
Quick somebody call city hall...a paramedic just took a shit on duty and he's getting paid to wipe his ass.
Humorous

Deer Park, TX

#16 Nov 5, 2012
what? Paramedics get paid for that? What qualifications do I need? hahaha
wellwellwell

Deer Park, TX

#17 Nov 5, 2012
I know about the call that this is about. Yeah arrogant Paramedic is right. He does have the my daddy is the Chief you can't touch me attitude. One day it's going to bite both of them in the butt and I wish it would happen soon so the department can get back to the way it use to be. It's not the same anymore. The Chief has so many things changing now and I'm not sure it's for the better.
Retard

Tomball, TX

#18 Nov 6, 2012
wellwellwell wrote:
He's only nice to the ones he likes. All the others he will talk to but his attitude is like he really doesn't care what they say. I have had that problem with him. He will just blow you off.
Maybe he wants to be Mayor, from what you have said it seems like he is following the current mayors attitude.
right on

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 6, 2012
I hope the fire side stays the same. I have dealt with the officers leading the departments specifically at station 2. Compassionate and knowledgeable. My kid learned a lot during his visit there and I have had them respond to my place for an emergency. Luckily they were able to prevent further damage. I'm looking to join and help contribute to the city. Hopefully my old age isn't a factor.
Dallas Cowboys Suck

Goliad, TX

#20 Nov 6, 2012
FIRST OF ALL THIS IS A GREAT DEPARTMENT THAT IS MAKING CHANGES FOR THE BETTER. NOBODY IS PERFECT UNLESS YOUR THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST, THEREFORE MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN. BEING THAT NONE OF YOU WERE THERE WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE. AND CHIEF IS A GREAT CHIEF. HE TREATES EVERYBODY LIKE THEIR HIS SON'S OR DAUGHTER'S. ATLEAST HE IS CORRECTING THE INCIDENT SO IT DOESN'T OCCUR AGAIN. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BACK OFF AND LET THE INVESTIGATION PLAY OUT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did not need it 5 hr RedFarter 2
Gypsies at Walmart (May '11) 9 hr Warm Farts 52
seems like 17 hr Nine Farts 8
Mayors race Mon Fart Racers 12
Do you know what REALLY goes on at The Boys and... (Sep '10) Sat Care 4 Farts 104
sickle cell May 19 Cut a fart 4
La Porte is the most God-forsaken place on earth May 16 Fart Showers 7

Deer Park Jobs

Personal Finance

Deer Park Mortgages