This forum has died on the vine

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fizzled out

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2013
Topix is a great concept. Too bad the LaPorte forum has gone to the dogs. No pun intended. It's really a shame.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 11, 2013
No, it Hasn't died. There are plenty of new threads and posts. In fact, there are more unique users now than a year ago.

You come here and whine about the quality of the posts here about once a week. Yet you don't post anything worthwhile yourself. You just gripe.

Please, either submit something useful or go away.
Fizzled out

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2013
You speak as if you know me. I assure you you do not. It's been quite some time since I've looked at this Forum because it had become riddled with meanness. I see that has not changed. You, ma'am, are a fine example.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#4 Oct 11, 2013
So, what have you contributed this time other than a complaint?
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#5 Oct 11, 2013
It was an observation, not a complaint.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#6 Oct 11, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
It was an observation, not a complaint.
Sounds like crap to me.

Look down a few topics... another poster like you claimed this forum was dead years ago.

It's what you make of it... contribute or quit your bitchin.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like crap to me.
Look down a few topics... another poster like you claimed this forum was dead years ago.
Darn, you beat me to it, but I just don't expect a crybaby to contribute anything but more crybaby posts.
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#8 Oct 11, 2013
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've participated in useful threads and have started useful threads. My only point was that no matter what the subject, it either turns ugly or veers from the original topic. This is a perfect case in point. Can there not be meaningful dialogue without unnecessary conflict? There is little kindness anymore.
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#9 Oct 11, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like crap to me.
I see the post you are referring to. It's from 2009. I did not start that thread, nor did I participate in that thread. In fact, until your comment, I didn't even see that thread. I was merely stating that Topix is not what I believe it was intended to be and that that is unfortunate because it's a good idea. I seem to be misunderstood.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 11, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
<quoted text>I see the post you are referring to. It's from 2009. I did not start that thread, nor did I participate in that thread. In fact, until your comment, I didn't even see that thread. I was merely stating that Topix is not what I believe it was intended to be and that that is unfortunate because it's a good idea. I seem to be misunderstood.
You started this thread to piss on the forum... then you cry when you get pissed back on.

There are those of us who enjoy coming here and interacting with others... whether that interaction be negative or positive does not matter... only that we interact.

I enjoy being beaten up on and challenged at every turn... opposition invigorates me... it starts my motor and puts me in drive.

Had I not had the posters here opposing me... I probably would not still be here.

If you can't handle the heat... get out of the kitchen.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#11 Oct 11, 2013
Still waiting on a useful contribution from OP. Whatcha got? Politics? Nosey neighbors? Comment on abortion or the death penalty? This is your time to shine!

Come on; we're waiting!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12 Oct 11, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I've participated in useful threads and have started useful threads. My only point was that no matter what the subject, it either turns ugly or veers from the original topic. This is a perfect case in point. Can there not be meaningful dialogue without unnecessary conflict? There is little kindness anymore.
In case you haven't noticed, you live in Obama's Amerika. Just about everyone is rightfully irritated about something. Don't expect a whole lot of kindness.

Just what do you mean by "useful"?.
Fizzled out

La Porte, TX

#13 Oct 11, 2013
Oh, I don't think so. If you guys enjoy sparring, then have at it. I'm not interested in nosey neighbors and the like. That's not useful. My idea of "useful" is community safety, our city tax dollars being spent responsibly, cleaning up our city and our children's education. I guess I just don't understand the hatefulness. That's just not who I am.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#14 Oct 11, 2013
Fizzled out wrote:
Oh, I don't think so. If you guys enjoy sparring, then have at it. I'm not interested in nosey neighbors and the like. That's not useful. My idea of "useful" is community safety, our city tax dollars being spent responsibly, cleaning up our city and our children's education. I guess I just don't understand the hatefulness. That's just not who I am.
Well, one reason I am pissed is that some joker keeps posting his desire for something "useful", but refuses to post anything useful himself. I wonder if he expects people to be delighted with him.

We are waiting for you to set an example for us. Post something "useful".

Location hidden

#15 Oct 11, 2013
As far as this forum dying... it's been quite some time since there have been this many posts by this many people on a Friday.

Fridays are usually dead here.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#16 Oct 12, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't noticed, you live in Obama's Amerika. Just about everyone is rightfully irritated about something. Don't expect a whole lot of kindness.
Just what do you mean by "useful"?.
News flash Texas is not Obama's America. Who even knows what that means. It is the same America I grew up in but with a lower income tax rate.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2013
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>News flash Texas is not Obama's America. Who even knows what that means. It is the same America I grew up in but with a lower income tax rate.
So true. Texas has jobs and low taxes. That's not Zero's Amerika.
Elaine

Houston, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2013
Still waiting OP.
GOTP

La Porte, TX

#19 Oct 12, 2013
So Elaine spells America with a "K." It is typical of an Aryan racist, but we know that already.

So what I want to know is just what is Obama's America that you refer to?

Is it Obama's America that killed Bin Laden?

Is it Obama's America that uses drones to kill our enemies with out killing our kids?

Is it Obama's America that created a "Sam's Club" of private health insurers that people employed by small business that don't provide benefits can afford?

Is it Obama's America that pulled us out of the deepest recession/depression that Bush got us into?

Is it Obama's America that ended discrimination against gays in the military?

Is it Obama's American that is opposing the racist voter suppression laws?

Is it Obama's America that is opposing the Republicans "War on Women?"

Is it Obama's America that opposes shutting down the Federal Government because Romney, the creator of RomneyCare in Mass AKA Obamacare, has become popular?

Is it Obama's American that is bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers?(Or is that Boehner's TEA Party America?)

To me...who has greatly benefited from Obama's America in the stock market...I like it.

So what is YOUR AmeriKa Eliane?

Location hidden

#20 Oct 12, 2013
GOTP wrote:
So Elaine spells America with a "K." It is typical of an Aryan racist, but we know that already.

So what I want to know is just what is Obama's America that you refer to?

Is it Obama's America that killed Bin Laden?

Is it Obama's America that uses drones to kill our enemies with out killing our kids?

Is it Obama's America that created a "Sam's Club" of private health insurers that people employed by small business that don't provide benefits can afford?

Is it Obama's America that pulled us out of the deepest recession/depression that Bush got us into?

Is it Obama's America that ended discrimination against gays in the military?

Is it Obama's American that is opposing the racist voter suppression laws?

Is it Obama's America that is opposing the Republicans "War on Women?"

Is it Obama's America that opposes shutting down the Federal Government because Romney, the creator of RomneyCare in Mass AKA Obamacare, has become popular?

Is it Obama's American that is bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers?(Or is that Boehner's TEA Party America?)

To me...who has greatly benefited from Obama's America in the stock market...I like it.

So what is YOUR AmeriKa Eliane?
You're freakin delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's Brain Damage. Sat Defiant1 13
Trump's Child Care Plan Sat Defiant1 20
Pasadena Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Sat Hudson 3
Clinton bribed Lynch. Sat Defiant1 37
kkk supports hillary Sat Defiant1 50
Does it bother you Christians? Sat Defiant1 77
lpbba Sep 20 Jason 1

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance