First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Howmanydoweneed

Houston, TX

#21 Mar 11, 2013
platitudes wrote:
I saw that someone is making repairs to the old SJE. Saw a plumbing company trenching under the foundation. What is the status on the old SJE? Has it been leased or sold? Who is footing the bill on the repairs?
It may not be who is, but who WILL especially if the city takes over the building for their P&R expansion. Getting out of one disaster, the Battleground golf course, and diving right into another. If they lease the GC out then they have all of that lost money from the GC to waste on the old school building and payroll expansion. So they figure if they loose the same amount as the golf course was loosing then it won't cost the tax payer a dime.
Howmanydoweneed

Houston, TX

#22 Mar 11, 2013
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
I hear the City will use the gym and cafeteria for a northside recreation center...plans are soft for what to do with the rest of it, probably tear it down.
PS - the bond election to build a new SJE, new Admin, new North Campus and stadium renovations passed by a 4-1 margin, so who exactly got "duped" here?
AC
If u need to ask that question then u r 1 of the duped
wonder

Pasadena, TX

#23 Mar 13, 2013
It makes me wonder if DPISD may have some concerns that a Charter School may attempt to purhcase or lease, if the voucher system comes into play for the state.

or

Will the district retain this property even though they receive generous offers afraid of losing funds to the competition if the voucher system passes.

shakeemup

Houston, TX

#24 Mar 13, 2013
Voucher for all is the way to go then the monopoly will have some competition for the dollar/student. As long as they have basically the only show in town they will always ask for more money claiming its needed to fund the students, but its actually needed to fund the teachers retirement programs which are a one way ticket for massive retirement benefits for teachers.
Really

United States

#25 Mar 13, 2013
DP Dead But Not Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
The bond election for the new school was voted in by the people, so they are the ones you should be mad at--unless you are just a moron (which is probably the case).
The bond election was passed by morons like yourself and I would be mad at y'all but I actually feel more sorry for the the mentally incompetent.
Really

United States

#26 Mar 13, 2013
wearestupid wrote:
Citizen believe that DPISD would not raise taxes because we pass the bond issue.
The funny thing is they didn't even have to raise our taxes. They relied on the idiots to do it to themselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
List of Obama's sealed and unreleased records (Mar '12) 5 hr Unsealed Farts 135
police report (Apr '12) 5 hr Best Farts 10
News League City / Webster / Nassau Bay / Friendswoo... (Mar '13) 5 hr Best Farts 9
News Student pushes for classmate's deportation, get... Mon Burger FART 25
Deer Park homebound meals program (Mar '17) Sun Fart Cook 13
Heavy Trash pickup not acceptable Sep 21 Messy Farts 4
Illegal Aliens Interupt DACA Meeting. Sep 19 Fart Politics News 3

Deer Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deer Park Mortgages