First Prev
of 2
Next Last
right on

Waller, TX

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Are they planning to turn the SJE gym into a city facility and use the rest of the school for Wolter's kids?

Since: Apr 09

Deer Park, Tx

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Yes and no the gym is going to be used for the city but the rest of the school is going to be used for the DAEP bad kids. The school district is currently remodeling The Wolter's building they have at North Campus.So far that is what I have been told.
right on

Waller, TX

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Why is the old SJE ok for daep kids but not good enough for elementary kids? Can you please ask that? They said it was too expensive to repair SJE and that is why they built new SJE.
dpdad

Ballwin, MO

#4 Dec 11, 2012
right on wrote:
Why is the old SJE ok for daep kids but not good enough for elementary kids? Can you please ask that? They said it was too expensive to repair SJE and that is why they built new SJE.
so they could spend over 30 million of your tax dollars for another new building.
DP Dead But Not Forgotten

Houston, TX

#5 Dec 11, 2012
right on wrote:
Because the school is over 50 years old and has asbestos in it--pretty good reasons to build a new one for children, wouldn't you say?
DP Dead But Not Forgotten

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 11, 2012
dpdad wrote:
<quoted text>
so they could spend over 30 million of your tax dollars for another new building.
The bond election for the new school was voted in by the people, so they are the ones you should be mad at--unless you are just a moron (which is probably the case).
jumpinjackflash

Waller, TX

#7 Dec 11, 2012
DP Dead But Not Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the school is over 50 years old and has asbestos in it--pretty good reasons to build a new one for children, wouldn't you say?
So you are saying it's ok for the DAEP students to attend the old SJE, but not ok for regular students? I think you missed the point they were making. Reread what you responded to.
curious

Deer Park, TX

#8 Dec 11, 2012
dpdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Spending my tax dollars on a fancy school, but ok for other students to go there. The ones that voted for it which wasn't me, were duped again.
DPCPA

La Porte, TX

#9 Dec 11, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. Spending my tax dollars on a fancy school, but ok for other students to go there. The ones that voted for it which wasn't me, were duped again.
How exacly were they duped?
Annuit Coeptis

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 12, 2012
I hear the City will use the gym and cafeteria for a northside recreation center...plans are soft for what to do with the rest of it, probably tear it down.
PS - the bond election to build a new SJE, new Admin, new North Campus and stadium renovations passed by a 4-1 margin, so who exactly got "duped" here?
AC

“Trying to be civil with idiots”

Since: Oct 09

Sarajevo, Bosnia

#11 Dec 12, 2012
DP Dead But Not Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought SJE was asbestos free since 1989? I remember the very large project to remove all the asbestos that lasted about 5 years.
MAKESENSE

Waller, TX

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Annuit Coeptis wrote:
I hear the City will use the gym and cafeteria for a northside recreation center...plans are soft for what to do with the rest of it, probably tear it down.
PS - the bond election to build a new SJE, new Admin, new North Campus and stadium renovations passed by a 4-1 margin, so who exactly got "duped" here?
AC
read from the top down you will find your answer
wearestupid

Humble, TX

#13 Dec 13, 2012
Citizen believe that DPISD would not raise taxes because we pass the bond issue.

Since: Apr 09

Deer Park, Tx

#14 Dec 13, 2012
Instead of tearing down the SJE building they are using it to hold the students and staff from North Campus while they rebuild part of North campus. North campus needs somewhere to put the kids and staff while they fix the building why not use the old SJE building while no one is their?

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#15 Dec 13, 2012
wearestupid wrote:
Citizen believe that DPISD would not raise taxes because we pass the bond issue.
Amen!
kpet

Pasadena, TX

#16 Dec 13, 2012
New buildings being built everywhere and 8mil. in debt.And a Superintendent pushing higher taxes.
kpet

Pasadena, TX

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Adairs Sheeples will vote for the tax increase.
dp mom

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 15, 2012
DPISD HAS RAISED OUR TAXES 3 times in 4 yrs!
platitudes

Friendswood, TX

#19 Mar 11, 2013
I saw that someone is making repairs to the old SJE. Saw a plumbing company trenching under the foundation. What is the status on the old SJE? Has it been leased or sold? Who is footing the bill on the repairs?
Honey Badger

United States

#20 Mar 11, 2013
kpet wrote:
Adairs Sheeples will vote for the tax increase.
Yep. A Progressive Liberal Democrat. He will probably have the teachers use computers purchased with our Tax dollars to send emails to the parents of students pushing support for Mouton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone recognize this guy?? 59 min Elaine 38
Romney is out. 1 hr Elaine 18
Obama's Narcissism 1 hr Elaine 19
Zimmerman Cleared AGAIN! 1 hr josh 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 10 hr weary taxpayer 773
looking for someone Fri wildcat1979 1
Colburn's Pest Control (Sep '09) Jan 28 A colburns customer 5

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST