Robbery @ Walmart
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Unless I missed it, I never read about this in the DP paper, nor saw anything on the news.

A lady was in the hwre store this afternoon having keys made. She told us she was robbed last Tuesday @ 4pm in the parking lot. She is an elderly lady and said she was parked up front in the handicapped parking. As she was walking to her vehicle, two black men drove up and one snatched her purse. She and other witnesses did get the license plate number. They caught the driver, but not the man who snatched her purse. The driver lived in Pecan Plantation and he claimed the man who robbed her didn't "stay with him". Ladies please beware when walking out of any store......crime is creeping in everywhere!

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#2 Jul 15, 2009
Forgot to mention it was the Walmart in Deer Park.

Since: Jul 09

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Walmart is in La Porte.
LP Voter

AOL

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Nope...Walmart is in DP. LP blew that opportunity.

“Perplexed”

Deer Park

#5 Jul 16, 2009
mkesk wrote:
Walmart is in La Porte.
Walmart is in DP, not La Porte.
doireallylikedpt x

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 16, 2009
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5116
9025 Spencer Highway
La Porte, TX 77571
DPGirl

Houston, TX

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Where was Security? Dumb question, I know, but they must "beef" it up if this has happened.
reader

United States

#8 Jul 16, 2009
Walmart is located in the city limits of DP!

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#9 Jul 16, 2009
Spencer Hwy is La Porte. Once you leave Spencer, you are in the city limits of Deer Park.

While Walmart is actually situated within the city limits of DP, it only uses a La Porte address, since Spencer is within LP city limits. There are no DP addresses for Spencer. It's either LP or Pasadena.
reader

Houston, TX

#10 Jul 16, 2009
Where can one find a map that shows the city limits of Dp correctly and in its entirety?
LP Voter

United States

#11 Jul 16, 2009
reader wrote:
Where can one find a map that shows the city limits of Dp correctly and in its entirety?
Not sure where you can get a map that shows city lines. I can tell you that from Underwood, traveling west, everything on the north side of Spencer is Deer Park. Wal-Mart might show a La Porte listing in the phone book or online (not sure if it does) but is in DP. As a La Porte citizen, I can tell you I was pissed that our city council passed on the chance to have Wal-Mart
built in out city. Talk about lost city revenue. Sheesh.
pop

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2009
I have a Deer Park map that is very current. Starting at Underwood and Spencer everything North of Spencer is Deer Park. So, Walmart is in Deer Park.
However, once you go just past Academy St. still heading west on Spencer up to Center is not Deer Park on the north side of Spencer. The boundary takes a jog north just below S. Travis St. So, that Shell Gas station is not part of Deer Park on the Northeast corner of Spencer and Center. Of course Center at the intersection of Spencer is in the boundary of Deer Park, but then the boundary take another turn north, starting on the west side of Center and runs all the way from South side of Aljean Ln to Red Bluff. So the Mc Donald's on Spencer near Center, Arby's all of that is not in Deer Park city limits.

You can see what I'm talking about by using the Deer Park Zoning Map. You'll have to zoom in alot to see it good.

So dptx "once you leave Spencer your in DP" is not correct. Here's a link for ya
http://www.deerparktx.gov/egov/docs/122447011...
DPSince75

United States

#13 Jul 16, 2009
The DP Police respond to any incicents at WalMart, so it must be within the city of Deer Park`s limits and jurisdiction.
MissingDP

San Clemente, CA

#14 Jul 16, 2009
Just like the shooting that happend in the Gerlands/Food Fair (or whatever it is called now) parking lot at the corner of Spencer and Underwood.....it was all DP police officers that responded. One would think that it would be La Porte......but in fact.....there were not any LP officers there.
Cop Supporter

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2009
MissingDP wrote:
Just like the shooting that happend in the Gerlands/Food Fair (or whatever it is called now) parking lot at the corner of Spencer and Underwood.....it was all DP police officers that responded. One would think that it would be La Porte......but in fact.....there were not any LP officers there.
You are correct.

Thanks POP for the clarification and the link you provided.
Dp Cassie

Houston, TX

#16 Jul 16, 2009
doireallylikedptx wrote:
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5116
9025 Spencer Highway
La Porte, TX 77571
Walmart gets their mail through La Porte, BUT it is located within the city limits of Deer Park. Deer Park police go to the store as needed. Go figure
pop

United States

#17 Jul 16, 2009
Cop Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.
Thanks POP for the clarification and the link you provided.
No problem.

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#18 Jul 16, 2009
pop wrote:
I have a Deer Park map that is very current. Starting at Underwood and Spencer everything North of Spencer is Deer Park. So, Walmart is in Deer Park.
However, once you go just past Academy St. still heading west on Spencer up to Center is not Deer Park on the north side of Spencer. The boundary takes a jog north just below S. Travis St. So, that Shell Gas station is not part of Deer Park on the Northeast corner of Spencer and Center. Of course Center at the intersection of Spencer is in the boundary of Deer Park, but then the boundary take another turn north, starting on the west side of Center and runs all the way from South side of Aljean Ln to Red Bluff. So the Mc Donald's on Spencer near Center, Arby's all of that is not in Deer Park city limits.
You can see what I'm talking about by using the Deer Park Zoning Map. You'll have to zoom in alot to see it good.
So dptx "once you leave Spencer your in DP" is not correct. Here's a link for ya
http://www.deerparktx.gov/egov/docs/122447011...
And folks wonder why I get so wordy... Yes, I realize that my statement was not entirely correct, in all aspects. However, we were talking about Walmart and I was only addressing that particular area, in which case my observation is correct.

Now there is a good map online, that shows the boundaries of Deer Park (Dark Green Line), as well as the zip codes of the surrounding areas.
http://www.zipmap.net/Texas/Harris_County/Dee...

“Candor for the few”

Deer Park

#19 Jul 16, 2009
Oh, I forgot to mention...
While the Shell Station at the corner of Center & Spencer is not in Deer Park, it is in Zip Code 77536. This is like Walmart being in Deer Park, with a Zip Code of 77571.

You can't determine the actual city boundaries by post office addresses.
pop

Seabrook, TX

#20 Jul 16, 2009
DPTX wrote:
<quoted text>And folks wonder why I get so wordy... Yes, I realize that my statement was not entirely correct, in all aspects. However, we were talking about Walmart and I was only addressing that particular area, in which case my observation is correct.
Now there is a good map online, that shows the boundaries of Deer Park (Dark Green Line), as well as the zip codes of the surrounding areas.
http://www.zipmap.net/Texas/Harris_County/Dee...
Facts only please. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Obama change is coming (Nov '08) Thu Fartsy Stain 48
Vote HRC for war! (Oct '16) Wed Fart Extra 13
Bumper Sticker on aTexas Car (Sep '10) Wed Fart Extra 32
Are"select" Baseball teams really worth the time? (Jan '11) Wed Fart Large 78
La Porte's FINEST (Jul '08) Tue Farts Magurts 113
GOP Crumbling and Dems are gaining support Tue You fart mongrel 22
Heavy Fed the song (May '14) Tue Fart Jams 237

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance